Something Borrowed, Blue, COLD & New - A Disney Wedding Extravaganza! Update: 11/15 (pg. 15)

December 31, 2017
Christmas Tree Trail

8D438D28-9FB6-433F-903D-8A7FD26A4574-e1534130885915-225x300.jpeg

DBDDFB84-AB72-41AA-A466-18C484FAD2BC-e1534130923658-225x300.jpeg

E4775DB9-5A0F-4B2C-A824-565B68DDC042-e1534130988599-225x300.jpeg

DA4A1B0F-BB38-4886-ACF4-D3238A27416E-e1534131029429-225x300.jpeg

883CBBE5-29DC-486D-9C7C-FACB6F184131-e1534131076189-225x300.jpeg

FF4623AD-245F-4B5A-BE8B-4E7EF63E2AE7-e1534131117641-225x300.jpeg

E820CF1A-DB9C-48F7-99ED-5FBB74C71B63-e1534131363599-225x300.jpeg

76E68F9F-A413-42EC-A09A-A9BFB5C64EA2-e1534131445587-225x300.jpeg

B9FABD90-6F48-47E2-B7B6-364EA755B8FF-e1534131480347-225x300.jpeg

8B821618-734A-4B13-81AE-6F33C8A41FBC-e1534131514763-225x300.jpeg

3C637AC5-348F-4821-9432-04B5EE8F3883-e1534131795217-225x300.jpeg

ED7AECFD-F11A-47FA-97CD-E535E08329D3-e1534131820401-225x300.jpeg

B1FFAE47-F8BD-4841-B235-C2BEE6B49337-e1534131858103-225x300.jpeg

0A51D24C-9777-4063-A880-EC8CCE174BE9-e1534131885482-225x300.jpeg

We had lots of time before our supper reservation so we took our time looking at each tree, before walking around a very crowded World of Disney. We also stopped in Amorettes to see their Christmas display, but we decided not to buy anything at that point (which I now regret, as I never made it back there on this trip – Luke did, but he didn’t take pictures).

538F2CBA-AC05-4164-9CA7-821CA0DCA86B.jpeg

FA00C265-48AD-4E9A-8F5E-42967B408281.jpeg

933FCAA0-BD0B-4A29-9B8D-9FD628DA388F-e1534131960584-225x300.jpeg

FDCFA134-177A-44C3-A0BD-1453AC1B4B57.jpeg

We were still a bit early, but we decided to go check in for our reservation at Homecomin’. We had a very minimal wait before they had a table ready for us!
Once we finished eating, we were tired and headed back to Pop Century. We packed up our stuff in preparation for our hotel move the following day, and were both asleep before midnight- we both woke up when we heard the fireworks and sleepily said “Happy New Year” before rolling over and going back to sleep. We are such party animals haha.

Total Fitbit Steps: 11,675​

I love that you guys got to volunteer at GKTW. I've bookmarked your volunteer link from their site because it's on my wish list for an upcoming trip someday.

We packed up our stuff in preparation for our hotel move the following day, and were both asleep before midnight- we both woke up when we heard the fireworks and sleepily said “Happy New Year” before rolling over and going back to sleep. We are such party animals haha.

Our NYE was very similar! lol

Joining!

Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing trip! You had me checking how many DVC points I'd need for a trip over NYE, and they are surprising not as much as I thought. Definitely not in the plans for the next couple years but maybe 2021!

Can't wait to read
more!

Thank you for the inspiration. Just filled out a volunteer application. Last minute bonus trip in November so hope it works out. How far in advance did you plan your volunteer time slot ?

Last edited:

I love that you guys got to volunteer at GKTW. I've bookmarked your volunteer link from their site because it's on my wish list for an upcoming trip someday.

Our NYE was very similar! lol

Yay! We’ve been talking about possibly going back to GKTW during our May trip next year, I really enjoyed it!

Haha, glad to hear you’re a party animal too!

Joining!

Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing trip! You had me checking how many DVC points I'd need for a trip over NYE, and they are surprising not as much as I thought. Definitely not in the plans for the next couple years but maybe 2021!

Can't wait to read
more!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Thank you for the inspiration. Just filled out a volunteer application. Last minute bonus trip in November so hope it works out. How far in advance did you plan yours ?

They always seem to be looking for volunteers, I’m on the email list now. We did send our request in almost a year ahead of time, and certain volunteer opportunities do seem to book up quickly (like the ice cream one we did on NYE), but there will more than likely be an option somewhere on property! We did the food delivery on New Years Day which is great if you like driving a golf cart!

They always seem to be looking for volunteers, I’m on the email list now. We did send our request in almost a year ahead of time, and certain volunteer opportunities do seem to book up quickly (like the ice cream one we did on NYE), but there will more than likely be an option somewhere on property! We did the food delivery on New Years Day which is great if you like driving a golf cart!

Thank you. Since it is somewhat last minute, I will be flexible on time and job. I have thought about doing it then past but never did anything about it. Your post gave me the nudge I needed.

Love that you gave some of your trip time to helping others--it sounds like an incredibly fulfilling day!

We were partying the night away followed by crawling in an hour of traffic on our NYE. Sounds like you had the right idea just snoozing into the new year :)

We checked in at Give Kids the World and were led to the Ice Cream Palace

There's.... a palace of ice cream??????

:faint:

The families staying at the Village had no limit on what/how much they could order – or when!

No..... limit......

The ice cream palace opened every day for breakfast!

Stawp!

A banana split with hot fudge and Oreo crumbs and a dozen cherries on top? Done!

Sure! Why not!

A milkshake with cherries and sprinkles blended into it? Done!

I kinda want this right now.

They actually celebrate Christmas one day every week, Halloween one day a week and have a birthday party for the children once a week, so I believe it stays decorated year round.

:) I really like that. That's just.... awesome.

Enjoy my million pictures from this!

Thanks! I did!

We also stopped in Amorettes to see their Christmas display, but we decided not to buy anything at that point (which I now regret, as I never made it back there on this trip

Well... poop. Guess you'll just have to go back!

We were still a bit early, but we decided to go check in for our reservation at Homecomin’.

Nice! And I did read your review. Dang! This place is going on my list!

Also LOL'd at you calling it Che Fartsmith.

were both asleep before midnight- we both woke up when we heard the fireworks and sleepily said “Happy New Year” before rolling over and going back to sleep. We are such party animals haha.

Meh. It's over-rated.

That Ice Cream Palace looks really cool. I'm guessing that if you volunteer there enough, you get some crazy ideas for future ice cream parties. Sounds like a cool experience!

I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm ever up at midnight on NYE is because that's one of the few nights a year that I tell myself I can stay up late and watch a movie. So if I haven't fallen asleep watching said movie, I'm awake.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! Don't worry about keeping up, it only took me almost a month to get around to responding to these comments haha :sad2:. I'm pretty sure I'm more than a few pages behind on your report now too...

I get it! I seem to be busy then have time. Off and on again in waves. :)

There were eight kinds of ice cream available, plus non-dairy options were kept in a freezer in the back room to avoid cross-contamination. The families staying at the Village had no limit on what/how much they could order – or when! The ice cream palace opened every day for breakfast! There was hot fudge and hot caramel for sundaes, bananas for banana splits, milk and mixers for milkshakes, sprinkles, Oreo bits, etc for toppings and a Coke freestyle machine for drinks (or floats!).​

WHOA!!! That's amazing!

They actually celebrate Christmas one day every week, Halloween one day a week and have a birthday party for the children once a week, so I believe it stays decorated year round.

How cool is that!?

I’ve been asked a few times already how we went about even setting up this volunteer shift. It was actually very easy, you just need to fill out an application on their website, http://www.gktw.org/volunteer/

Thanks for the link. I can see myself doing that someday!

We were still a bit early, but we decided to go check in for our reservation at Homecomin’. We had a very minimal wait before they had a table ready for us!

Nice!

Once we finished eating, we were tired and headed back to Pop Century. We packed up our stuff in preparation for our hotel move the following day, and were both asleep before midnight- we both woke up when we heard the fireworks and sleepily said “Happy New Year” before rolling over and going back to sleep. We are such party animals haha.
LOL!! But sounds like a pretty wonderful day!

Total Fitbit Steps: 11,675

Following! I read your trip report where you got engaged, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Love that you helped out at GKTW. I have a friend whose family is going on their son's Wish trip later this year and are staying there. They're so excited!

Just found your report!! Y'all are adorable!!! I absolutely love Christmas Time!!! Can't wait to go on our first trip when everything is decorated....next year lol. I cannot wait to hmhear more about y'all's trip and wedding. Keep it coming .

We ended up at Disney Springs for NYE 2016 (ate at the Boathouse and then saw La Nouba, RIP) and I was stunned by the crowd there. I think you did the better thing by leaving prior to midnight! Amorette's was something I'd saved until this last trip and now I'm basically obsessed. That chocolate display looks absolutely amazing! We won't make it back to WDW for Christmas this year but maybe they'll have it up shortly after thanksgiving, when we'll be there. And even if not, I'm sure I will find a mini-cake to drown my sorrows :rotfl:

Thank you. Since it is somewhat last minute, I will be flexible on time and job. I have thought about doing it then past but never did anything about it. Your post gave me the nudge I needed.

Did you ever hear back about volunteering?

Love that you gave some of your trip time to helping others--it sounds like an incredibly fulfilling day!

We were partying the night away followed by crawling in an hour of traffic on our NYE. Sounds like you had the right idea just snoozing into the new year :)

Yeah, I don't like crowds, so I wanted nothing to do with the parks on NYE, and the special ticketed events didn't really appeal to us. So fried chicken and bed it was! Perfect for us haha!

There's.... a palace of ice cream??????

No..... limit......

Stawp!

The Ice Cream Palace was amazing!

Sure! Why not!

I was in awe of the creativity of some people! There were some crazy combinations I put together that day!

I kinda want this right now.

This one did look and smell amazing!

:) I really like that. That's just.... awesome.

It's a really amazing place!

Well... poop. Guess you'll just have to go back!

I'll make sure I get something from there in December when we go! Their stuff is soooo good!

Nice! And I did read your review. Dang! This place is going on my list!

Also LOL'd at you calling it Che Fartsmith.

It's our favourite restaurant on property! You really must try it!

That Ice Cream Palace looks really cool. I'm guessing that if you volunteer there enough, you get some crazy ideas for future ice cream parties. Sounds like a cool experience!

I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm ever up at midnight on NYE is because that's one of the few nights a year that I tell myself I can stay up late and watch a movie. So if I haven't fallen asleep watching said movie, I'm awake.

Volunteering at GKTW is a fantastic experience!

I get it! I seem to be busy then have time. Off and on again in waves. :)

I've now worked five of the past six Saturday's (in addition to working Monday-Friday), so my time for Disboarding is almost non-existent these days. Only two more weeks of work until I have a week off though (going to visit my husband's family, so I'm sure I'll have time to get caught up on some reports here).

WHOA!!! That's amazing!

How cool is that!?

It's really great to see how amazing they make these trips for the Wish Kids and their families.

Thanks for the link. I can see myself doing that someday!

It's something I highly recommend!

I hope you enjoy your Disney trip!

Following! I read your trip report where you got engaged, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Love that you helped out at GKTW. I have a friend whose family is going on their son's Wish trip later this year and are staying there. They're so excited!

Welcome, thanks for joining in!

I hope your friend has an amazing trip to GKTW! It's so amazing to see what they do to make these trips memorable for the Wish Kids!

Just found your report!! Y'all are adorable!!! I absolutely love Christmas Time!!! Can't wait to go on our first trip when everything is decorated....next year lol. I cannot wait to hmhear more about y'all's trip and wedding. Keep it coming .

Welcome and thanks for joining in!

We ended up at Disney Springs for NYE 2016 (ate at the Boathouse and then saw La Nouba, RIP) and I was stunned by the crowd there. I think you did the better thing by leaving prior to midnight! Amorette's was something I'd saved until this last trip and now I'm basically obsessed. That chocolate display looks absolutely amazing! We won't make it back to WDW for Christmas this year but maybe they'll have it up shortly after thanksgiving, when we'll be there. And even if not, I'm sure I will find a mini-cake to drown my sorrows :rotfl:

I'm so sad I didn't get anything from Amorette's on this trip, those mini-cakes are amazing! Next May, we shall devour a few together haha :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!