Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning. We are under a winter weather advisory today. We had freezing rain overnight. Yuck. I'm going to venture out later today and try to finish my Christmas shopping, but first I need to pay bills. Dh got his overload pay today. Too bad most of it has been claimed by specific bills.

I heard back from the axe throwing place and they do offer gift cards. I will be giving them a call once they open.

Nice Charade. Hope you can pick that gift card up, while out bill paying and shopping.

Good Morning Dix. Yep, Friday the 13th.

Hope you both are having a good morning. And hope Charade's temps are warm enough, icing is not the issue now.

Predicting snow on Monday. Weee. Lucky me.

Bit nicer day today.....sunny and chilly without being freezing.

Had a Christmas lunch with a group of friends today.....it was boisterous and a lot of fun. Food was excellent......love turkey!!! Will see a couple of them tomorrow night at the charity event we have planned, so, looking forward to that a lot.

Few things to plan for Christmas, couple of gifts to buy, some table settings and new Christmas napkin rings to buy, and some dishes to make and freeze and we`re all organised for Christmas. We did quite a bunch of stuff before we left for Orlando, glad we did now. It`s nice just being able to relax and enjoy the build up to Christmas without having to do a whole lot.

Jet lag seems to have gone…...thankfully!! Although we did sit up late last night to watch some of the election results...pleased with the result today!!!

Time for a cup of tea and plan a lazy night ahead...…...

And oh yes, bacon tomorrow morning for breakfast...….will rustle up some pancakes too I think.......

🥓
pencil me in for tomorrow

I`ll set an extra place for breakfast...…....mimosas when we have guests too...….:flower1:

Had a 20 minute snooze....didn't know I felt tired till I sat down. Starting to watch Happy Death Day 2.....no alcohol tonight though, had enough champagne with lunch to launch a battleship! Yes, it was that group of friends...….

:wave2: doing a quick stop in!!!

We are under a winter weather advisory today. We had freezing rain overnight.
Yuck!!!! It's cold here it's about -5F here right now - and probably not warming up much in the next week or so. It is currently snowing...so it's just LOVELY :crazy2: Oh well...the heater is on under my desk and I have cozy blankets to cuddle under.

I heard back from the axe throwing place and they do offer gift cards. I will be giving them a call once they open.
Ax throwing is very fun! We have done it...and it's a good activity for an evening out. You might be surprised at how fun it is!

Predicting snow on Monday. Weee. Lucky me.
Yuck...it's currently snowing now. The hubby is happy that MAYBE just maybe he might be able to ride the snowmachine if it keeps up. I hope you don't get too much

Had a Christmas lunch with a group of friends today.....it was boisterous and a lot of fun. Food was excellent......love turkey!!! Will see a couple of them tomorrow night at the charity event we have planned, so, looking forward to that a lot.
I'm glad your back, trying to keep warm and the jet lag is gone now. Those lunches with friends are always sooo much fun. I'm hoping to get together with 2 different groups in the next couple of weeks to celebrate the holidays.

Not much to report here...worked the projects for a friend. Done one side of each of them...now to decide what to do on the other side. She wanted a dual porch board for the seasons. so just trying to figure out how to use my transfers to create the other side ::yes::

Well...heading for lunch. Picking up some xmas cards to put grad and wedding pictures in and mail off to family. Then I will package up the gifts I have and send those off tomorrow. One more things crossed off my list.
Have a great day everyone!!!!

:umbrella: Good Morning.

Hope Schumi had a fabulous charity party last night.

Pumpkin having fun in Christmas mode.

Charade and I having a very wet weekend.

Dix, oddly my phone said thunderstorm watch in Orlando this morning. Stay safe, and hope any storm misses where you are.

Tea. Yep, and kids are busy, so a DH and I relaxing morning. Then I have errands to do, return, pick ups, and bill pay. And dropping off some presents too. He is doing a military funeral, then I think some errands as well, then checking up on his DM.

Enjoy a satisfying Saturday, homies.

Thanks Pumpkin......it’s nice to be home.....and yes, love a good get together with friends. We have several different groups, some mix at one time or another and it always seems to work out.....but I do love a smaller get together too.......good luck with the project...sounds nice.

Lynne.......charity night is tonight. I’ve been at the hotel most of the morning getting organised with the staff there and a few others who said they’d help. Looking forward to it tonight.......we’ve booked a night there as have a couple of other couples too. Isn’t costing us a penny as we used a gift voucher for the hotel chain Kyle gave me for Mother’s Day.....nice looking room.

Sun is shining but it’s cold......bit breezy too and will be cold tonight. Big winter coat over dress tonight......

Have a great Saturday........

Good Saturday morning homies!

I won’t complain about my weather as it’s not icky like pumpkin, Lynne or Schumi has ...

Hope all the homies have a great weekend!

Morning!! I am so far behind I can't catch up LOL.
I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year-it's fun with all the festivities but I get "people'd" out quick too, and then the stress of trying to accommodate everyone.
Hope all are staying warm and dry!
This week-worked all 5 days (usually only work 4), 3 christmas parties (one was the party my Sertoma club has for the at risk teens of the Boys and girls Clubs-and this is probably my favorite, The teens all look out for each other: one younger teen couldn't find a spot to sit with his group after he went through food line so sat off to side by himself-I was just about to go over and sit with him when an older kid from his group saw him and came over to get him and made spot at their table; so many of the kids came up to give us hugs and thanks as they left. THink next year I'm just gonna wear a tag that says "mom hugs available"), 2 band concerts, and a Christmas parade today (last parade for my HS senior to march in for band). I had one day where I was home before 8pm after leaving house at 7 am.

Chilly today, but precip isn't expected til tomorrow, then wintry mix.

Oldest kiddo had her geology conference in SAn Francisco this week to present her research from summer internship-met 3 professors of programs she is applying for grad school-seems the University of FLorida and Purdue are front runners, UF prof has already told her she'd be accepted. Research is something about paleomagnetism of some rocks or something :P . Middle is getting acceptance letters in mail for college next fall. Decisions will have to be made fairly soon!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Prime ribs are picked up from Sam’s Club for Christmas dinner.

1 store in our area had 9 of them left after going to our usual store and finding this out via the meat department making some calls, he also said that they won’t be getting anymore of these before year end, so we drove across town and they had 6 left at the time, very popular this season apparently.

They are fully cooked and seasoned and smoked already so they are so easy to prepare and very tasty.

Decent weather day today at 56
Tomorrow about the same and Monday predicted to be 65, but a lot of rain all day

After that, temps drop to about 40’s for a couple of days then who knows what it will be then

January is when it will be cold
Cold nights and cold days just like it was back in the days I lived in Chicago

Hope all are having a great weekend!

Decent weather day today at 56
Tomorrow about the same and Monday predicted to be 65, but a lot of rain all day

After that, temps drop to about 40’s for a couple of days then who knows what it will be then

January is when it will be cold
Cold nights and cold days just like it was back in the days I lived in Chicago

Hope all are having a great weekend!

I do a lot of business in Roselle and Joliet!

Have several customers on Western Ave also in Chicago, not a great part of town......lol!

Omg parade was cold and temps dropped and yeah saw some snow flurries. Has taken hours to thaw me out, but had to get milk, and then to feed store to get chicken food and treats. What does it say about the spoiled rotten little fluffy butts that their treats cost 3x as much as their feed?

Gonna have to find Schumi's new trip report to see how her trip went (fantastic I hope). Isn't Lynne due for a cruise soon?
Mac I keep trying to move further south...

Watched latest Mandalorian-hubs turned to me and said "if they have those you are getting one aren't you" of the baby Yoda...yep! Will go right next to Hei-Hei. Hubs started watching The Imagineering experience, up to episode about Tokyo Disney sea...And now I gotta figure out how to get us there in 4 years for youngest grad present :rotfl2:

January trip is supposed to be a relaxed trip but he also now said something about Universal and his AP-which expired a few months ago. Would love to get a couple days there next month!

Prime ribs are picked up from Sam’s Club for Christmas dinner.
Yum!

I do a lot of business in Roselle and Joliet!

Have several customers on Western Ave also in Chicago, not a great part of town......lol!
I had a job that was located near Western Ave for a short time then had a job on Lawrence Ave
Quite a sketchy area even back then for Western Ave
I’m sure it is worse now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!