Something About Nothing ... #12

party::bday:

Agavegirl1

At least you celebrated before midnight
With a big glass of happiness

Dentist had cancellation this am. Bonding broke again on molar. 4th time since early sept. Ins co still reviewing it. Rolling the dice and have a temp in place now! Yea.

Came home & laid kitchen floor with the mr. That doesn't sound quite right lol

Hair appt tomorrow & med tests Friday. Sent dat man for five guys burgers. Likely no cooking till Saturday hehe

Happy birthday to @agavegirl1 !!
Pizza delivery always works great
yep what we did for dinner. I really shouldn't be on computer but trying to get oomph back. This week has been busy and it's only Wednesday. Every night it has been swim, or meetings or something. Have to be in super early to work to get off in time to get kids. Tomorrow is banquet for sponsors of Wingapalooza (of which our company was one), plus DH is current president of the club that puts on Winga, son has his "5 note" concert tomorrow (he practiced for me tonight), plus middle has swim tomorrow and they all over lap in time. Managed to get suit cases out, and magic bands put aside so we don't forget those, got turkey dinner ordered (doing it on Tuesday as DD managed to get sunday, monday and tuesday off!), load of wash in dryer right now, started download of photos off memory maker for niece (who flew in for 3 day whirlwind stay with her dh and dtr), materials printed out for continuing education thing I signed up for tomorrow morning. I really need a big glass of wine but 1- I'm out of wine 2- I can't sleep yet.

Chuckers-love 53 Herbie!!

Lost my train of thought time to go...
Hope all those with health challenges (including teeth-ugh) are well soon!

@Chuckers Herbie is the best one you've done!! Keep 'em coming!

It's coming down to the wire! :flower1: Taking the 4Runner to be detailed and still have a few bits and bobs to pick up. Made Corey try on his swim trunks and between our trip to Ocean City over the summer and now.....well, let's just say that a 16yr old boy in hoochie momma hot pants at the HRH pool...I don't want to be reading about him in a TR! :lmao:Yeah, I'll be buying swim trunks today.

@keishashadow Dentist/teeth woes are the worst! But insurance woes just really bite! See what I did there?

@Monykalyn I forget.....are you just doing Disney on this trip?

Have a great Thursday homies, it's gonna be a busy one!

Sitting here and it's sauna like. This rain brought warmer temperatures, like 10 degrees warmer overnight. Wet ride, but that's okay. Much rather have warmer rain than cool and icy rain.

Sounds like Pooh and MonyK are on the single night countdown. Seems like the errands increase as the go date becomes reality. Get that cup of coffee or tea and enjoy an adult beverage tonight. MonyK, a stop for wine needs to be worked in today.

th
th
th

and a funny:

th
and
th

Hope all is well with that tooth Keisha. Ack. Insurance and all.

With that, I need iced tea. Lots of tea. So ready for Friday.

:cat: FYI - Cat approved post.

th
th
:rockband:

Good Morning all! Happy Belated Birthday to @agavegirl1!

@keishashadow I feel your dental woes! I am sitting with a temporary right now because my insurance ran out and I can't afford the bridge until it kicks back in.. which is January. Dental insurance sucks, but I guess it's better than nothing.

@PoohIsHome Thanks for the Herbie love! I don't know if the rest will be that good. :D

I've been doing some reflecting lately. I'm 52. I feel so old some days. I can't believe everything I have done in my 52 years, sometimes I am surprised I am still here. Is this the life I dreamed of when I was a kid? Hell no. It's not the life I dream of now. I know to have the life I dream of now, I would have to win the lottery. 52 isn't really old. There's so much I want to do.. in fact, in 52 days I'll be doing one of those things.... having my first stay at Universal Orlando, where this 52 year old is going to be one big kid again!!!

52f.png

Last edited:
Morning all:) finding my days start earlier now that the mr has finagled getting around my iron-clad rule, no pets in the BR. Had the same one with kids, why should dogs be different, mama gotta have her me-time lol

Finally, some holiday show times were released on the U app late last night! I like how you don't really have to plan ahead of time when it's an all Universal vacation but when you are trying to coordinate visiting the 3 major parks in the area to catch all the holiday highlights, it sure can play havoc with last minute scheduling.

Dentist woes are the worse

But it's getting you many days from cooking

You always look on the bright side :). I'll be cooking, just starting thanksgiving prep. I like to make my own crouton mix for stuffing. Prefer large cubes, various combos of breads for taste/texture.

Happy birthday to @agavegirl1 !!

yep what we did for dinner. I really shouldn't be on computer but trying to get oomph back. This week has been busy and it's only Wednesday. Every night it has been swim, or meetings or something. Have to be in super early to work to get off in time to get kids. Tomorrow is banquet for sponsors of Wingapalooza (of which our company was one), plus DH is current president of the club that puts on Winga, son has his "5 note" concert tomorrow (he practiced for me tonight), plus middle has swim tomorrow and they all over lap in time. Managed to get suit cases out, and magic bands put aside so we don't forget those, got turkey dinner ordered (doing it on Tuesday as DD managed to get sunday, monday and tuesday off!), load of wash in dryer right now, started download of photos off memory maker for niece (who flew in for 3 day whirlwind stay with her dh and dtr), materials printed out for continuing education thing I signed up for tomorrow morning. I really need a big glass of wine but 1- I'm out of wine 2- I can't sleep yet.

Chuckers-love 53 Herbie!!

Lost my train of thought time to go...
Hope all those with health challenges (including teeth-ugh) are well soon!

Have you penciled in sleep? yikes, No wine? Admit my lowbrow taste prefers beer, i keep an emergency bottle in fridge. Of the break glass type & use. It's been there for over a year but I sleep at night knowing it is :P

@Chuckers Herbie is the best one you've done!! Keep 'em coming!

It's coming down to the wire! :flower1: Taking the 4Runner to be detailed and still have a few bits and bobs to pick up. Made Corey try on his swim trunks and between our trip to Ocean City over the summer and now.....well, let's just say that a 16yr old boy in hoochie momma hot pants at the HRH pool...I don't want to be reading about him in a TR! :lmao:Yeah, I'll be buying swim trunks today.

@keishashadow Dentist/teeth woes are the worst! But insurance woes just really bite! See what I did there?

@Monykalyn I forget.....are you just doing Disney on this trip?

Have a great Thursday homies, it's gonna be a busy one!

Probably very un PC to be :joker:over the hot pants but I've seen some dudes who appear to be from the Southern Hemisphere in some brief, briefs at the pool. Hard not to notice when they stroll past. Thank God not banana hammocks.

Was surprised this summer to see many women rocking like bikini bottoms at the waterparks. Times change, even WDW has loosened up.

Good Morning all! Happy Belated Birthday to @agavegirl1!

@keishashadow I feel your dental woes! I am sitting with a temporary right now because my insurance ran out and I can't afford the bridge until it kicks back in.. which is January. Dental insurance sucks, but I guess it's better than nothing.

@PoohIsHome Thanks for the Herbie love! I don't know if the rest will be that good. :D
What is driving me nuts is i haven't approached my max on insurance this year, they are just dragging their feet agreeing to pay out.

HSA management company changed mid-year. They now make us submit receipts/full diagnosis/major medical or dental statements for everything except our Rx. Ummm, it's 'our' money we put in there. Providers not exactly happy to kick out the same statements repeatedly but the bean counters won't carry over the information each time.

Something tells me they don't want us to actually use our funds.:rolleyes1

Morning! I'm happy to report...AHS:Cult is OVER...thank heavens! This was by far the worst season of all. I guess I didn't like it since it was very political and I'm not a political person. I wonder what I missed though. I saw so many people on Facebook talking about how amazing, mind blowing and cutting edge it was. I guess I saw a different show? Oh well...I can delete it from my DVR and not lose a minute's sleep over it. ;)

HSA management company changed mid-year. They now make us submit receipts/full diagnosis/major medical or dental statements for everything except our Rx. Ummm, it's 'our' money we put in there. Providers not exactly happy to kick out the same statements repeatedly but the bean counters won't carry over the information each time.

Something tells me they don't want us to actually use our funds.:rolleyes1

I am assuming your HSA is like my FSA - Flexible spending account. We put money in it from every paycheck to be used on health related costs, it's pretax dollars? If we're slated to have $400 in the account be the end of the year, we can use all that money before we actually have paid into the account from our paychecks. We're given a credit card that's loaded with the funds and we can use that for all medical expenses - rx, co-pays, etc. Just not over the counter stuff. We don't have to submit anything if we use the card.

Your HSA management company sucks. :(

Morning! I'm happy to report...AHS:Cult is OVER...thank heavens! This was by far the worst season of all. I guess I didn't like it since it was very political and I'm not a political person. I wonder what I missed though. I saw so many people on Facebook talking about how amazing, mind blowing and cutting edge it was. I guess I saw a different show? Oh well...I can delete it from my DVR and not lose a minute's sleep over it. ;)

I've tried watching AHS.. I just couldn't get into it.. I tried the Hotel season.. I watched 2 or 3 episodes and then just forgot when it was on.

I've tried watching AHS.. I just couldn't get into it.. I tried the Hotel season.. I watched 2 or 3 episodes and then just forgot when it was on.
Hotel was nothing but blood, guts and sex but I loved the sets...that old art deco hotel was fabulous. Roanoke was good but then turned into blood and guts. I think they've lost their vision from seasons 1 & 2. I hope next season will be a good old fashioned ghost story like season 1 was.

Do you know we totally missed it this year!!

Got back home and found it last month as it was in episode 4????? Not quite sure how that happened.......but I guess we didn't miss much.......I don't want my shows to be political, unless its a political show of course........lol........but glad I missed it by all accounts........wont be watching it on catch up.......I miss the early episodes!!!

Keisha......I love early mornings!!!! Never had a pet to disturb me, and Kyle has always been one to be up before the light has woke up........love the sound of your Thanksgiving food!!!!! I`ll bet its truly lush!!!! :D

Pooh........you leave tomorrow!!!!!! woohoooo........:D

Did some shopping for the freezers this morning..........the fishmonger looked at me quite funny when I asked him if he had any whole salmons that looked a bit healthier..........:headache: It was out before I could stop myself saying it......and as soon as I said it......I heard it!!!! He was quite restrained though and didn't tell me it was hard to look healthy when you`re dead!!! He just laughed and said he had another few out the back........he would try and find some healthy looking ones.....and he did bless him.......got 4 whole salmons all portioned into freezer along with a load of beef and pork........should keep us for a while.....

Off to have cuppa while DH snoozes apparently............

Hello all. I finally have a few minutes to sit and post. Not much going on here today. Yesterday I started posting a countdown to my Facebook page. I posted this:
21o8miq.jpgx

And the first thing dh noticed was the wedding planner banner at the top of the picture. He started to question it before he even looked at the rest of the picture. I guess I can count myself lucky that it wasn’t the pregnancy counter banner.

Keisha - Sorry about the tooth. Don’t even get me started on insurance. I deal with insurance at work and have been working on a serious billing issue for over a year now. My personal insurance is okay though. I met my medical out of pocket in February. I think this is the first time this has ever happened.

Monykalyn - I only have the one kid and it seems like we have something almost every night too. She has a dance recital in December so the studio has started calling extra rehearsals.
Every time you mention Wingapalooza I want to go get chicken wings.

Lynne - I love the cat memes.

Metro - I don’t know what AHS is, but I’m with you on the political stuff. I don’t like politics invading my entertainment. I stay far away from politics on places like Facebook and message boards. Life is much happier that way.

Schumi - I’m chuckling at the healthy dead fish. Speaking of salmon, that’s what we are having for supper tonight. I should probably think about starting supper soon.

Safe travels for those who are leaving this week.

Enjoy that salmon Charade.......hope yours is healthy looking too......lol.......

Finally finished trip report..........I think that’s the quickest I have done mine........it’s so much easier with Smugmug than it ever was with Photobucket..........plus I wanted it done before we go again in December.........

So off to bed for us soon.........it’s 10.30 and I’m yawning..........

Having day in tomorrow.........waiting for a wine delivery and planning what Christmas decorations will go where this year........want it all sorted before we go so we can just come home and switch them all on.......my nephew and his girlfriend are staying here while we’re away as he is down here on business and will save them checking in to a hotel........

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday...........

I am assuming your HSA is like my FSA - Flexible spending account. We put money in it from every paycheck to be used on health related costs, it's pretax dollars? If we're slated to have $400 in the account be the end of the year, we can use all that money before we actually have paid into the account from our paychecks. We're given a credit card that's loaded with the funds and we can use that for all medical expenses - rx, co-pays, etc. Just not over the counter stuff. We don't have to submit anything if we use the card.

Your HSA management company sucks. :(

Yepper it does. Especially when being used as a tool by company to punish workers in retaliation for labor dispute that didn't go their way (locked out employees for over a year via bad faith contract negotiations). Owned in some fashion by the employer I'm told.

It's exactly as you describe. Nice option to have. Big surprise to try to use it in May & told there was no money in our account/on the card. Turned out the company parted ways with Mellon who operated things in the past. They decided not to inform the employees what was afoot. Took them 2-1/2 months to switch things over & issue new debit cards, during which time we couldn't use our old one or submit any new transactions. Our providers were very patient waiting for reimbursement. I hate it when games like this are played. Some things should be untouchable.

Only good thing this is the first year ever we've been able to carry over a whopping $300 thru March.

Do you know we totally missed it this year!!

Got back home and found it last month as it was in episode 4????? Not quite sure how that happened.......but I guess we didn't miss much.......I don't want my shows to be political, unless its a political show of course........lol........but glad I missed it by all accounts........wont be watching it on catch up.......I miss the early episodes!!!

Keisha......I love early mornings!!!! Never had a pet to disturb me, and Kyle has always been one to be up before the light has woke up........love the sound of your Thanksgiving food!!!!! I`ll bet its truly lush!!!! :D

Pooh........you leave tomorrow!!!!!! woohoooo........:D

Did some shopping for the freezers this morning..........the fishmonger looked at me quite funny when I asked him if he had any whole salmons that looked a bit healthier..........:headache: It was out before I could stop myself saying it......and as soon as I said it......I heard it!!!! He was quite restrained though and didn't tell me it was hard to look healthy when you`re dead!!! He just laughed and said he had another few out the back........he would try and find some healthy looking ones.....and he did bless him.......got 4 whole salmons all portioned into freezer along with a load of beef and pork........should keep us for a while.....

Off to have cuppa while DH snoozes apparently............

Something fishy?:duck:naw, a red herring:joker:. That's probably more salmon than I've eaten in my entire life.

Hi all. Thanks for those belated Birthday wishes.

Keisha, my hubby has to wait for January for a crown too. He has a temporary fix. Hate those annual limitations.

Schumi...that is a lot of salmon. Do you have any really good recipes? DH loves the stuff. Me, I know it's good for me but can only take it in small doses...like once a month. Thanks again for the trip report.

Metro, I'm also curious as to what AHS is. I hate when "fun" gets politicized.

Well, it's close to bedtime for me now...might read a bit and call it a night.

Keisha......lol....you always make me laugh!!! You don't eat much salmon???? I do as I`ve heard it`s good for the brain....not sure I believe it though......:rolleyes1

Agavegirl........salmon I tend to do really simply.......roast in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes and it`s done. Sometimes I let it go cold and have with salad. Sometimes I make a lemon butter sauce and have with baby potatoes and broccoli.........my best friend wraps hers in foil and bakes with sweet chilli sauce and grated garlic........she also coats it in tandoori spices and natural yoghurt and bakes

Another way is to flake it once cooked and mix through pasta with any dressing you like.....I think it has too good a taste to coat it in very strong flavours really......

So, wine was delivered around 8.30.......glad we were up and dressed!!! Brought down all the Christmas decorations for main room and see what we are getting rid of to make room for all the new stuff........think this is the earliest we have ever brought the Christmas stuff out as it`s far too early for us........1st week of December usually.......but won`t be putting the tree lights on every night till we come back.

That`s the plan this afternoon..........opened a bottle of wine as is tradition when putting any of the trees up.........:D

Lunch is salmon and pasta salad.......dinner is chicken and sweet potato tagine.......will see how it turns out.......usually use lamb.

Have a great Friday..........:)

Sounds like your day is going lovely Schumi, Oh yes, wine needed when pouring over Christmas decorations. It is so nice to hear Kyle can join your trip next month. I am happy to see all the new stuff the Dark Side will be having this year. Pictures would always be appreciated. Because of school, we're not going until right before Christmas. Mouse first however, as we like to relax at the end of our trip.

th
th

Ah yes, it's Friday. And for some reason, I am like yessss, it's Friday. This week felt long, but then again, I guess that means the short week next week will feel quick. That's at least what I am saying.

th

And that means :dogdance:,

th
to Poohs and MonyK. Keisha too right? Enjoy and safe travels to all. Let the homies set loose on vacation soon. :car:

With that, I need tea. Still somewhat too hot inside, but I'll take it. Ice machine will be working, so iced tea it is. And have to look for something sweet. Yeah, that kind of day.

Hey Keisha,

SubaruDogTested_Paco.jpg

This has been a dogcentric post. Follow on homies and have a good Friday and an awesome weekend. Think of how much fun I will have driving over 2 hours each way to little one's soccer tournament, and watching in a turf field in the rain. :umbrella:

popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter