Something About Nothing ... #12

Friday, all day woohoo

I'm sorer than expected based upon previous go-rounds, but alive. The idea of no bath or shower until Sunday is somewhat disturbing. Thank God for dry shampoo & the warming temps we'll get this weekend for a respite from the single digits.

Two-edged sword though. We have a five mile ice jam on the river. Basically translates to impending doom. River is up over 10 feet, glad i live a mile up on the ridge but feel for those who are holding their breath yet again. Minor flooding last week where they evacuated the traditional low lying areas.

My kids all have alternate teams in various sports, wear their jerseys all the time, sometimes when we are playing them. Always said they are risking getting their butts kicked but none have ever reported an issue. Could be because they or others in their party are built like offensive linemen

Lol, it's a sickness we share. Looking forward to new movie?

Interesting, never heard that. Leave it to la-la land.

The mr is full of it, advice too :). One his best nuggets was to slide my butt forward on all water rides to point where you almost slip off the front. All the seats are sloped & have drainage holes so the water tends to quickly pool/drain there. Process better without a 'plug' :)

I can't help but use the magic word again: commando :duck:The other is wicking, as in material. All my unmentionables are made of it, along with most of my park clothing. Top it off with keen sandals & I'm bullet proof.

Like my croc sandals well enough but gave up on clogs years ago other than house slippers...they are blister magnets. Never one or aching feet with my beloved Keens. Lol. They have lighter weight ones that can be used easily in waterparks/snorkling but still have great support.

On a positive note, you'll have that healthy fresh air in the house. Wonder if they are using oil based paint with all the smell. Most latex ones have little stink factor.

Try cutting a few onions in half, don't peel. Put on a plate & leave cut side up. It tends to help somewhat.

Week's almost over, designate next one as a personal holiday!

Was he a good patient? The mr was on a restricted diet for a few days still after his recent procedure. Wasn't exactly thrilled, was jonesing for red meat which was off the table for over a week. I'd feel the same me thinks.:scratchin

Oh-so not a waffle/pancake house type. Do like a good diner. For some reason the coffee seems crazy hot & blessedly strong in those joints! Not fancy, just good. Last thing i ever have a hankering for :confused3unless it's my own Belgium waffles. I go for the meat/eggs/taters when indulging.

Glad you’re doing ok Keisha........pain pills and rest!

We love a diner too........not too many authentic ones over here though..........

Hooray, Keisha is back!

Weather suxs where you are
But with your slicing and dicing episode, you’re probably staying at home to recover
Heal quickly friend!

Hope the thaw for your area comes before you need to do a grocery run

Living on a ridge when the road is ice, means more tv time

Oh i do Waffle House for the eggs and potatoes and coffee

Once in a blue moon I share a waffle with another

I don’t really like waffles.......can’t really eat eggs and don’t eat potatoes at breakfast.......lol........maybe Waffle House isn’t for me after all........

Love pancakes and bacon though.......and more bacon......and like Janet.....steak!! I could learn to eat steak for breakfast........

Just back in from dinner with friends who are visiting from London......they’re just back from Orlando ( mac they’re the ones that go for 6 weeks over Christmas I told you about) we all had the same meal, steak and real fat chips......lovely!

Crime brûlée for dessert for me.......lush!!! And two Virgin daiquiris for me and Tom just had Diet Coke.........our friends however shared a bottle of one of my favourite wines.......and teased me all the way through dinner......lol......didn’t have any though.......

Movie night..........not sure which one yet..........

Quiet on here tonight.........hope everyone’s having fun somewhere.........

Decided to have an early night and watch a movie on Prime or Netflix in the bedroom........

Still cold, but not too bad here now.......must be a very tropical 34f now.......wind has dropped dramatically.......

Tomorrow we start getting that part of the house back to normal.........until next week! Place is so dusty......

Have a great Friday evening.........off to bed.........:faint:

Hi Kids!

Took today off from work and slept most of the day.. now I have to go out and kill something for dinner.

I don't think I'll do Orlando in January again. I'll stick with May or September/early October.

Wow Keisha! That is a picture!
Off today, got my hair done (bah bye grey). Errands run, middle off to swim.
Was nice to be able to do errands without cold hurting my face, in fact saw quite a few peeps like me out in just a sweater (no coat) in our balmy 55 degree weather. Will enjoy it while we can-news said possible snow/sleet monday night again ugh!

Chickens will be glad to get out of coop. I offered today-opened big door-but nope-stood on door frame and decided to not go out. Cuddle chicken did attempt to eat my wellies-flower pattern.

quiet night-middle has swim meet tomorrow out of town but doesn't need to be at school for transport until 9:30.

I read something in our paper today about chickens

The town is wanting to allow residents
to have chickens in their yard as pets

Present ordinance is homeowners need to have 3 acres of land before they can
own chickens and have
a housed structure for them

It is proposed, any resident can raise chickens with a small lot as long as they have a shelter

And .... they are not allowed to use them for food since they are pets

Yep, well over 5 miles of an ice dam in the Allegheny. It just keeps building. Raising right up out of river in uneven thick chunks. All jammed up in that much narrower, sharp bend in the river

Has already swollowed up one of the lock/dams upriver that controls the flow downriver I live between the next two of them. Reported they are struggling to function. Only one more after that to hold the flow before downtown PIT is swamped

Eek Keisha. Looks like our Delaware River.

Soccer outdoors this weekend. Hope she knows where her under armour shirt is. Will not wear pants though. Me, pants and heavy jacket. Gloves maybe too. Oh and maybe headband and not hat. Depends on the wind. And ugh, one game at night.

Quiet night for us.

2ED4C5F2-0CD2-420B-8003-EA4C68D0FC29.jpeg

It is not that late, but I am tired.

No sleeping late either, why oh why an early game. Eh, I will be up way before her anyway.

Night homies.

Keisha good thing you live
On the top of a ridge

You’ll never have a flood

Lynne, work week over but your weekend will be busy with soccer
Hope your weather stays good

Janet....that's a river????? Wow.......that's scary.......yep, I`d run away too.......

Note to self........Don't watch Halloween H20 just before you go to sleep.......didn't plan to watch it.....but DH turned it on to see my reaction to the music.......I didn't fail.......Jumped out my skin :rotfl:......then just kinda kept watching it.......why!!!! I was like a rucksack on DH all night.......and didn't sleep great at all.......every little sound made my eye pop open.......and our house is an old one so lots of creaks anyway.......

Was out for some shopping this morning......and saw new lamps for my sitting room....didn't plan to get them but they were perfect......now the rest of the day definitely involves staying home......too cold to go out.

Lazy day ahead as all housework is done........Kyle having pizza for dinner, we`re having spicy Chinese style sticky chicken......with extra spice as DS isn't having any..........

Have a great Saturday everyone........:wave2:

Morning homies! Afternoon homies.

Sky is mostly blue, sun is making it bright. A balmy 39, and it is half time. Well, at least no more games today.

Cofffee for me. Found buying tea in our coffee shops is not that good. Hey, I am a tea snob. Cofffee, as long as it is not that bitter, and lots of cream and sugar is available, I am good. Not really a coffee snob.

Starting, later homies!

It’s 40 here right now but climbing into the 50’s soon

Since I’m used to weather here, 50 seems cold

But I will take any day that starts out with a 40 and not 4 F like I did in Chicago last week

In bed with my cats but need to get up to make coffee

My day will start once I get :coffee:

Morning Lynne and Schumi :wave2:. The rest of the crew must still be sleeping :cat:

Happy to see you back again BagOLaughs and to see you have another trip planned to Universal.

Keisha, WOW that is something to see the frozen river. Good to hear you live on high ground for sure. Get well soon from your procedure :hug:. Lots of rest and good food.

Got up early this morning to go to the farmers market. Picked up some honeybell oranges, strawberries and pastries. I'am having a brunch tomorrow for my neighbors birthday. Still need to go to the local orchard later to get some fresh squeezed honeybell juice. Supposed to be 70 here today and the sun is peeking out a little. When we were out to lunch the other day my friend told me a few times how much she likes chocolates so I'am taking that as a hint she might want some for her birthday. There is a family owned Chocolate shop in Ft. Pierce that has really good chocolates so might make a trip up there to get her some.

Mac hope you are doing better :hug:

Just going to sprinkle Mummy dust on all our Sans family to cover all who are ailing and those who just need a little sparkle in their lives this morning.

Hey Lynne, Mac and Robo..........:wave2:

Brunch tomorrow sounds lovely robo........haven't heard of honeybell anything......but, I`m sure its nice!! Your neighbour will be thrilled I`m sure, and sounds decently warm for you...

DH is planning to watch the premier on the movie channel tonight......its the latest PoTC movie......I`m pretty sure we watched it already on the Kodi box we had.........as soon as it starts he`ll remember.........but, no plans to go out tonight...too cold.

Non alcoholic strawberry daiquiris for us tonight........:angel:

It's almost freezing here, yes I'm dancin lol. Tomorrow even warmer. Not good for the ice jam. Everyone holding their breath.

Since it hasn't budged will be plugging around the river area looking at a home on Jr's horizon. A seller's market here in his price range. Things are going under contract in just a few days. Good thing he has lots of time to find something.

Worst case he buys me lunch:).

Eek Keisha. Looks like our Delaware River.

Soccer outdoors this weekend. Hope she knows where her under armour shirt is. Will not wear pants though. Me, pants and heavy jacket. Gloves maybe too. Oh and maybe headband and not hat. Depends on the wind. And ugh, one game at night.

Quiet night for us.

View attachment 296623

It is not that late, but I am tired.

No sleeping late either, why oh why an early game. Eh, I will be up way before her anyway.

Night homies.

Oh fine, Now i want a kitten

Outdoor soccer this time of year! Yikes. Wind chill alone has to be huge issue

I finally bought myself the winter version shirt of the underarmour All i can say is ahhhhh! Big difference from others i have.

Janet....that's a river????? Wow.......that's scary.......yep, I`d run away too.......

Note to self........Don't watch Halloween H20 just before you go to sleep.......didn't plan to watch it.....but DH turned it on to see my reaction to the music.......I didn't fail.......Jumped out my skin :rotfl:......then just kinda kept watching it.......why!!!! I was like a rucksack on DH all night.......and didn't sleep great at all.......every little sound made my eye pop open.......and our house is an old one so lots of creaks anyway.......

Was out for some shopping this morning......and saw new lamps for my sitting room....didn't plan to get them but they were perfect......now the rest of the day definitely involves staying home......too cold to go out.

Lazy day ahead as all housework is done........Kyle having pizza for dinner, we`re having spicy Chinese style sticky chicken......with extra spice as DS isn't having any..........

Have a great Saturday everyone........:wave2:

Never heard of that chicken, sounds amazing

When a pair of lamps call to you, one has to answer. Rub them, maybe a genie will pop out hehe

Morning Lynne and Schumi :wave2:. The rest of the crew must still be sleeping :cat:

Happy to see you back again BagOLaughs and to see you have another trip planned to Universal.

Keisha, WOW that is something to see the frozen river. Good to hear you live on high ground for sure. Get well soon from your procedure :hug:. Lots of rest and good food.

Got up early this morning to go to the farmers market. Picked up some honeybell oranges, strawberries and pastries. I'am having a brunch tomorrow for my neighbors birthday. Still need to go to the local orchard later to get some fresh squeezed honeybell juice. Supposed to be 70 here today and the sun is peeking out a little. When we were out to lunch the other day my friend told me a few times how much she likes chocolates so I'am taking that as a hint she might want some for her birthday. There is a family owned Chocolate shop in Ft. Pierce that has really good chocolates so might make a trip up there to get her some.

Mac hope you are doing better :hug:

Just going to sprinkle Mummy dust on all our Sans family to cover all who are ailing and those who just need a little sparkle in their lives this morning.

Thank you for your kind words. I miss our veggie garden & the farmers markets greatly in the winter. Produce looked awful this week in the grocery. Hothouse tomatos are disgusting.

Morning Mac :wave2:. Get your Minion fart blaster and pull the trigger the cats will move :hyper:

Yes, you always do have the perfect sentiment lolololol

It’s about noon and I’m still drinking coffee

Gave the cats a few small ice cubes to chase on the kitchen floor

I wear shoes in the house so I won’t have wet socks in this room when their ice melts

Beautiful afternoon. 50 and little one is in shorts as well as older one. Neither have a jacket as well. Me, jacket and pants.

Have fun house hunting Keisha.

Robo, brunch sounds tasty and lush. Fruity too.

Mac, tell the cats to put the ice cubes in the plants. We have melting ice cubes that I step on, and I cannot blame the cats. Well, maybe yours. LOL

Schumi, I think I have seen all the pirate movies, last couple were not my favorite. They are old enough they play on the odd channels once in awhile. Hope your dinner was lush, and enjoy your evening.

Time for food, and both want coffee. On a road trip to pick up the desk. Lots of traffic.

Little one is sporting her black and orange jersey. Fly boys are playing today.

Enjoy this pretty Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter