Sometimes Change is Scary As All Heck

hereyago

Miss My Boy Nubbs
I am writing this out hoping it will be therapeutic for me.

I am moving weekend after next to a new city.

Oddly enough even though I know the new city as my exdh and his family love up there. I have been In the same place since
94, my parents had the house originally.
I was a military kid, I can't remember how many schools and even after my dad retired we moved around a lot for some time.

The last few days have been very emotional for me . I'll be around family so that is good,

Thanks for reading.

Oddly enough even though I know the new city as my exdh and his family love up there. I have been In the same place since
I was a military kid, I can't remember how many schools and even after my dad retired we moved around a lot for some time.

The last few days have been very emotional for me . I'll be around family so that is good,

Thanks for reading.
:grouphug:

Thanks for reading.

I bet it's emotional to move. We bought our current house in 98 and two of my kids were born and raised here. I had an attachment to my previous home that lasted about 4 or 5 years! I would dream that I moved back or forgot where I lived and walked in on the new owners. The house I live in now is a million times nicer than my previous home but it's on the other side of the city, which is my favourite side. I still miss that little place. We've renovated this house many times over and it is still a money pit. I only have one left living at home for a year and then I am anxious to sell and move into a smaller abode. I know it will hurt when we actually do it though.

I would keep busy with packing and researching your new area as much as possible. Try to get excited about a fresh start and new things to do and see.

Best wishes on a move where nothing is lost or broken. I hope you feel 'at home' there as soon as possible!

Moving is so hard! From your previous posts, I'm guessing you live somewhere near Newport News/Hampton? May I ask where you're moving? We left Chesapeake and moved to Goochland. It was a tough adjustment. But whenever I go back to Tidewater, I don't miss the traffic, ha ha!! I'm so glad you're moving near family; that will make a big difference. I"ll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Moving is so hard! From your previous posts, I'm guessing you live somewhere near Newport News/Hampton? May I ask where you're moving? We left Chesapeake and moved to Goochland. It was a tough adjustment. But whenever I go back to Tidewater, I don't miss the traffic, ha ha!! I'm so glad you're moving near family; that will make a big difference. I"ll be thinking good thoughts for you.

I live in Newport News, but moving to Mechanicsville. Lol true about the traffic ugh.

How is Goochland?

I live in Newport News, but moving to Mechanicsville. Lol true about the traffic ugh.

How is Goochland?
It is actually a very nice place to live. We moved here kind of by accident 20 yrs ago. In that time, the schools have become top rated, and there is more of a middle class. Plus you're close to the west end, without all the traffic. But I think Mechanicsville is really well located. You're close to everything in Richmond, plus closer to the beach and Williamsburg. If you get a chance, try to get over to Carter's Mountain in Charlottesville. Go early in the day. The views are amazing, and apple picking is fun.

Awww, I understand. I still think fondly of my first apartment, and when I'm in the area have been known to drive by it on occasion just to see what's changed and what's still the same. :) Our current house is not in an area I really want to live and space is tight -- We joke that we've been wanting to move out since before we bought it -- but even still, I know there will be some tears when the day comes that we do finally move. You can't spend so many years in one place without making some good memories. Best of luck. :hug:

Thanks again everyone. I have been going through mounds of old pictures ( my mom passed almost 3/years ago ) so now I am going through her old pics. Memories...

A couple of my neighbors are throwing me a good bye cook out tomorrow, lol.

A friend took me out to lunch today at our favorite pizzeria and got teary eyed . but it will be only an hour away.

@kirstenb1: thanks for the tip. Have you ever been to Maymont park in Richmond?/wow.

Richmond has many nice museums and I know how to get to them from my ex's house.

Yes, Maymont is awesome! Also, Virginia Museum and Virginia Historical Society Museum. If you like touring historic houses/mansions, there is Agecroft, Wilton, and Virginia House. They are really worth the time. Short Pump Town Center is a huge mall, and pretty upscale. You'll have to check out Flying Squirrels games next spring. Very inexpensive and entertaining!

You got this!! I am always in awe of people who take on new adventures. You are awesome! I am a very sentimental person, and have always missed the homes I have left, even if I am excited for the future. I will actually go through and take pictures of each individual room, even things that might not seem "picture-worthy" to anyone else, but meant something to me. I did this when my mom moved from her house even though I had never lived there, because it is where my son took his first steps and I had so many happy memories of hanging out there with my mom and my son. (This sounds like my mom passed away, she didn't and is only 20 minutes up the road from me now, but see? Sentimental! LOL) Your new home will become just as dear to you as the home you are leaving, and you will have wonderful memories to look back on.

@keri125: thank you I don't feel awesome right now lol. This used to be so not a thing when I was younger and part of a military family.

Our last house, ugh hated the area gum shots were so normal I got used to it. Only there for a year and a half. This house though... Ianother story, I brought my dd and dgd home from hospital when they were born, my mom passed away here.

I had to stop myself today saying this will be the last Monday I am here lol. Then I went to the mall and saw like 3people i know and 2/moved kind of where I am moving to lol.

Packing sucks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter