Something About Nothing ... #12

Ooh, TinyD is not feeling well. I hope your belly is better, and yes, wedding dress or what?

Oooh, Tink has a day off. Yay!

Buckeev, is back, and has pictures! Wahoo for the pictures and hope it means you'll be back in fun mode soon.

Mac, hey, how you feeling? Hope your walking with no pain.

House, ooh, you're over the pond, right? Either that or you're part of the night owl crew.

ooh, Charade, does have work today. Sorry to hear some lost their houses and were hurt.

Ah, yes, 31 to start this morning. Yes, weather person, winter coat needed, but the rain and high wind is outta here. Total: 3 inches of rain, with half of that falling between 6 and 7 am. Yep, by dinner time, disabled water filled cars, mud and debris on the road. While this morning is cool, it's not sunny yet. Still a gray sky, but some lovely bright gold on the horizon. Hey Mr. Sun, I have my sunglasses ready.

So,
images
and a minion funny:
images
. ::yes::

But do not forget:

upload_2018-4-17_6-47-33.jpeg Therefore, Mac can head to Taco Bell, and all enjoy a taco or two.

Mighty good time to have tea.

Totally good Tuesday to all the homies.

:music:

Morning all. Dog turning into cat, poking at me @ 6 am to get up and feed him. Appears to be my new norm when the mr is on 4-12 or midnight shift. Least i get a break 2 weeks out of the month there when he’s on daylight.

Lynne - would we be talking the late mayor caliguri or Conner? Both so highly accessible, surprising really. Don’t think that would work in bigger city. PIT is really safe in that regard. For better or worse our metro PD has an ahem rep for not suffering fools lightly.

Our power is back so I guess I have to go to work tomorrow. Some of the closed roads have been reopened.
I was really bored with my unexpected day off today, so I decided to make myself useful. I went to Walmart and bought some cat food and supplies and dropped them off at the Humane Society. They are collecting donations for pet owners who have lost stuff in the tornado.

Macraven - I want one of those wands too. I’ll have to wave it several times though.

Schumi - Hope you got your pizza. We had it for supper tonight.

Ckmiles - We have a small kitchen, but I know it will still be expensive to renovate. We have several renovations we want to do to the house. First on the list is have our deck repaired. Hopefully we will get that done before summer is over. Hope you are feeling better soon. I had my ginger ale and crackers meal last week.

Houseofthrees - It is interesting to see how different schools do prom. At B’s school prom is for juniors and seniors. Freshmen and sophomores can attend if invited by a junior or senior. Students are allowed to invite people who don’t attend the school, but they can be no younger than freshman year and no older than 20. I think my high school had similar rules.

Keisha - I love the high tops. I think one of B’s friends wore some with her prom dress. One of my friends wore sneakers with her wedding gown. I bought B some of those JoJo bows to wear with her clown costume when she was in Barnum.

Lynne - Pasta sounds good. We eat way too much of it here.

Almost time to get B from musical theater class.

I’d have been sweating over power loss with food in freezer! No power surge issues when it went off I hope. We lost a ton of stuff once, thankful insurance covered it. Had surge protectors on everything but don’t have a whole house one in installed

Lynne, I'm going to need a few waves of that wand too please pixiedust: especially after dinner tonight...Trey grilled burgers and I made fries ...food coma here :faint:

CK...hope you and all our ailing homies are better soon.

Janet...what a cutie your little gd is...she's growing up so fast. Hope your leg heals quickly...my cat bite which I was afraid would leave a bad scar has totally healed without leaving a mark.

Charade, glad you made it through the storms ok...sounds scary. Glad your power is back on.

I hear a glass of wine calling my name...after working 6 days in a row I get rewarded with the next 3 days off:cool1:

Have a great night everyone :goodvibes

Thanks, always seemed as tho any cat scratches or bites way worse than other pets. My mom had one go terribly funky, ER doctors said not uncommon for them to go south quickly as they tend to carry more germs/teeth puncture deeper

So I got food poisoning, realized I made a horrible mistake and ordered the wrong dress (I was deciding between two....... and I picked the wrong one.), wind has been chewing away at our beach for three days, and I discovered black mold from water damage in a house. IT'S BEEN A WEEK!
Whew!!!!
Also, wind is over 30MPH sustained right now and people are calling to tell me their pools have debris in them. Ya think? (This is my food poisoned non customer service voice talking.) Of course my answer to them was to explain that the pool boy would be out to service first thing once the wind dies.

Hope no one blew away or froze in this weather!

Hmmm, PUI & SUI (posting & shopping under the influence are common enough...not that i’d Know anything about that:rolleyes1) but can’t say i’ve Ever heard of one shopping online when struck down low with food poisoning! Need to work on a acronym for that lol. JK hope all better & the dress is returnable.

Kiesha, not sure the mayor's name. That was ahem, a long time ago. Took graduate classes there while in college up the road. Little one is somewhat street smart. Knows where and not to go in the City here. Haha, my dogs always had to go out after we got up. Good thing is, we had trained them, to not get up until we did. That meant I could pretend to sleep on the weekend. LOL

Eh, sun and clouds today. Bright, than not so bright. Not going out without my winter coat though. 40 is the high today. Yes, it is April. Sigh.

I need more tea.

Morning all and Happy Tuesday! The weather funk continues- ice/snow/sleet again yesterday! The coating of snow reminded me of the first snowfall in the fall! I feel a little like Christmas shopping!! Ho, Ho, Ho!!

So sorry Tinydancer :sick: Hope you're better soon!!

Can't wait for the pictures Buckeev!

Have a great day!!

Now is not the time for me to whine it is 47 out (climbing to 72 today)

Hope all stay warm and move to Georgia

Need transplants here to live next door to me

Now is not the time for me to whine it is 47 out (climbing to 72 today)

Hope all stay warm and move to Georgia

Need transplants here to live next door to me

Mac- if you need to whine we are here to support!!

I'm closing the blinds and turning up the heater by my desk. What I can't see or feel won't bother me!

I'm sure you would be a most delightful neighbor!::yes::

Lynne street smarts the toughest thing to impart upon spawn. I’m sorely lacking mysel having been reared in howdy doodyville

DS sent me this lol quite apt B9C349FE-26F0-4559-809A-8ED7F1C269AF.jpeg

Good morning :coffee:

I tried to sleep late but it didn't work ...my home phone woke me up and I tried to ignore it since I thought it was a robo call. It turned out to be an old friend visiting from Montana who was calling to tell me she was just down the road and would be here shortly. She's my old boss's wife and we were all like family until our company got sued and went bankrupt. It took a toll on my boss who was suffering from cancer and passed away last year. We had a good talk and caught up on everything that happened in our lives in the 7 years since I last saw them. We laughed and cried....it was a wonderful visit.

Time for my second cup and then onto the laundry :laundy:

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Hey all!
Looks like i missed alot! Did have to comment on Keisha adorable GD though.

Glad all are safe from this wacky weather! Had snow flurries sunday-when I went to tell DS soccer game was cancelled that am he asked me rather sarcastically if it was because of snow...um yeah. Along with wind and wind chills...Think it will hit near 70 today though.

Broody decided she wasn't in mood afterall. It wasn't cuddle chicken though. But I am derailed today with a very sick hen. Not sure she will last the day. Currently on my lap, have a cup of gatorade syringe feeding to try to get her rehydrated. Have no idea what is wrong with her. Her symptoms could be a couple things, so treating symptoms and keeping her comfortable-she is our big red chicken. Doesn't seem to be in pain at least. Sent DH to store for supplies for her (she is a pet-although most probably consider chickens "throw away" animals-and nearly impossible to find a vet to treat chickens).

Today was supposed to be cleaning day...may turn into nap morning instead.

Broody is your pet and dearly hope she improves

You are her mom and know you will do all you can to nurse her back to good health

So sorry Monyk- we are animal lovers and no matter the species, all pets are special and part of the family! Sending prayers your way!

No Mac, I don't feel bad about your weather. Lunchtime walk needed winter clothes. Darn wind chill in the 30's, February weather.

Patty, hope your winter weather leaves too, and we get a lovely, warm (not hot) sunny spring day soon.

MonyK, sorry to hear Broody chicken is not well. Yep, all pets, in any size and kind, are part of a loving family.

Had BBQ tater chips and mouth spicy now. Eh, more tea. And rain seems to be this afternoon's event.

Seems like today was a waste for me and thought it was very unproductive day.

Spent time on the phone with a few companies.
Some of my points on my amex card did not show up and lengthy phone call to take care of it.

Cats threw up and while I was on the phone and forgot about cleaning it up until later.

Went to the hardware store to buy filters for the house and they were out of the size I needed.
Return to Ace on Thursday...

Haven't been on the computer much and have not done a thing in the house...

Spent a lot of today watching the history channel.....
Hours flew by and now it is time to start dinner.

Ever have one of those days where you did not accomplish much of anything?

Welcome to my world
:crazy2:

Lynne ~ LOL, I am just a wee bit nocturnal.

MonyK ~ Hope Broody feels better.

Mac ~ I think I have more days that go that way than I do productive days. I always start out with good intentions, though.

We have spring today! We froze at the ball game last night. My middlest child and I were bundled up under two blankets and wearing winter coats. Today I had to come home after dropping my eldest off at school and dig out a spring dress. Crazy weather. Course, it doesn’t take much to give me spring fever and now it feels more like it is time for a Universal trip.

Just had to share the one thing that I accomplished today...I booked our flights for our September trip :yay::woohoo:

I finally found a time and price we could live with so I got on my phone and realized that I could only book on SW full site since I was paying with a gift card...it took awhile since I was on my phone but I got it done:cool1:

Now they just need to release the ROF tickets for HHN and we'll be all set.

Mac...I did get a few loads of laundry done but not much else...was going to cut the grass but thought better of it.

Sniff, that was snow falling on the way home.

Made steak and potatoes and gravy with corn and fried cheese. Food coma and happy.

Not sure what I hate more, the zombie killing or annoying commentary in the shoot em army game. iPad is coming out.

House, oh got ya. Me, only a wee nocturnal intermittently. Early bird routinely. Sounds like you got the crappy weather with a day of nice roulette, like we have. Not seeing that 82 we had the other day anytime soon.

Tink, nice reason to be worked up early, and then use your day off to catch up with a friend.

Enjoy the evening all. Tea in hand and relaxing is my evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter