Something About Nothing ... #12

Ugh. The temp high here today is 98. Yuck yuck yuck. Me no likes heat. Especially in October. Boo! :mad:

Well the strange orange glow we noticed this morning was all over the UK today.......sand lifted from the Sahara caused it.......it was eerie at times the way the light looked today........to see a pure orange sun through a strong mist is just weird........haven’t seen a day like this for years.......

Ophelia is causing some damage here and I believe 3 are dead.........just called mum and she said she’s ok but it’s quite bad now where she is.......we have high winds picking up and that’s about it.......certainly been a strange day as it was so still till around an hour ago.......won’t be going out tonight.......

Have to go out tomorrow though so hope it’s passed........

Nothing on tv tonight......might have an early night...........

Oh Schumi, hope mum and you and family are all okay. Cannot believe that a category 1 could hit where it has. Stay safe. I hate when nothing is on TV. That usually happens on Saturdays for us.

It's been a long and cool day. That wind is downright cold. Tree is doing an exercise in bending back and forth. Some had hats on. I think I should have put one on too. At least the sun is trying to peak out from the gray cloud blanket and some puffy white clouds still hanging around.

What to have for dinner. Hmm, I am sure little one already had soup and what ever else she could get into before she works over dinner time today. Which means, more food when she gets home from work.

Well the strange orange glow we noticed this morning was all over the UK today.......sand lifted from the Sahara caused it.......it was eerie at times the way the light looked today........to see a pure orange sun through a strong mist is just weird........haven’t seen a day like this for years.......

Ophelia is causing some damage here and I believe 3 are dead.........just called mum and she said she’s ok but it’s quite bad now where she is.......we have high winds picking up and that’s about it.......certainly been a strange day as it was so still till around an hour ago.......won’t be going out tonight.......

Have to go out tomorrow though so hope it’s passed........

Nothing on tv tonight......might have an early night...........

Keeping positive thoughts in mind for you and your family!

Thanks guys......we’re ok here on the East Coast just very windy.........but looks dreadful on the West Coast of the UK.....particularly Ireland and W Scotland.......Although the news just saw some idiot going for a swim in Ireland as the sea was surging unbelievably high.......idiot.

As I type this wind has just got so much worse.........

Lynne enjoy your dinner whatever it is.........I made Tom some crab bisque today......it was really nice but not a soup fan.......he is though so I always make it for him when he asks........

About to put 2 pork butts in the slow cookers to cook slowly overnight.........pulled pork tomorrow night and a whole load to freeze........yay!

Ugh. The temp high here today is 98. Yuck yuck yuck. Me no likes heat. Especially in October. Boo! :mad:

If you don't like it, wait a few hours and it will change !

I came back past weekend and temps would be in the mid 90's and later would drop

I grew up in an area of high humidity so Orlando weather was not an issue for me

Historically, Orlando has temps in the upper digits on October mid month
Temps can be up or down

Have been there at times where a jacket was needed when sun went down

Enjoy your vacation
Studios has more indoor rides
So do Rhodes if the heat bothers you

Dinner here tonight will be carry out

Not ready to cook

Lunch was Taco Bell

After two weeks on vacation stepped on the scale
Two pounds gained
Usually it is a lot more

I did not eat as heavy or have many snacks on this trip or if I had, would be looking at ten pounds gain

Thinking of a short trip early next year

Schumi stay safe with that weather you are having

Finally got to sleep sometime after 2:00 this morning and had to get up at 8:00. I was dragging all day. My coworkers wanted to talk politics today. I refuse. We don't agree on many things, so I find it best not to say anything at all. Tried to take a nap when I got home. First my mother called, then someone rang the doorbell (handing out political information), then the phone rang and it was more political stuff. I guess I just wasn't meant to get a nap today.

Schumi - Glad to hear you are safe from the storm. Crab bisque sounds really good. I like soups, especially the thick, creamy kind.

Macraven - Two pounds is pretty good. I'm hoping we do enough walking to offset our eating. I really need to start walking now and get myself used to it. Every Monday night is carry out for us. It's the one night of the week we can't all be home on the same night.

One last t-shirt pic - I promise. I found this one and had to get it for my daughter.

n695io.jpg

Cute shirt, as me and little one both played the clarinet. Sorry to hear you did not get much sleep Charade. Hopefully better sleep tonight.

Awww, my kids can be so good sometimes. I was so cold, asked older one to retrieve little one from her work. They came home with a large cup of coffee for me. It was gulped down and now under a blanket.

Should be even colder tomorrow, so sweater weather and be happy to wear short sleeves starting Wednesday.

Enjoy the even8ng homies.

th
What? No late bird homies around last night? Hope all had a good night's sleep then. I did. Got up with DH, and found more traffic than usual. Oh well. At 40 degrees, was moving fast, and wearing a sweater and a jacket. Wind also not as brisk as yesterday. Almost a blue sky, and a golden colored horizon. yay! we will see the sun today, even if it stays cool.

And a funny:
th
Yep, a taco or two today, for Tuesday, would be fine. Seems Mac hit Taco Bell a day early. We're probably going to have meatballs and pasta. It's that kinda day. Made hamburgers last night. Now little one does eat burgers, but when arrived at home, declared she was not eating those, and had another bowl of soup. Both kids must have been cold last night. The driver's air was at 71, the passenger's was 85. Guess little one was colder. Older one only wears long pants when it's really cold. He was in shorts last night, and most likely will be in shorts today. High, this afternoon will be close to 60. Yeah, a cool day.

With that, tea is needed, and something to eat. Hmm, wonder if I need to take a walk.

What? No late bird homies around last night? Hope all had a good night's sleep then. I did.

Sorry, I wasn't around last night.. I was playing my new South Park video game. Which is awesomely rude and funny. :)

Happy Tuesday!!

Do you what this color is in hex?

118080.png

It's #118080.. which is also the number of minutes I have until my vacation!!!!!

Nice Chuckers. Older one downloaded that game, after several complaints about having to wait for it, as he thought it was taking to long for it to come out. He enjoyed it too.

@Lynne G - How old is your older one? Because this game REALLY shouldn't be played by anyone under 16 at most.. At GameStop, we have to make sure they're over 18 in order to buy it.

Last edited:
@Lynne G - How old is your older one? Because this game REALLY shouldn't be played by anyone under 16 at most.. At GameStop, we have to make sure they're over 18 in order to buy it.

He's 19, and will be 20 in 2 weeks. Oh, he's had older games with South Park too. Thanks, and I think you'd get along with him, he's a fond player of most video games. FPS are his favorite though.

He's 19, and will be 20 in 2 weeks. Oh, he's had older games with South Park too. Thanks, and I think you'd get along with him, he's a fond player of most video games. FPS are his favorite though.

Lynne, I'm 52, I don't get along with anyone.

damn-kids-get-off-my-lawn.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!