Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade, yes, give him a years notice next year you get to do the outside.....no projectors! Love the pumpkin pie smell......

Been a busy day.

Got legs waxed and few other jobs done. Went to salon and my stylist took a little more off my hair. But, we woke up to thick fog this morning and this afternoon our weather warning came into force....heavy rains and high winds.......it is wild. And cold too.

It was so dark the whole afternoon, one of those real winter like days.

But, we did get packed up this evening.....I’m now taking two suitcases ::yes::.....well, it makes sense....we each get two suitcases of 50lbs weight plus 22lbs hand luggage each.....122lbs each isn’t bad! But, only me taking 2 cases....will be handy coming home.....:rolleyes1 We don’t plan to do that much shopping, but It’ll be heavy I’m sure.

Pizza was good earlier......and hoping we’ll sleep well tonight.......not much chance I’m guessing.

Hope all are good.......and hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.......:wave2:

That sounds nice Charade! I used to drive down to Seattle for the sales. It’s a 3 hr drive. A girlfriend and I used to go and stay overnight at a hotel in Seattle then drive home the next day hitting malls and The Premuim Outlet on the way home.
Now I don’t shop either.

it’s been cold (40’s) and blustery the past 2 days. Wind storms have knocked out power to many. Luckily not us.

Today did aquafit. Different instructor today. Yay. Tomorrow have my massage appt, Friday getting snow tires on and winter maintenance.
Sunday have our Nexus interviews! At last.

I booked a weeks trip to Ft Lauderdale area in January. Sadly it’s for my moms 1st cousin. Funeral. She was more like an auntie to me. She passed away 3 weeks after my mom. I booked my fav beach area, Deerfield Beach. I’m planning on plenty of beach time chilling. Bringing a good book to read on the beach. And planning on plenty of beach walks. The beach/ocean is so soothing, good for the soul. Going solo. Daughters can’t take any more time off work. They came with me to NY last month.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends today.......

Hope you all have a wonderful day and lots of good wholesome food is enjoyed and family time is always lovely.......

We still have high winds and lots, and lots of rain.......was a wild night but we did manage to sleep quite well rather unusually........but, it is chucking it down outside and I think it’s going to follow us up to the other side of the country today too.

Sun is to be shining when we take off tomorrow...

About to put bacon rolls on for all of us, last minute packing has been done and cases are all in hallway waiting to go. It’s a good feeling seeing them like that.......

I‘m sure I’ll pop in at some point during our trip......I always do as we do like some down time on our trips.......::yes::

Have a great Thursday.........

Food! Yay! Hope all enjoying family, friends and food and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sue, sending sympathy. So sorry to hear of your cousin passing. Beach time, yes. Hope it will be peaceful for you, and sending you hugs. Odd, but I know a family in Deerfield Beach. A neighbor, when I was a kid, moved to Deerfield Beach with their twin girls that are the same age as me.

Schumi is packed and ready. Safe travels and yay, waxed legs, and bacon. I can sleep well, but that wind whipping around the house last night. Woke me up a few times. Today, 30 to 35mph winds. Oh a Pooh blustery day to make us feel cooler. And rain around to make a not so nice day.

No matter, food will start with a big breakfast at our go to diner. Then, dinner is early, and since I am bringing rolls, and hot munchies, we will get their early to start the food to feed the masses.

Yay, thirsty Thursday is here. Drinking is a great way to celebrate and be thankful.

Off to get tea. A quiet house is a perfect way to start any day.:coffee:

Happy Thanksgiving Sans family

D474A99E-C2F1-4028-A790-0E9D47438653.gif

6A9C0D97-5298-462F-81AF-42C095F6B9FF.gif

F93DBC7D-D44C-4BF6-A2D3-4609F01F50FA.gif

0DE150D3-1F0A-4C26-96C0-1FD3F4E24063.gif

C213924F-1C29-4EEB-851A-64475793607A.gif

59ADBBEA-1DFC-42AF-8CD9-66C1240CD15B.gif

The bird is in the oven and sides are prepped in the refrig for the oven. Pies are done and all the trimmings. My sister is bringing over some yummy things to finish out the menu. We are going to have a early dinner and some games after then dessert.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying family time today watching bowl games, Macy’s parade or just enjoying the gift of family.

Schumi have a great trip up to hotel this evening and a good flight tomorrow. You will be in the Florida :sunny: before you know it. Wishing you, Tom and Kyle a wonderful time at Universal.

Pattyw wishing you and Joe a lovely time with family in Orlando.

Sue sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like a lovely beach stay will be good for you. Something about the salt air and getting your feet in the sand for a good walk makes everything right with the world :hug:

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Sans family have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Happy Thankgiving ( Turkey Day ) to all of you!!!! I totally have the Homer Simpson drool happening when I think of all the turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy and the desserts that will be eaten today. A baked turkey is probably our families favorite meal. We have it often during the year. I usually buy a few birds from our framer's market and keep them in the freezer. I will look like Homer all day, dreaming of turkey :o

@Sue M I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. And I agree...there is just something about the warmth of the air, the sand and water that is so healing. It grounds us, we slow down and find some inner peace around it.

@schumigirl I'm glad your on your way. Once those bags are packed and ready to be loaded to be headed off on vacation...that is the best feeling!!!!! Have an amazing vacation filled with great memories of your special little family!!!!

@Robo56 I think I can smell your turkey :teeth:

@Lynne G Enjoy your morning tea in the quiet. I love my weekend morning coffee and bailey's in a quiet house. I hope that your turkey day is great!!!!

Mac, Charade, Disxuni, Cam, Keisha, Patty and anyone else I miss or if your lurking in the shadows...Everyone have an amazing Turkey day!!!!!

My tea is almost done, the heater under my desk has thawed out my toes as our temps have dived and it's just gross and cold here and my piles of paperwork need to be given some attention...so I'm off. Have a great day!!!!

Happy Turkey day homies!

Looks like many were up early

Sue sending you hugs and love for the passing of your loved family member

Very good you will be in attendance for her services
Wishing you safe travels for it

And safe travels for all our homies today that are going to be with families or now starting vacations

Yesterday I went to replace my iPhone
Bought the iPhone 11
Did the paperwork , but phone store realized were sold out of them

Not an issue as they ordered one for me and it should be in the store in a few days
Woot!

I bet Robo’s home smells wonderful.

Yay, Pumpkin is another tea drinker. Hope your papers get gone through quick.

Full from breakfast, little one wants to know what else is open, as she is starting to get bored. Yeah, not much on the screens worth viewing. Even coverage of our local parade is meh. Thinking of going to our host’s home shortly. She said lots of chopping was taken place this morning. Eh, off to find something sweet to eat.

Ohh, get those sweatpants out. Food day, though hot drinks on this Thirsty Thursday.

Hope all enjoying this holiday. And no, not let it snow. Though we will see snow Sunday morning. ⛄

Lynne Deerfield Beach is my fav spot in Broward County. Very clean beautiful beach. Nice ocean boardwalk and pier, lots of restaurants within walking distance. But it’s smaller and less crowded than Ft Lauderdale.

Mac enjoy your new phone!

Thank you all for your condolences. So many kind homies here.

Happy Thanksgiving Sans family. Lots of good food being made!

Sun is shinning here. Going out in awhile to pick up a box of Christmas cards then to massage appt. ahhhhhh

Happy Thanksgiving!
And safe travels to those off on super adventures.
So far behind I'm not even gonna attempt to keep up-did read through and have been reading but so busy no time to multiple posts.
Not even sure if I shared middle got her deer this year? Freezer restocked with venison.
Most of the cooking done-oldest kiddo does the potatoes (and she puts cream cheese in them). Inlaws in and sis in law and her hubs on their way.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I’m sorry for your loss @Sue M. You’re in my thoughts. On a more happier note, enjoy the sun and the massage.

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. For those that are traveling whether it’s for family, or for vacations I hope you have safe travels.

Good evening everyone. Hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving today has had a great day with lots of good food. We ended up with both turkey and ham plus lots of side dishes. I was good and didn't eat too much. We brought home some leftover mashed potatoes, apple pie, and chocolate peanut butter pie. I left the pumpkin pie with our hosts.

Sue - So sorry to hear about your family member. Enjoy your beach therapy.

Schumi - Bacon rolls? Sounds interesting. Glad you will have good weather to start your trip.

DisneyLife - How did the 11 year old do? A friend's teenage son is in charge of their meal today. He started cooking to earn a Boy Scout badge and discovered that he enjoys it and is very good at it.

Lynne - Big breakfast on Thanksgiving? Do you have a late dinner? We never eat much for breakfast on Thanksgiving day, but have our big meal at noon. Snow on Monday? Eeek

Mac - I am a little envious. I would love to upgrade to the11, but I am still paying off my 10.

MonyK - I made my first cream cheese mashed potatoes today. I think I will always have to make them this way now.

It's only 7:00, but I am so sleepy. Got almost no sleep last night. I'm also starting to get hungry. I wonder what's open tonight.

Hit 4 stores last night, four so far this morning. Mall is crowded, as we got here around 6:30am, had to take parking spot near back. Yep, mall opened at 6am, after closing at 1am. More stores to come. So nice to have a second body. Lines so far have not been bad.

On a good note, online, got picture package for our cruise, and will book later the two tours we are eyeing. And most likely buy the soda package as Pepsi should be on the ship when we sail, and we much prefer Pepsi products.

Good morning, homies! I hope all stay safe when going out and about today (looks like @Lynne G beat us all with preparedness for today), whether it's be work, coming home, and safe travels for @schumigirl for today. Those that are in the parks hope you're having fun. Those that are almost there with their trips just keep dreaming of all the fun you're going to have!

It's official. Getting off early today at 12:30, however, not going to take advantage of it by doing Black Friday shopping. However, I will definitely going to be Torrid online shopping for myself. I haven't bought clothes in forever and they have a good sale so might as well take advantage, especially since I've been saving and just got paid. Other than that going to be doing a combination of shopping in stores / online shopping this weekend to get it all out of the way, then by Monday, I'll be able to go to the parks again. This time, I will ride Spider-Man! I tried to do that last time and didn't get a chance to.

Good morning! While Lynne was out shopping this morning I was sound asleep. Didn't get up until 9:00. Today's agenda is pay bills, put up Christmas tree, and concert tonight.

Disxuni - Enjoy your shopping and get some nice things for yourself. I wish I could get to the parks to see them decorated for the holidays. I'll have to find some Christmas lights someplace closer.

@Charade67 If it helps been slowly posting the decoration photos I have in the "picture of the day" post. Just posted one of the last photos I have until I take more. I'm going to do some research for the best place for the light decorations that's relatively near by, as that is what I really love.

We did some unplanned Black Friday shopping today. We put up our tree (a pre-lit artificial) only to discover that only about a third of the light were working. Dh tried everything he could think of to make them work, but we finally decided it was time for a new tree. We are now the proud owners of a tree that can change from clear to colored lights. The only problem is that it is about half a foot taller than our old tree. I'm not sure if we will be able to put something on the top.

Caspian has already claimed the box for himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter