Something About Nothing............ #14

@keishashadow Might have some information about them there. Not only they cover the history of that location, but they have various pictures and stories of all kinds of churches and what not over the US. Also, that pizza looks not too bad. :P

Janet, that is good looking food!!! And how young does Mr Keisha look in that picture!! He doesn’t have a picture in the attic does he....... ::yes::

So, my husband said to me tonight with a wry smile......have you thought about our Christmas trip this year??

That seemed to me, to be code for......book the flights! So, I had the laptop out quicker than you can blink :rotfl:......straight on to Virgin Atlantic website and I got 3 flights booked for later this year in Premium again........for 14 nights at RP with Kyle for another Holiday trip:cheer2:

He had already checked with his work if he could get the time off, and his boss told him yep, no problem! Seems a long way off right now.....

Bedtime here........

Quick "hi" ! Been so busy-seems I missed a grandbaby (so precious!) and a pizza party. Although we did have pizza saturday-both boy child and I have the crud (for me - again!). He has been running a fever past 3 days so he stayed home from school today. Seems better today except horrible cough.

Actually making chinese tonight-orange chicken in instant pot with rice in the rice cooker. This would be the time I relax with a glass of wine but ugh-no appetite for any alcohol right now. Other than the week in Florida it has been a dry January for me...

Getting ready for our big Chili cookoff fundraiser for Boys&Girls club. Kobe was a great friend of the clubs and had visited several over the years. Such a tragedy for his and the other families/loved ones.

Older DD told me she applied for the DCP again and is already on to her phone interview; she coaxed a coworker through his app as well (his first time applying) and he is also onto his phone interview. DCP is her backup plan if grad school right away in fall doesn't work out, but she is super excited about her upcoming visit to Purdue.

Middle kid - the high school senior this year-and her all girl Robotics team won their big competition this year and are going to State! She was pretty excited!!

Timers going off-time to finish dinner!

Quick "hi" ! Been so busy-seems I missed a grandbaby (so precious!) and a pizza party. Although we did have pizza saturday-both boy child and I have the crud (for me - again!). He has been running a fever past 3 days so he stayed home from school today. Seems better today except horrible cough.

Actually making chinese tonight-orange chicken in instant pot with rice in the rice cooker. This would be the time I relax with a glass of wine but ugh-no appetite for any alcohol right now. Other than the week in Florida it has been a dry January for me...

Getting ready for our big Chili cookoff fundraiser for Boys&Girls club. Kobe was a great friend of the clubs and had visited several over the years. Such a tragedy for his and the other families/loved ones.

Older DD told me she applied for the DCP again and is already on to her phone interview; she coaxed a coworker through his app as well (his first time applying) and he is also onto his phone interview. DCP is her backup plan if grad school right away in fall doesn't work out, but she is super excited about her upcoming visit to Purdue.

Middle kid - the high school senior this year-and her all girl Robotics team won their big competition this year and are going to State! She was pretty excited!!

Timers going off-time to finish dinner!
Congrats to all the kids! Exciting times for them all. How are the feathered kids?
Have you made the orange chicken in the IP before? Share recipe please!

Off to the movies soon.

How are the feathered kids?
Have you made the orange chicken in the IP before?

Off to the movies soon.

I laughed so hard I had tears.....

mentioning feathered friends and making orange chicken .....

I know it was two different sentences but I was skimming through quickly to catch up in the thread and first thought....
maybe I should reread what was written

Well it looks like the night shift crew is not here tonight
Not sure if I will be awake when Schumi checks in unless I smell bacon cooking ...

sweet dreams homies !

Thanks Lynne.......excited for that trip already!!

Monyk......nice to see you......love orange chicken!! And it’s cook off time again! It comes around doesn’t it.......hope your boy feels better soon and good luck to DD!

mac......no bacon this morning.......croissants for us today and fruit!!! What was I thinking, it’s so cold here now. No frost or snow, but, just cold. Should have had bacon......maybe we’ll have it for lunch......::yes::

Yes, a cold one today.......have waxing appointment this morning......least it’ll be warm in there......pop into town and then back home I think with heating warm and cosy. I’m such a wimp.....I hate being cold.......

No ideas for dinner tonight.......

Have a good Tuesday.......

I laughed so hard I had tears.....

mentioning feathered friends and making orange chicken .....

I know it was two different sentences but I was skimming through quickly to catch up in the thread and first thought....
maybe I should reread what was written
:laughing: Oh dear! It did come off rather funny didn’t it!

Hope MonyK doesn’t show those chickens her dinner tonight. LOL. Hope you feel better today, and yay! Hope the kids get the DCP jobs this summer. And yay for robots winners.

C8D96E4B-6007-4936-9F3A-5205041B0D9C.jpeg
Cool one here. And happy Tuesday. And yes, this is the day of the week, Taco 🌮 is the food today. Get your orders in, Mac usually does her Taco Bell run today.

5E37CC69-5DF0-4D28-A7ED-73DE10118F6E.jpeg

Yep, Good Morning homies. Totally terrific day to you all. And hey, eat a taco or two. ::yes::

Time for that second cup of tea. Later. Oh, and not waxing today, hope Schumi’s waxing goes quick and not painful.

Morning all

no tacos here but have new recipe started in crockpot. Jambalaya of all things. Figure either a major hit or a huge miss sort of thing

Literally dragging him to my dermatologist today. Thinking I should’ve just scheduled his appt so I could watch him like a hawk. He isn’t exactly the best patient

Carole u done made Dorian’s day. On midnight shift probably feeling as old as methuselah!

welcome home Scotla

Congrats! Lots of hard work paid off there
Good luck to her too! what a blessing to have such accomplished go-getting kiddos.

you’ve had ur share of crud this season, yuck. U think from work encounters?

Hey all...:wave2:

Youngest and I are home today, guess we’re getting our share of the stuff going around.

I’ll put us on some big bowls of chicken noodle for lunch, Mama would come home early but she has an extremely busy morning at her office til about mid afternoon.

We have a restaurant in our area called Runza, they run a special on Tuesday called Temp Tuesday, so you buy a drink and fries and get your runza sandwich for what ever the temp was this morning last few weeks they’ve been free, so for around $3.25 or so per person it’s such good food for hardly nothing.

I did get my new Jersey Mike’s coupons in the post yesterday!!!

We do have a favorite Taco Tuesday place but we love to get our fix on the Runza special while it goes on.

Have a good day all...:wave:

Thanks Lynne.....yes, waxing hurt like heck today!!! I think because I`ve been feeling less than 100% it just stung a little more than usual!!! Enjoy that tea!!!

Keisha....lol on Methusela…….hope today goes ok!!! Men don`t seem to be good patients ever!!!

DLPN......hope you and the kiddo feel better soon......so many things going around everywhere!!! Chicken noodle soup sounds good about now!!!

We came straight home after being out this morning, didn't go any shopping as it was so cold! Not icy frosty cold, but just the wind. Wandering around town with cold like that just isn't fun! We came home and had rolls with bacon for lunch again......nice!!! Tom made them though and he does put an awful lot of bacon on the rolls......not really a bad thing I guess!!!

I think my cold that was improving has come back.....with a cough! But, won`t let it get me down......I`m a trooper :rotfl:

Realised we hadn't booked our overnight stay at the airport for May this morning, so we got September and December booked while we were on their website. Sorted.

Then booked our car service for September and December too, May was already booked......that`s about as organised as we need to be right now.

Made a very hot and spicy chicken curry for tonight....Kyle will have southern fried chicken if he`s home for dinner. Looking forward to that!!!

Ginger tea time........

DisneyLife, hope you and your little one feel better soon. Yep, chicken noodle soup always a good meal when not feeling well.

FA6E0F6B-E988-495E-93A7-0ABDD8BF3ED0.png
Haha! Hope Schumi and family had a good meal. And I would be eating with Kyle, as enjoy some good fried chicken.

Ended up making burgers. Not feeling like much, so easy for me. Now just chilling, as feeling cool outside. So under a blanket, and watching what I want in other room than older one is playing online something, I think baseball? Eh, no need to monitor most of what he watches and plays.

Disney life & Schumi feel better! So far I’ve been able to avoid the winter cold although oldest daughter has had several working in daycare!

Schumi I have our Aug airport hotel booked, but not flight yet!

Keishashadow love jambalaya yum! How did it turn out?

Today was time to renew Mr’s car insurance. Agent came over just after lunch. Yuck, rage went up $100. $1700 for one year. They’ve revised their fee structure this year. Not happy. They say many will save money. We asked our agent if any of her clients have had rate go down, nope.
Our insurance company is the only game in town, being a Crown corporation. They used to be good. But I think things have been mismanaged for awhile now.

On the bright side, it’s a beautiful sunny day, at last! My neighbor and I got out for a walk with our doggies and she also took her very cute granddaughter in the stroller. We haven’t had a sunny day for so long it looked like the whole neighbourhood was out!

B2CEB5A2-5D12-4CE3-81F1-AC5614D5985D.jpeg

Why yes it is. A Wednesday is here, and most keeping that week day schedule, get over this hump of a day, and yep, Friday will appear in 2 days. Woot! For those of leisure or not on such a 5 day week day schedule, hey, it’s Wednesday! Go wild!

Cool start, with some clouds rolling in, but oh so dark out. Quick enough commute, and oh joy, tea for me.

Hope those not feeling well, good thoughts and healing ones are sent. Hope the mummy dust sent finds you better feeling. Take care.

Enjoy hearing of all the trip on the Day of Vacation Day Off, yesterday’s theme. Eh, so far, only our next January trip is a lock. Spring Break May find us on a train, but heading North, not South. Thinking of a June or later May get away, just have to see what I can find.

Have a wonderful Wednesday homies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter