Son of...No AP rates yet 4/19/3

d-r

<font color=red>l|ll|||ll||ll||<font color=purple>
I had to start a new thread because I respect the request of the AP thread that it be only those people who have actually called, but I couldn't let this go without throwing my 2 cents in, sorry for that....

SAKPEG99OKW wrote:
Why bother, I am so disgusted with the whole ap situation. I mean, I know Disney dose'nt owe us anything, but if you are going to offer discounts why not just announce them. I am sure that since room discounts are an advertised perk of ap's why not just post them all at once and let everybody get back to their lives and away from this xxxxx computer screen, waiting and hopeing for discoutns.....

Scott...They DO announce them - in the Mickey Monitor!! They will announce them just as they always do - the Dis or Mary Waring's isn't how Disney communicates wi th the AP holders - the way that they have available to communicate with AP holders IS the Mickey Monitor - that is why they mail that thing out....it is the avenue for that sort of communication.

DR

PS I would have bet that they would be released into the system today, except that it is Easter. I would give good odds on tomorrow, pretty good odds on Tuesday. Sunday a week from now is my third guess. I really just don't know how hard it is for them to put them in to the computer; if it is simple, I bet tomorrow, if it is hard, more likely Sunday or the end of the week. Just my guess.

Hello D-R.. All I can say is that thank goodness for boards such as this because I never received my last MM and from the sounds of things neither did alot of other people. I even called and requested one and still didn't receive it. So if Disney is going to use the MM to announce things such as AP rates then they really should mail one to everyone.

Originally posted by d-r
I had to start a new thread because I respect the request of the AP thread that it be only those people who have actually called, but I couldn't let this go without throwing my 2 cents in, sorry for that....

SAKPEG99OKW wrote:

Scott...They DO announce them - in the Mickey Monitor!! They will announce them just as they always do - the Dis or Mary Waring's isn't how Disney communicates wi th the AP holders - the way that they have available to communicate with AP holders IS the Mickey Monitor - that is why they mail that thing out....it is the avenue for that sort of communication.

DR

PS I would have bet that they would be released into the system today, except that it is Easter. I would give good odds on tomorrow, pretty good odds on Tuesday. Sunday a week from now is my third guess. I really just don't know how hard it is for them to put them in to the computer; if it is simple, I bet tomorrow, if it is hard, more likely Sunday or the end of the week. Just my guess.

I think you are right they will be in Monitor for dates after July 4. I don't think we will see anything offered for dates before that

The problem is the dates announced in the MM are usually effective a couple months in advance, not the same time as the MM comes out. So you would have expected April 27 to July 3 to be in the February MM as it was last year. I would expect the ones in the May MM to be for after July 4. If they aren't having any from April 27 to July 3, why don't they just say so rather than having people calling everyday asking.

I never received my Mickey Monitor. If the AP rates would be in the May issue does anyone know exactly when that issue comes out? Does it come out late April or early May? I am getting worried because we leave May 9!:confused:

And, while my money is good enough for Disney to take it, the Mickey Monitor doesn't get mailed to Canada. :(

i have my final payment due to wdw on may 18 and i am waiting for the AP rates also. hopefully, they will save me a few dollars, but if not i am happy w/my rate at the wilderness lodge.:p

There was a long discussion about the MM as far as notice of AP rates being published not too long ago. While the MM is the "official" way that the AP rates are made public, the news that AP rates are available is usually posted here and on several other sites long before anyone actually receives a copy of the MM.
In fact, I read the MM online 2-3 weeks before we receive ours!

Lots of people had ideas as to how that could be. I lean towards the theory that once they decide the dates they put them in the computer. That happens at least before the MM is mailed out or perhaps even printed. So, since people call daily for weeks on end checking, they find out AP rates are available well before anyone receives their copy of the MM.

It seems to me that by the time the MM is sent out to those who are lucky enough to actually get a copy, the AP rates are already well on their way to booking up. I don't know anyone who actually waits until they have a copy of the MM before securing an AP discount reservation.

Btw, not that I have any more insight than anyone else, but I wouldn't be expecting any May AP discounts. In fact, I'd be surprised to see any June codes either. If there are, it's certainly a change from the way they have put out codes in the past. I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good.

Originally posted by Debbie
And, while my money is good enough for Disney to take it, the Mickey Monitor doesn't get mailed to Canada. :(

Nor does it get mailed to the UK :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Could this mean Disney is rethinking May strategy??? Maybe we will get AP rates after all??

Signed-
Wishful thinking in MD

Hi Peachgirl - actually, I think I may have been the person on that previous thread who said that the AP rates get in the CRO computer before the MM's are mailed out, and that these get announced on sites like this one because people are calling and "hit" the day when they are released - that doesn't surprise me at all. My post was to comment on Scott's suggestion that they should announce the rates - they do, in the MM. Maybe I misunderstood what Scott was saying-

It doesn't really matter that web sites get the info out before any given person gets a MM; the MM is still the official way that Disney has in place to communicate with their AP holders.
DR

d-r thank you for you insights. I realize that the MM is the offical way of announcing AP rates, my overall concern is my 5/10/03 trip. since the old rated ended on 4/9/03 I would have assumed that Disney would have announced april-july rates right after the old one's ended.

Don't get me wrong DW and I have gotten our money's worth out of our AP's. 9 days last November and 9 more this May with another 9 days this september. But I would still like to see a AP room rate for May.

My initial post was out of frustration. I they were not going to have AP rates for most of april then why did'nt theyjust put in the last MM that new rates will be announced in May. That way all these poor people waiting for rates in April would have known.

Thats all.

Scott

Hang in there Scott, it may show up just in the nick of time

Originally posted by Spoisal
Could this mean Disney is rethinking May strategy??? Maybe we will get AP rates after all??

Signed-
Wishful thinking in MD

I think it means AP rates are less likely. If they extended hours, reservations must already be up with the codes they already released.

If nothing shows up by next week, I would say that's it. The current codes must be booked by April 26, which is Saturday. The new rate season starts Sunday, April 27.

I have 2 nights at OKW May 9 & 10 that I currently have a 25% DVC discount, I was hoping to get a better AP rate. Last year they were 40%-50%.

Originally posted by DebbieB

If nothing shows up by next week, I would say that's it. The current codes must be booked by April 26, which is Saturday. The new rate season starts Sunday, April 27.

So if I am there from April 27th - May 2 and an AP rate comes out on the 27th can I still apply it even after I am checked in? I have 2 rates right now. April 25 and 26th with DC rate and April 27-May 2, discounted with a code.
I was really hoping they would come out today!!!!

APs are out!!! APs are out!!!! APs are out!!!

Came out this afternoon. Check out new thread for details!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by DR:

"PS I would have bet that they would be released into the system today, except that it is Easter. I would give good odds on tomorrow, pretty good odds on Tuesday. Sunday a week from now is my third guess. I really just don't know how hard it is for them to put them in to the computer; if it is simple, I bet tomorrow, if it is hard, more likely Sunday or the end of the week. Just my guess."

Is my husband good or what!!!

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter