"sort of" newbie questions regarding reservations

kwbrad

Mouseketeer
Hi all - hubby, son and I went to Disney back in 2009. When it was time for dining reservations, we had already booked our room, had free dining as part of our package, so it was pretty straight forward.

This time around, we are going with family. We have not yet booked rooms, as we are waiting to see if the 30% shows up in October for spring at AKL. Our 180 day window is coming up, and I have some questions (some are probably pretty stupid, sorry)
  • At 180 days, I will be able to book any reservations for that day, since I do not have reservations yet, right? So I will need to get online and book reservations several days in a row
  • I want to book for everyone in our party (6) because we will be dining together. Once we are there for dinner, will they split the check for us?
  • If I am signed in to my account when I make dining reservations, they will be connected to the room and tickets when I add them, yes?

Thanks everyone for any help you can give

Yes
Yes
They'll be in the same MDE account, but ADRs aren't linked to the room or tickets in any way.

yes at 180 days you will be able to make reservations for one day at a time.
I would book a room for your stay now so you can book 180 days +10 and then update the reservation to the promotion you want when they are released.

Dining reservations are not linked to room reservations, so if you cancel or change a room reservation nothing happens to the dining reservations and vice versa. The only thing that your room reservation affects is if you can make the 180+10 dining reservations. But once you make the ADRs they are not linked.

Another helpful thing I just learned is the best time to search for ADRs is between 9-11 PM EST or at 6 am EST. I have been able to get many different reservations doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter