Something About Nothing ... #12

Hi everybody :wave2:

Stupid virus or whatever it is came back this morning...updated my phone security ap and so far it's been ok.

Patty, I started my diet yesterday....I feel your pain. Why does most healthy food taste like cardboard? I guess fruit and yogurt are good. I just need to fit in my summer clothes so I don't have to get new stuff.

It's been cool and rainy today...glad I finally got off after being out in the garden center all day. At least I had a heater to keep warm.

I need to catch up on Stranger Things too...guess I'll be visiting my friend who has Netflix soon.

Mmmm....burnt ends sounds so good but unfortunately not on my diet:sad:

Now I want some coconut rum....not on my diet either.

Time to watch Fear twd... have to remind myself of what happened last season and rewatch the season premiere since I fell asleep last week...I know mac will be watching too.

Have a great night everyone :goodvibes

Have a great couple of days off Vicki.......and good luck with the diet! It’s neverending isn’t it.........love me some coconut rum right now...........I’m a bad influence!

This BBQ place has a great smokehouse out back and you would love these burnt ends. The rub is a bit spicy and they serve it with horseradish sauce and their made on site BBQ sauce.

Oh my goodness........how delicious does that sound!!! Love restaurants that do their own stuff..........

Anything spicy and I’m there........::yes::

Yum, burnt ends and brisket, with lots of bbq sauce.

Asked DH if we had gas for the grill. Yay, thick steaks on the grill, with corn and tomatoes. Well, maybe a salad or all are asking for me to make salsa. Off to make salsa.

Had dinner early-between soccer games. I didn't end up going as everytime I go they lose! They played a competitive traveling team at first game today and fought them to a tie! DS was so excited when he got home-by all predictors they were going to get creamed and instead held their own.
But meatloaf and veg ready for leftovers later.

For those "dieting"-roast any and all vegetables and they become yummy! I have a stirfry oil I will use to toss them with-roasted radishes and carrots with this and some fresh thyme...leftovers go on a salad. GOOD food is YUMMY food. Along with the pan of brownies as middle needs "chocolate"-doing english homework which is so far beneath her level and she is aggravated (the common core "everyone has to do").

Also trying to get caught up on Fear Walking Dead-guess I watched more of last season than I thought.
Now I have to decide which park to be at on a certain date so I can figure out a game plan for fast pass.
At least for Flight of Passage and the New Toy story stuff. Think I have 4 days of FP made for 14 day trip. Going to wing most of it-especially as DH's (newly found) daughter is going to ask for vacation and join us for a few days-will be grandson's first time-to say we are excited is understatement!! Also since we are doing Universal at some point in the 2 weeks didn't want to be tied down to FP days the 2nd week.

Anything spicy and I’m there..
OOHH-tried a BBQ sauce at Rock n Ribs BBQ competition this weekend made from Carolina Reaper and Ghost pepper (2 hottest peppers on planet). was sooooo good - spicy and good burn but not "melt your face and taste buds completely useless for 3 weeks" hot.

At least I got laundry done today...

Good evening. Nothing really to report. Today has been very uneventful.

Chuckers - Go ahead and post about your other trips. I don’t have any Orlando plans for now, but will eventually be planning a Southern California trip. We plan to visit Disneyland, but are not sure about Unib=vernal since we just went to Universal Orlando.

Lynne - Your CA trip sounds similar to what we want to do next year. Love the sloth pic. I think they are so cute.

Robo - A trip to Universal is a great way to celebrate the completion of middle school. I don’t think we did anything special for B. Not even a party.

Patty - You are braver than I am. I can’t handle horror at all. You won’t find me going to HHN.

Agavegirl - I had to google burnt ends. I had never heard of that before.

Tink - Good luck with the diet. I really need to start a diet, or exercise program, or both.

Hello to Schumi, Macraven, MonyK, Keisha, and anyone else i may have missed.

Need to get some sleep becasue I need to get up a little early tomorrow to make B breakfast. We have a tradition of a bacon and eggs breakfast for SOL (end of year state testing) days.

For my darkside stay, no advanced planning except for meeting up and coordinating when to meet homies in the parks.
Isn't it nice to make plans the day of when you are in the parks.

Nice and relaxing!!

I just need to fit in my summer clothes so I don't have to get new stuff.

Same here!! I usually start sooner but with the winter that wouldn't end, I needed comfort food!!

This BBQ place has a great smokehouse out back and you would love these burnt ends. The rub is a bit spicy and they serve it with horseradish sauce and their made on site BBQ sauce.

YUM!!

Off to make salsa.

Double YUM! homemade salsa??

For those "dieting"-roast any and all vegetables and they become yummy!

Monyk- yes!! that's what we bought! We did roasted brussel sprouts tonight and have peppers, squash, and broccoli in the fridge. Usually I love veggies with lots of butter, but with roasting we only drizzle with olive oil and seasonings and they're very tasty!

Watching old shows on tv- just finished Columbo!

Charade- uneventful is good! and good luck to B on the tests! bacon & eggs-yum! That can be on my diet- lots of protein!!

Charade, your daughter will do fantastic on the sol tomorrow

You are a good mom !
So nice to have that tradition with her each year

pattyw
If you and Tink are going in a diet I will join you
But can we start it a month from now?

I have a lot of ice cream in the freezer and chocolate hidden in the pantry I need to eat up before a diet starts

We are in day two of monsoon season here....well, that may be stated a tad too strong but the rain has not stopped and will continue for a few more days

But rain is better than snow

I’m sure I missed some homies but using the phone to post I can’t scroll back very well and not lose what I’ve posted

So to all else, hope all are good

Sweet dreams homies

Mac- yes please join Tink and I on our diet!

I may have goodies in the cupboard too- now that you mention it.:rolleyes1 It would be very supportive of me if I finish my candy as well, right? Couldn't resist 50% off after Easter!

I think I better join you and Tink with the diet

I don’t want to be the fat girl in the group this year when we do the tour

And if I am, then guess I’ll be buying a round of drinks for all as I might look thin if everyone is blurrier eyes

Lol

But let’s start the diet in June
I have a lot of fun junk food to eat up first
Tink has her trip September so she has time to drop a few pounds by then. But last time she told us what she ate for her diet it was icky stuff she ate

So I skipped it two years ago for that diet

She did lose weight and I did not

Mr Mac and I will be celebrating our anniversary on the Chicago round table civil war tour this week

So no diet until next week for me
Week after our trip I can start

Unless I am starving
Reading about Schumi’s great meals and drinks

MonyK.......we adore the hottest of chillies.........Scotch Bonnet and Ghost chillies are two of our favourites........I have heard of the Carolina Reaper.......it sounds good!!!

Looking to try the naga viper.......my friend has said she is getting some soon.......look forward to trying that!!! She can eat anything!!!

Diets really are never ending........its even tougher when you can`t eat certain foods......no filling up on salad or veggies........but, we keep going.......

mac, your trip has suddenly appeared before us.......sounds like a lot of fun.........

Bit cooler this week........heatwave is over........grey skies over the sea in front of us and blue skies over the hills behind us......think I`ll stick to the back of the house for now.

Been into town and got a few grocery bits.....trying to decide if we want to do something this afternoon or be couch potatoes.

Lunch first...........

Voting for couch potatoes, Schumi. I'm sure you will whip up something lush for lunch, as grocery bits were picked up earlier today. Hope you afternoon is blissful though.

Have a fabulous time Mac and Mr. Mac. And Happy Anniversary Wishes to you both.

Yep, Patty, I do make my own salsa. DH came home with more tomatoes than I expected, and some large onions. I have the rest of the ingredients, and there was none left over. Rats. I like it even more the next day, but can always make more. Since there is some steak left over, may do steak tacos for dinner tonight. Eh, taco Monday, instead of taco Tuesday.

Let's just say, a mom of teens has ways of finding out, and little one got grounded. A friend who has 7 kids that are older than mine, told me when her kids were teens, the boys just do things and think you won't find out, the girls do sneaky things, and think you won't find out. I think she was right. I should have had my kids earlier, I'm getting too old for this. LOL

images

images
Hope those homies wanting coffee today, have a smooth cup of coffee, at least one. But for me, tea it is.

Enjoy this magnificent Monday, the sun is shining brightly, a cool 45 to start, but we may even risk seeing 70 today. :sunny:Oh yeah, bring it on. Umbrella in car though, hello rain storm bring lots of rain the next two days. Please let the sun come out some of the time. Please.

:wave2:

Good morning. Once again I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm. Gotta stop doing that. It is supposed to be cooler and rainy for the next few days. I am really ready for some consistent temperatures. I guess I shouldn’t say anything since I will be complaining this summer when it gets too hot.

Today is the first day of SOL week. B has reading/English today. This is the subject she has the most trouble with. Please wish her luck.

Macraven - Happy anniversary. Hope you have a great trip.

Schumi - I’m with Lynne. Couch potato sounds like a good plan.

Lynne - Homemade salsa sounds wonderful. Do you remember the old Pace commercials about the salsa made in New York City? When I visited NYC a couple of years ago I was on a mission to find salsa that was made there. I found some and it was pretty good.

ALmost time to get B to school. She has her test first thing this morning.

Sending good luck to B, hoping she does very well on her SOL tests.

Morning Charade. I'm usually always up before my alarm sounds. Vaguely remember that Pace commercial. Funny, I don't recall seeing many of commercials now for salsa. Stores have lots of labels, both fresh and bottled. Best salsa I had was from a fast service chain, that no longer has a restaurant anywhere close to us. They used to make things to order, and tasted much better than the other chain restaurants that serve Mexican style food. The only taco stuff we get now is not really even Mexican, is Taco Bell. It's not the best tasting food, but when you get a hankering for it, it's good. Though we will only eat at some of the chain ones, as we think, even though the food is the same, some of the franchisers do it better than others.

Time for more tea. Almost cool inside, and I wore short sleeves.

Charade, I remember that Pace commercial about New York City

salsa made in NYC???
It was a hoot

One of the funniest commercials at that time

Glorious day! Sun and 70!!:sunny: Nice to see the sun even though I'll only see it from the window by my desk!

Doing dinner tonight with DS, fiancee and her family to celebrate the engagement!! So.. no diet tonight. That's right, no worries- I'm waiting for Mac to officially start the diet!

:goodvibes to B Charade on her reading/English test!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter