Something About Nothing ... #12

First full meal I have had since January 7

Ate full breakfast and half of a waffle

I clicked my ruby reds together 3 times and here I am at home now

Yay......finally food.........and home quick too!

Hope mr mac is doing ok too........never a fun experience........

Our snow has gone and wind is dying down.......no real damage over here thankfully........Sea was extremely rough for a few days there.......

Lemonade in our glasses tonight.......still doing Dry January..........why, I’m not sure ......but will keep going now.....

Not much on tv tonight.........

Schumi, bet you are glad you don’t do uo in January....

Dry January is best celebrated in the U.K.

Doubt I’ll ever go in January looking at the weather!

Dry January is sold as good for your body and soul.......lol........not sure about the soul part, but don’t miss it particularly.........this weekend coming was supposed to be a weekend away with one of our wine groups, but we said we weren’t going as it would be too tempting.......will stay home with strawberry lemonades :o

Almost time for bed here........

Never heard of dry January.

Nothing good on the television.

Older one’s friend works at a soft pretzel place. Ah, carbs are ya. Warm and salty. Sigh. Now too full.

Really wanted something sweet, but had not had a pretzel in awhile.

Cold and clear, so starry sky, but wind makes you even colder. Time for some tea.

Long day. Finally home. At least it was warmer and snow completely off most roads. Still good cover on yards-but that will change tomorrow.
Opened little door to run so chickens could go out. Apparently they were NOT happy about that as the straw was kicked over door opening (and over their food and water in their efforts to pile the straw up.) Should have taken a picture-but it was dark when I got home to check on them.

Carbs/pretzels are good Lynne. Love mall Aunt Anne's pretzels! Cute kitty memes hehe.

Hope Mr Mac enjoyed his Waffle house-Sounds like maybe you got your appetite back too Mac. Used to go to the Waffle House right by Disney all the time after shift. Smothered, covered, scattered and I don't know what else hash browns!!

It is Thirsty Thursday but as there is only a 1/2 glass of wine left guess it will have to do. Don't want to open a new bottle right now. My problem is I will pour a glass of wine when I get home and cook dinner, set it down somewhere and forget about it until bedtime. I figure I don't need dry january as only half of what I pour usually ends up in me LOL! I did make some Cosmos over the weekend - those were yummy!

Glad tomorrow is Friday!

18 degrees...in BAYTOWN, TEXAS! MESSED UP! It's getting better though. We'll probably have the AC back on by Saturday. :chat:

18 degrees...in BAYTOWN, TEXAS! MESSED UP! It's getting better though. We'll probably have the AC back on by Saturday. :chat:

Positive thinking homie
That’s our Buckeev

If I had one wish, it would be that everyone stay safe during the extreme weather issues that have struck and hope the new storms that are to come, just disappear

Lynne, Dry January is a big thing in the UK.......it`s a bit like National no smoking day, but giving up all alcohol for the whole month of January. Supposed to be after all the indulgences of Christmas it`ll be good for you.........:rolleyes1 Whether you drink a little or a lot, it`s just a bit of fun.........It`s been going a good few years now. It`s easy really......I think if anyone struggles to give up booze for a month they maybe need to consider giving it up permanently.......

Happy Friday..........decorators last day today......took them slightly longer than planned.....but will get those rooms back to normal tonight.....till next Thursday when flooring goes down in both rooms.

Not much else going on today........this is such a quiet month.......

Have a great Friday..........

Last edited:
I always assumed dry January was known throughout Europe and America... As a fell Brit i'm also doing a dry January. No alcohol of any type, can't say i've missed it but like Schumi I've not been out to any party's or mass gatherings so temptation has been minimal.

Its Friday yey. Nearly the weekend.

I always assumed dry January was known throughout Europe and America... As a fell Brit i'm also doing a dry January. No alcohol of any type, can't say i've missed it but like Schumi I've not been out to any party's or mass gatherings so temptation has been minimal.

Its Friday yey. Nearly the weekend.

That`s the thing Rachel......really haven`t missed it at all.........

Although as I said, one of our wine groups are going away and we decided not to go......just in case. Although the fact they`ve chosen to stay somewhere we don't want to stay at has nothing to do with it at all..........:rolleyes1

Meeting some friends tonight for and hour or so at our local for a quick dinner, but won`t be tempted........yes, I thought it was more well known.......everyone seems to be talking about it......I had one friend give up last weekend.......she said well, it was only Pink Gin........lol.........yeah, that doesn't count.......:rotfl:

was the excuse... well its pink... so doesn't count. haha

I think its becoming a little easier now because a lot of places will do you a 'virgin' cocktail and if you're sneaky like me you can order it on the sly and pretend its got rum in.

I always found it strange how we take the mick when people don't drink (without a good reason, having to drive is a good reason). Not that i'm above it, I do it too. However when i'm on the receiving end of it, it flies over my head.

Literally counting down the minutes till i finish at work now.

giphy.gif

I am awake way too early today. I made it in to work okay yesterday. Once I got out of my neighborhood the roads weren’ t too bad. I even managed to do a little shopping after I got off. School is closed again today. The roads seem fine where I live, but part of our county is very rural and extends into the mountain areas. If the roads are bad there we all stay home. I need to figure out something for me and B to do today outside of the house. She is going stir crazy. She was so bored yesterday she cleaned out her closet and bagged up a bunch of stuff to be donated to charity.

Lynne - Our county has some “snow day” time built into the schedule, but I’m not sue how many days it covers. his is the 5th day this month they have been out. At some point they will have to start making it up. Love the kitty pics.

Monykalyn - Mouse mail, I’m envious. I really want to go back to Disney, but we are waiting until they finish Star Wars.

Schumi - The water rides in December were great, until I realized that although it was hot outside the water was still really cold. Don’t think I will make that mistake again. You should try Waffle House if you ever get the chance. One cool thing is they are open 24/7/365. We have eaten meals there on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.

Chuckers - Hope you are feeling okay.

Macraven - My sympathaties to Mr. Mac. My mom is a colon cancer survivor, so I got to start having that procedure long before the recommended age. I love Waffle House. The one near me is very nice. I don’t often get waffles, but I always get the hash browns - scattered and smothered.

I am still the only one awake. Maybe I’ll try to go back to sleep for a little while.
I was going to post this yesterday, but couldn’t find the picture.

oghx1f.jpg

If there is a dry month here, I guess since I rarely do, not as familiar with it.

Ah yes, it is Friday.

800F4012-FFA3-4023-A249-087033E894A0.jpeg

Lazy day, older one will be home around lunch, so maybe we will eat out together. Had some errands to do, so that seemed the thing to do today.

BagO, hoping your day has gone fast, and you are ready to head home soon, if not already.

Afternoon Schumi. Rooms new decor sounds lovely. Glad to hear no more paint smell. And, warm house now.

Eh, 16 out, but with the mostly sunny day, afternoon will wee almost 40 temperatures. Then a warmer weekend.

School as normal for us Charade. Yep. Little one cleared several bags out of her closet too. Seems, grew more than I thought in the last year. We have snow days built in as well, but yes, as at a point, they do add days at the end of school. So far, I do not think they have used up their snow day limit yet. It stinks B still does not have school.

So, enjoy your Friday homies! It is Friday,

Wahooo!

Last edited:
Friday, all day woohoo

I'm sorer than expected based upon previous go-rounds, but alive. The idea of no bath or shower until Sunday is somewhat disturbing. Thank God for dry shampoo & the warming temps we'll get this weekend for a respite from the single digits.

Two-edged sword though. We have a five mile ice jam on the river. Basically translates to impending doom. River is up over 10 feet, glad i live a mile up on the ridge but feel for those who are holding their breath yet again. Minor flooding last week where they evacuated the traditional low lying areas.

Oh I agree Keisha, the referees can make or loose a game. I am not a huge Eagles fan. I bleed more black and orange. Not a peep from those Fly boys. Oh well, someday for them. But hey, from the same state. And a hehe, little one was wearing a Penguin shirt the other day. The clerk didn't want to serve her. Both my kids have Pitt teams jerseys and shirts. We are a sports family, not just fans of the home town ones. Hope your minor surgery goes quick and painless.

Eek, working tonight Chuckers. It will be a long day for ya.

Is it lunch time yet?

My kids all have alternate teams in various sports, wear their jerseys all the time, sometimes when we are playing them. Always said they are risking getting their butts kicked but none have ever reported an issue. Could be because they or others in their party are built like offensive linemen

Trey and I are enjoying our snow day doing a Jurassic Park marathon in honor of the 25th anniversary...I still like the first one best and why can't I see the T Rex without thinking of plunging down a big hill and getting soaked? :laughing:

Lol, it's a sickness we share. Looking forward to new movie?

I was totally NOT expecting the soaking I got on that ride last week. I chose the middle seat, second row because it was totally dry. (The boat had come back empty so that may have been the reason). When we went down, the 4 people in the front row ducked and I was soaked. It took me over 3 hours to dry because there was no sun that day.
At Universal Hollywood, they have the ability to change the level of soaking and they show you on a 'soak scale' at the entrance to the ride. I thought UO would be able to do that and tone it down because it was horrible weather.... apparently they can't.

Interesting, never heard that. Leave it to la-la land.

The level of soaking varies, sometimes we barely get wet and others we are totally drenched. It might have something to do with the weight of the boat and passengers or where you sit or like your experience with people ducking...who knows? It's fun whatever happens :sunny:

The mr is full of it, advice too :). One his best nuggets was to slide my butt forward on all water rides to point where you almost slip off the front. All the seats are sloped & have drainage holes so the water tends to quickly pool/drain there. Process better without a 'plug' :)

Chuckers I really do like the JP river ride but sometimes I take a pass on it when I see a lot of peeps come off it drenched

I don’t care is my hair gets dripping wet
I can’t handle walking around the parks with wet underwear/socks

I can't help but use the magic word again: commando :duck:The other is wicking, as in material. All my unmentionables are made of it, along with most of my park clothing. Top it off with keen sandals & I'm bullet proof.

@macraven Yeah.. wet underwear sucks... but I wear Sketchers GoWalks and they are meant to be worn sockless. They dry pretty fast too... I walked in them all 7 days and not one blister. They're amazing.

Like my croc sandals well enough but gave up on clogs years ago other than house slippers...they are blister magnets. Never one or aching feet with my beloved Keens. Lol. They have lighter weight ones that can be used easily in waterparks/snorkling but still have great support.

Oh my our downstairs is freezing...except the kitchen with the aga on.........

Most of the windows are open as painters have glossed everywhere.........wow, strong smell! I’m moving into the kitchen for the next few hours........and closing the doors.......

It is so cold outside..........winds still quite strong though but snow is gone........I need heat!

Home made beef burgers and potato wedges for dinner tonight.........DS is having mac n cheese.....definitely eating in the kitchen tonight as dining room is one of the rooms reeking of paint.........

Few hours to go yet till dinner........feeling peckish today! I blame the cold........:P

On a positive note, you'll have that healthy fresh air in the house. Wonder if they are using oil based paint with all the smell. Most latex ones have little stink factor.

Try cutting a few onions in half, don't peel. Put on a plate & leave cut side up. It tends to help somewhat.

Mr Mac had his colonoscopy scheduled for this day
We got to the hospital at 8:15 and you know how that goes

Paper work then sit in this room, go to that room for changing and have IV put in

Finally they haul him away for the procedure

Glad they have WiFi here that works
Keeps me awake
Without morning coffee I am slow moving

Hope he is released soon as I want to go to Waffle House

He will be ready to eat since yesterday was only liquids

This has got to have been one of my busiest weeks in years

Week's almost over, designate next one as a personal holiday!

Was he a good patient? The mr was on a restricted diet for a few days still after his recent procedure. Wasn't exactly thrilled, was jonesing for red meat which was off the table for over a week. I'd feel the same me thinks.:scratchin

Oh-so not a waffle/pancake house type. Do like a good diner. For some reason the coffee seems crazy hot & blessedly strong in those joints! Not fancy, just good. Last thing i ever have a hankering for :confused3unless it's my own Belgium waffles. I go for the meat/eggs/taters when indulging.

Hooray, Keisha is back!

Weather suxs where you are
But with your slicing and dicing episode, you’re probably staying at home to recover
Heal quickly friend!

Hope the thaw for your area comes before you need to do a grocery run

Living on a ridge when the road is ice, means more tv time

Oh i do Waffle House for the eggs and potatoes and coffee

Once in a blue moon I share a waffle with another

I make waffles a lot more than I buy them. Eggs, bacon and potatoes are usually my out to breakfast meal. Like grits as well.

Glad to hear you are doing well, and resting at home Keisha. I cannot wait until the game. Seems nothing much in the news, so news is more than half about the game and those going to cheer. Um, still 2 days away. Find other news. Yep, two of our rivers have ice jams. Roads closed due to flooding and towns getting ready for the rising waters. Not on a ridge, and not in a flood zone or near enough for water to pool. Warmer temps and rain will help with the jams.

And they said the clouds would lessen. Sun? Apparently not yet. Warmer jacket still has to be worn.

Errands run, and out with the trash. Going to ask both kids for more. I know they can purge some more before we replace the furniture. All will be donated or added to the trash. I would suggest paint, but neither kid is interested. Thankfully. And even nicer, Dsis has a desk we can use in little one’s room. Perfect. Just have to clean it up, and haul it here. Good thing my DH is a truck fan.

D4B8ED02-8F36-4EA9-B1CF-AE42A122ED77.jpeg

Yay, we are out of the house. We decided to drive to Roanoke to do some shopping. Right now we are waiting for our Burgers at Red Robin. We don’t have one in our town.

was the excuse... well its pink... so doesn't count. haha

I think its becoming a little easier now because a lot of places will do you a 'virgin' cocktail and if you're sneaky like me you can order it on the sly and pretend its got rum in.

I always found it strange how we take the mick when people don't drink (without a good reason, having to drive is a good reason). Not that i'm above it, I do it too. However when i'm on the receiving end of it, it flies over my head.

Literally counting down the minutes till i finish at work now.

giphy.gif

Hope you made it home safe Rachel......think most of the high winds and snow seem to have gone in most areas now........

Yes, had some Virgin Daiquiris with dinner tonight in the local pub........they were lovely........yes, the barmaid who knows us well, thought it was worth a few jokes........lol.......

I am awake way too early today. I made it in to work okay yesterday. Once I got out of my neighborhood the roads weren’ t too bad. I even managed to do a little shopping after I got off. School is closed again today. The roads seem fine where I live, but part of our county is very rural and extends into the mountain areas. If the roads are bad there we all stay home. I need to figure out something for me and B to do today outside of the house. She is going stir crazy. She was so bored yesterday she cleaned out her closet and bagged up a bunch of stuff to be donated to charity.

Lynne - Our county has some “snow day” time built into the schedule, but I’m not sue how many days it covers. his is the 5th day this month they have been out. At some point they will have to start making it up. Love the kitty pics.

Monykalyn - Mouse mail, I’m envious. I really want to go back to Disney, but we are waiting until they finish Star Wars.

Schumi - The water rides in December were great, until I realized that although it was hot outside the water was still really cold. Don’t think I will make that mistake again. You should try Waffle House if you ever get the chance. One cool thing is they are open 24/7/365. We have eaten meals there on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.

Chuckers - Hope you are feeling okay.

Macraven - My sympathaties to Mr. Mac. My mom is a colon cancer survivor, so I got to start having that procedure long before the recommended age. I love Waffle House. The one near me is very nice. I don’t often get waffles, but I always get the hash browns - scattered and smothered.

I am still the only one awake. Maybe I’ll try to go back to sleep for a little while.
I was going to post this yesterday, but couldn’t find the picture.

oghx1f.jpg

Glad your roads are better........yep, you don’t want to be going out if you don’t have to.........

If there is a dry month here, I guess since I rarely do, not as familiar with it.

Ah yes, it is Friday.

View attachment 296412

Lazy day, older one will be home around lunch, so maybe we will eat out together. Had some errands to do, so that seemed the thing to do today.

BagO, hoping your day has gone fast, and you are ready to head home soon, if not already.

Afternoon Schumi. Rooms new decor sounds lovely. Glad to hear no more paint smell. And, warm house now.

Eh, 16 out, but with the mostly sunny day, afternoon will wee almost 40 temperatures. Then a warmer weekend.

School as normal for us Charade. Yep. Little one cleared several bags out of her closet too. Seems, grew more than I thought in the last year. We have snow days built in as well, but yes, as at a point, they do add days at the end of school. So far, I do not think they have used up their snow day limit yet. It stinks B still does not have school.

So, enjoy your Friday homies! It is Friday,

Wahooo!

Thanks Lynne........yep, house smells lovely now.......love when rooms are freshly decorated........now little cosy room at the back of the house looks dated........lol........spending the last few days in it has made me see that.....DH disagrees though......wonder why......lol.......

Hope your weather is warmer Lynne.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!