Something About Nothing ... #12

Yep.........Birthday Wishes for the Birthday girl..........:bday:

I could eat a slice of cake right now.........

I really have the munchies today..........and I haven’t had a drink!! Yet.........:D

Wish I’d said we would go out with friends now..........nothing on tv.......could walk round to village pub.......but would mean getting changed out of shorts.........

Will stay where we are............:happytv::surfweb:

True diplomats that you are, I'm sure the decision will be favorable!:laughing:

Dark & stormy cocktails? I don't know what that is, but you guys always have the best looking drinks, so must be something good!

Cocktails won.......

Dark and Stormy is Myers Dark Rum, Ginger Beer not ginger ale........and freshly squeezed lime juice......vary measures by whatever size a glass you use.:rolleyes1 ........got to be fresh lime juice and not cordial.......had it first in StrongWater Bar.........our favourite bar in Orlando!

On our second now........:D

Happy Saturday!
Love all the minions. Unfortunately I am really feeling the lazy, napping minions today. Wish I had Schumi here to get me motivated to do laundry...bed is still unmade too.
Hope the Hulk stones pass out easily Robo! My mom is an RN as are a couple sisters, and several MD's in family as well. In all the extended family (mine and DH's) there is only one other Registered Dietitian like me-and she just finished her degree couple years ago.

Glad to hear BlueR is home and healthy now.

Friends Bday lunch turned into lunch, then walk around downtown with stop at Pub, then Vandivort Hotel Bathroom selfie (it is a thing lol!), then off to another bar/grill/restaurant BDay girl's cousin manages, then Lounge stop for chocolate fondue. Lunch at 12, DH came to pick me up from downtown at 6 and we headed to rock n ribs. Home at 11pm last night. None of us could believe we spent 6 hours talking (and drinking-we only did a beer or cocktail at each stop though). Tried bacon wrapped smoked alligator last night. pretty good.
Then soccer game 1 at 9am. Game 2 at 6pm. 2 more games tomorrow. Cool this am, with sprinkles. Hoping rest of rain holds off until after last game.

The boy is practicing on his scooter (got a motorized scooter a year ago)-finally getting hang of it and not afraid anymore. Asked him if it meant he was doing the coasters at Universal this summer then...

Need to decide on what's for dinner...

Well, what was for dinner MonyK?

We decided on burgers and fries, with onion rings to start. Food coma.

Lush cocktails for Schumi and her DH.

Birthday dinner for Keisha’s DIL. Happy Birthday DIL! Hope MIL made a wonderful dinner for you.

Robo, thanks for letting us know about your health issues. I hope you heal quick and feeling much better.

Mac, glad to hear cats are back to normal.

Patty, hope your evening is a good one.

Dinner- chicken and "dumplings" I use gnocchi in place of dumplings. 2 of the chickens came into house while I was cooking. They've figured out how to time the gate at top of stairs to get onto deck. We have a magnetic screen door and today they figured out how to get through that! I look down from stirring veggies and a chicken face is staring back up at me from by my feet! I'm about to become a vegetarian...my current situation. Nice out before rain. They saw lap- must have cuddles
Burgers fries and onion rings sound yummy to me! Turkey meat loaf tomorrow.
Was still cleaning kitchen so missed son second soccer game today. Still 2 more tomorrow.

Lush cocktails and birthday cake sound good to me...think I still have Thin mints hidden in a freezer somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 4

Greetings Homies.

Welcome back Chuckers

Nice to see your post Robo. I am currently "binge watching" Stranger Things for HHN. We have free premium TV for a week and have already caught up on Game of Thrones.

Started reading your trip report Schumi. Great as always. I love that you critique food, wine and spirits.

Good evening everyone. I have had a very interesting and somewhat sad day today. B and I spent most of the day at the Conservator’s Center in North Carolina. We took a tour and learned a lot about a variety of animals. We got to hear the lions communicating with each other. They call it oofing, and it sounded so cool. I took some video of it.

Today I also learned that Edmund, a guy I was friends with in college but lost touch with ages ago, died almost 10 years ago. There are 3 theories on what happened. 1. (What most people believe) He shot his wife and then himself in a murder/suicide. 2. He accidentally shot his wife and was so distraught by what he did he shot himself. 3. It was a third party hit designed to look like a murder/suicide. I remember that occasionally Edmund would mention that his father was afraid of being found by the North Korean government. I always thought he was just being really paranoid. Today I learned that this man is is father. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Kum-sok
I am just so stunned to learn all of this now.

Keisha - Happy birthday to DIL.

Robo - I can sympathize. I had to have 2 stents with my first kidney stone. Not fun at all. Prayers that all will be well after you have the stents removed.

Patty - Glad you are starting to get better weather. I packed up most of my breakables when B was born and have just never brought them back out. I did make the mistake of leaving a glass on the kitchen counter once and came home to find it shattered all over the kitchen floor. That’s when I learned that just becasue the cat doesn’t get on the counters when I am home doesn’t mean he doesn’t get on them when I am away.

I am starting to nod off as I am typing. Guess I should go to bed. Hello to everyone else. I will see y’all tomorrrow.

Ooh whooo, night owls, is early birds are falling asleep fast.

I would ask the stuff be shut off, but older one is yapping online with his friends and playing his new game, so I will be saying my goodnight and warning him I expect out the door not too late tomorrow morning.

Glad to be back.. I need to post more often. But you guys post so much that if I miss a day, I've got 5 pages of posts to go through!! :)

I do have my trips planned out, but they're to other parks, so I wouldn't feel right discussing them on here. :) One of them will probably include Universal CA next year!

We do not care Chuckers, trips to wherever are also exciting to read about. And yay for west coast Universal. We did that I will say 5 or so years ago. We are almost ready to go back there next year too. We had flown into LA, stayed at Disney and did 7 days there. Took one of those days and drove down to Legoland. Then for 2 nights, we moved over to Hollywood, and did Universal, movie in Disney theater, had ice cream at the Disney soda shop next to the theater. Toured some, after parking at the Hollywood garage, where we went to the top floor for the scenery. My kids were too young for the studio tours, but they will be old enough if we go next year. Been to LA twice, and SD twice. My dream is to see the Rose Parade in person. When my kids are in college, next year, that will start the wheels moving. No colleges go back to school the day after New Years, so one more year to not have to be back by New Years.

Pumpkin time is quickly approaching, and my eyelids want to close. Sweet dreams night owls. Carry on, expect to see more posts.

Oh my, my neighbor dog or two must have go loose. Barking and lights on, need to look out the door. Later homies. This might be fun to watch the chasing of weiner pups.

Happy Saturday!
Love all the minions. Unfortunately I am really feeling the lazy, napping minions today. Wish I had Schumi here to get me motivated to do laundry...bed is still unmade too.
Hope the Hulk stones pass out easily Robo! My mom is an RN as are a couple sisters, and several MD's in family as well. In all the extended family (mine and DH's) there is only one other Registered Dietitian like me-and she just finished her degree couple years ago.

Glad to hear BlueR is home and healthy now.

Friends Bday lunch turned into lunch, then walk around downtown with stop at Pub, then Vandivort Hotel Bathroom selfie (it is a thing lol!), then off to another bar/grill/restaurant BDay girl's cousin manages, then Lounge stop for chocolate fondue. Lunch at 12, DH came to pick me up from downtown at 6 and we headed to rock n ribs. Home at 11pm last night. None of us could believe we spent 6 hours talking (and drinking-we only did a beer or cocktail at each stop though). Tried bacon wrapped smoked alligator last night. pretty good.
Then soccer game 1 at 9am. Game 2 at 6pm. 2 more games tomorrow. Cool this am, with sprinkles. Hoping rest of rain holds off until after last game.

The boy is practicing on his scooter (got a motorized scooter a year ago)-finally getting hang of it and not afraid anymore. Asked him if it meant he was doing the coasters at Universal this summer then...

Need to decide on what's for dinner...

Your lunch sounded pretty good........although you lost me on alligator.........like the sound of the meatloaf though!!

Greetings Homies.

Welcome back Chuckers

Nice to see your post Robo. I am currently "binge watching" Stranger Things for HHN. We have free premium TV for a week and have already caught up on Game of Thrones.

Started reading your trip report Schumi. Great as always. I love that you critique food, wine and spirits.

Thanks so much.....glad you are enjoying it........:D

We loved GoT.......despite not thinking we would at first......DS had the set and we binge watched 4 seasons in a very short time......not a lot of housework was done then!!!

I binge watched it too. Looking forward to season 3.

We need to watch that again from the beginning.......

I do have my trips planned out, but they're to other parks, so I wouldn't feel right discussing them on here. :) One of them will probably include Universal CA next year!

Nice to see you post Chuckers.

Charade......hope you had a good sleep.........

Well, glad we never planned much today........early sunshine, but now it is black o clock outside.........looks so dark and rain is just beginning........DS has just been out to wash his car.....got it done in time just started as he put it in garage..........

Lazy day today.......no plans to do anything except some baking and cooking........

Have a great Sunday.........:wave2:

Morning Schumi :wave2:.

I’am up early this am.

Grandson spent the night last night. He is such a sweet young man and I love having him over for visits. He is so excited about our trip to Universal in May. He wanted me to make him a pineapple upside down cake yesterday evening so I did.

He is graduating from 8th grade in May and is looking forward to high school. So will have a small graduation party for him before we leave for vacation.

We have that mug too! Love it.....

That mug is so cool. I bet you have a nice collection. Looking forward to seeing what the mug looks like this year for HHN.

We need to watch that again from the beginning.....

I really enjoy watching shows that I can’t figure out. Have you ever started watching a movie and you can pretty much guess the ending after just watching 15 minutes of it. I don’t like those shows that are easy to figure out.
“Stranger Things” was pretty spellbinding.

“Stranger Things” was very well written and the acting was fantastic. Of course it doesn’t hurt that it’s going to be one of the houses at HHN. Will be interesting to see how they interpret the Upside Down.

Good Morning Robo, how sweet that grandson is keeping you company. May will be here before ya know it.

Kids are moving like pond water, and little one thinks she has allergies, but I think she caught a cold.

Need to do an errand then off to the zoo.

Morning Schumi :wave2:.

I’am up early this am.

Grandson spent the night last night. He is such a sweet young man and I love having him over for visits. He is so excited about our trip to Universal in May. He wanted me to make him a pineapple upside down cake yesterday evening so I did.

He is graduating from 8th grade in May and is looking forward to high school. So will have a small graduation party for him before we leave for vacation.

That mug is so cool. I bet you have a nice collection. Looking forward to seeing what the mug looks like this year for HHN.

I really enjoy watching shows that I can’t figure out. Have you ever started watching a movie and you can pretty much guess the ending after just watching 15 minutes of it. I don’t like those shows that are easy to figure out.
“Stranger Things” was pretty spellbinding.

“Stranger Things” was very well written and the acting was fantastic. Of course it doesn’t hurt that it’s going to be one of the houses at HHN. Will be interesting to see how they interpret the Upside Down.

I need to Google to see what age 8th Grade is........

Yes, I always look forward to seeing the merchandise especially the mugs and tees........we have so many going back over the years.......really don't want to get rid of any of them as we purchase new ones.......

Must get around to Stranger Things soon........although very much ready to have another house announced!!! I am extra excited for HHN this year!!!!!

Baking isn't my strong point..........but, I do try......so, baked my usual easy stuff like butter shortbread and a lemon drizzle cake.........did try something new this morning.......I had a go at making Danish Pastries........not a success. My friend is excellent at them and she did laugh when I said I was having a go at them.......she knows me so well..........straight to trash!!! Yep, they were that bad............

Still raining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter