Something About Nothing............ #14

Hi all...
re: special events in the McKenna household; DH's birthday is coming up this week, as is my youngest dd's graduation. We're looking at trying to do something next weekend for both of them.

Didn't do much today except for cooking dinner. It was a nice day, hope everyone had a nice day also.

:wave2: Doing a quick stop in.

I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful memorial day holiday tomorrow. So many celebrations that are being celebrated!!! To everyone with family members that have served in all the different divisions of that army, how proud you all are!!! It is certainly an achievement to be proud of! I hope everyone gets to enjoy wonderful weekend!

We enjoyed our weekend here. We had some lazy moments, but got some things done around the yard and house.

We were gifted with DH's mom's boat from the sale of the lake lot ( what would have been his parents retirement home ) and on Friday we finally got everything finally sorted to make it ours. It was kind of ironic that we got everything finalised on his DM's birthday. She would have been 65! We got to take the boat out today, and his DM must have been watching over us, as we had extremely good luck catching lots that were not big enough for us to keep, but we did manage to catch 2 that were in the size ranges that we could keep! So we had a good fish fry for supper tonight!

Back to work tomorrow :faint: The weekend flew by again. Hopefully the weather holds up, and I can get out and do some walking. Enjoy all the warmer weather, and soak in all the sunlight and green that surrounds us right now.

Goodnight everyone!!!! I hope everyone has a great day off tomorrow!

Keisha....I like your style...….keep the celebrations going.....it`s nice they still have their birthdays to look forward to this week!!!!

Yes, I would have loved to have the other "G"s face too.......lol...…oh I remember the first time Tom ordered a Blue Moon and there was a huge wedge of orange in it......he was like...…whaaaat......but he liked it...…..

mrose......you have some nice celebrations coming up this week...…and two lovely celebrations too!!! You`ll come up with something lovely I`m sure.......

pumpkin........that sounds lovley and kind of bittersweet at the same time for you with the boat. And 65, my goodness......that`s so young :hug:

And nice catch on the fish!!!!! It sounds lovely...…

Sorry you`re at work today, hope it passes quickly......

Holiday Monday on both sides today........ours isn`t as grand as Memorial Day, just a regular Bank Holiday........

And it is gorgeous...….it is going to be a beautiful day, so we plan to do nothing except sit in the garden and barbecue lunch and dinner........blackened shrimp for lunch and a mix of meats for dinner.

Unfortunately the crowds will be out in force despite being asked not to...…it`s a worry all these gatherings so soon.

There`s talk of diabetics being held under extra lockdown which will affect a couple of my friends, so hope they don`t feel the need. My mum is under lockdown still as she is over 70, I think that`ll be around 12 weeks they`ve not been allowed out...…she`s been so good though and followed the rules to the letter.

But, for us....it`s the garden :beach: Have to go hunt out the sun screen......

cv41-L.jpg

cv1948-L.jpg

:rotfl:

Ah, another day to be up early, but not moving fast. Sweet.

And while that 80 degree day is now going to be a high of 75, the nicest of the holiday weekend said the weather lady. Thus, while the pool may still be chillier than want, older one took out his bathing suit last night. I am sure littke one will wear hers too. Me, shorts so I can at least walk into the water on the first two steps. See, on the low end of the pool, my Dsis made the entry huge wide steps, so that when my mom could enter easy, and way wide enough for a wheelchair, which is how mom entered the water last summer.

That’s about all we are doing. We will bring food with us, as Dsis has a grill in the pool area, so older one can grill up burgers I made and some hotdogs. Then I made a fresh fruit salad with the fruit I bought the last 2 days, and made pasta salad too. Bought chips and coleslaw, so that should do it. And cut up some vegetables to snack on as the grilling is bring done. I much rather do lunch than dinner, as yes the work routine continues tomorrow.

And yay yay yay, for all the happy birthday family homies and woot to the graduation guy., well done!

That’s what we‘re doing Lynne......the meats are ready to go and I’ve made up pasta salad, potato salad and cous cous.......spicy and fruity at the same time.

Glad the weather seems to be good all over today.......although just looked at the live harbour camera where my mum lives and it is darn miserable up there! Glad I’m not there......

Pepsi with ice and lemon is being poured for me right now.......:)

My mom was a veteran and I display her flag each Memorial Day

I gave my dads flag to my brother and he displays it at his home

At the end of the day, flags are returned to their case.

Since it is just Mr Mac and myself at home, no big meal but left over pizza from last night.

Hope all the homies have a great Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Just had a wonderful weekend hanging out with my brother and his family for the first time in 3 months so it was great spending time with my awesome nephews! Weather was good yesterday so got some nice boating and sun lounger time in.

Going to use the time off today to tackle some of my garden beds. Thinking we’ll grill some bratwursts for lunch and pork chops for dinner.

Have a great Monday!!

88E50A29-4E2E-474B-BBD6-37549E0AF44F.jpeg9135B91A-7151-47EF-BBCF-D2031C39C739.jpegB40C18B1-5C43-428A-AAD1-AAEA6E302DC3.jpeg

Good morning. Another day of nothing planned to do. We are just waiting to find out when the plumber will come out and replace the water heater.

I might try to finish my latest puzzle today. Dh and I worked on it for a few hours yesterday. We still have 3 more unfinished ones and another on order.

Grandson was over for couple of days. We so enjoyed his visit. Hubby said to take him home in the Jaguar yesterday with the top down. He loved it. He told me we needed to turn on some music. So he was the Dj for the trip......we had a Corvette and a Audi that wanted to race on the highway. Never fails when in hubby’s car people want to race. The Jaguar could blow doors past both those cars, but I’am not racing anyone with my grandson in the car. I will not race period. Not worth risking life and limb.
This reminded me of the State Farm commercial where the guy refuses to race someone because he didn't want to mess with his discount.

.my naan bread never turn out as good as our Indian restaurants......they stay kind of flat and don't puff up...
I want to try naan bread sometime. One of our new therapists was going to bring some Indian food to the office. She went on maternity leave in mid November and hasn't come back to the office yet thanks to the Covid virus.

..leave off the mushy peas.....yuk......they`re popular over here with fish and chip places.....no thanks!!!
I have never heard of this before, but it sounds disgusting. I can't stand peas in their regular form.

Appears i am a horrible influence & guilty of educating my GD as to “unsavory” things, according to the perfect Grandma (she who hasn’t stepped up to watch said child more than a handful of times in her nearly 10 ten years.

porch pirates (told GD to take in packages to her house when we stopped mid day for something last week)

& strippers (explaining why cardiB was, well, cardiB and I’d prefer she not emulate her nor any of the Kardashians).

Her parents thought it was hysterical, said they wished they had caught the look of horror on the other G’s face.
I only vaguely know what a cardiB is, and I'm not sure if B does.

We were gifted with DH's mom's boat from the sale of the lake lot
but we did manage to catch 2 that were in the size ranges that we could keep! So we had a good fish fry for supper tonight!
How cool. Congrats on your catch.

Did you know that in addition to Memorial Day today is also National Tap Dance Day?

Well, I can’t tap dance, but do have flags that were placed on the grave yesterday. Hugs Mac, very nice you and your DB share the memory of your parental units with

Hope the plumber comes soon. I guess I am lucky, my two DB’s helped put ours in.

Schumi, yay, a grilling day for you too. I like this time of year, when we can cook and eat outside.

Elsa, so happy you were able to enjoy a visit from family, and nephews, how fun.

Made cheesy, red peppers scrambled eggs and home fries, the latter requested by little one. No bacon, all gone yesterday, and eh, may pick up some more later in the week. Was in the mood, so waffles were made as well. Full, and enjoying some relaxing. How nice a Monday.

Monaklyn nice to see you enjoying the cabin!

MRose there used to be a bakery here that had pizzadough. But it closed.
Our Province just went to stage 2, so some things are lifting. However we’re being a little conservative and keeping lunch outside and sitting 6’ apart. Hair & nail salons open with restrictions, same with restaurants and stores. I guess Yellow is like stage 2?

Sounds like DH and me may share a birthday!

Charade glad kitty gave up the hunt!

Robo sounds like you had a fun drive home with grandson! I’m looking forward to my haircut today! We are told to wait in car and they’ll text when it’s time to come in.

Schumi it’s my birthday today::yes::

Keisha that must have been a very interesting family get together:laughing: That’s horrible about hairdresser infecting so many clients. This virus is so scary esp since you can have it but be asymptomatic.

:bday: To Keisha and M Rose hubbies! And to Cam’s son.

Pumpkin it does sound like DM was watching over you all. 65 way too soon.
Weather here is gloomy today. Rain. Yuck.

Lynne sounds like you had a nice holiday pool day!
We had our holiday last week. Victoria Day.

Charade you either love or hate the mushy peas lol. They’re quite common here in the fish and chips places.
I have no idea what a cardiB is either lol. I just thought it was a name.

I smell the bacon cooking! Yum. Birthday breakfast lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter