Sort order of threads?

_19disnA

DIS Veteran
Am new to this forum and noticed that some threads show the OLDEST posts first, while others shows the NEWEST first which can be confusing if you are reading something from 2009 which is no longer accurate. Is there something in my profile I can change to always sort the threads with the NEWEST posts showing first?

I thought all threads show oldest first (post #1) with the most recent post at the end, possibly on another page.

Or do you mean the list of threads? "Sticky" notes are pinned to the top of a forum, even if older. These are threads that the moderator has decided are important info for quick/easy access. Otherwise, I believe the default is based on the most recent post in a thread -- so a thread may be 2 years old but someone replied to it an hour ago and it's listed near the top.

There are 2 ways to adjust the sort order:

By clicking on the light blue bar at the top of the list. Sort options include title, start date, number of replies, number of views, or date/time of last post. I have sometimes inadvertently clicked on the bar and caused a resort. You can click on the column heading to re-set.

Or another way to adjust thread sort order is at the bottom of the list. In light gray, below where it says "Showing threads 1-30 of 23,466." In the center is "Thread Display Options" and you can adjust the sort with that.

No, I am talking about the regular threads where people make comments. If a thread has over 200 pages to it, I most likely only need to read the most recent remarks and in some cases the comments made back in 2009 are probably no longer accurate. I just click the highest page # on a thread I want to review since there doesn't seem to be any global way to always bring up the newest remarks.

You're right. When you open a thread it will show the first post. When you read a thread, then reopen it, it will go to where you left off. If you want the most recent posts you need to pick the last page.

When you look at a forum page you will see threads with the most recent posts on them first.

Yes, I can see that in the recent threads I have looked at so it brings me back to those when I return. So you do get a combination of old/new pages depending on what you last reviewed.

Hello, I have the same question I think: the forum sorts threads with the newest posts to the top, but once one clicks on a thread, is there a way to have the newest posts appear first?

Not sure. This site uses the same underlying programming used by an unrelated forum I also use. Both of these seem to work in slightly different ways. I just click the LAST/NEWEST page of individual threads I find of interest. I really don't care what comments were made 5 yrs ago as often they no longer describe current practice. I stopped trying to figure out the sort order of individual items and just click the last page. Seems they should close really older threads to keep the discussions more current, but just depends on how they choose to run their site.

Hello, I have the same question I think: the forum sorts threads with the newest posts to the top, but once one clicks on a thread, is there a way to have the newest posts appear first?

If you have previously read that thread, it will automatically pop to the first new post. If you haven't yet read any posts on that thread, it starts at #1 regardless of how old/new the first post may be.

If you want to read the most recent post in a thread, instead of clicking on the thread title, click on the "Last Message" date/time to the far right in the listing: upload_2018-9-24_10-25-54.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!