South of Boston (south shore) folks, what do you use to get to Logan?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
For the past 4 trips, we have used a limo to get to Logan airport. We have had to use this option, because the time of our flights have been 7:00 am, so that means leaving at 4:30 am. I wouldn't ask family to get up that early to drive us. Logan Express (from Braintree) is also out because we're returning at about midnight and you'd have to take a cab. Out of the question with DH. The limo is so expensive compared to towncars in Orlando! So what do you use to get in there, do you drive and risk not getting a spot in the garage? Just curious, thanks.

what about staying at the Hampton Inn right up the road from Logan, you can leave your car there while you're on vacation and they'll shuttle you to the airport terminal and pick you up when you come back.

We flew out of PVD and stayed across the street at the Radisson... this is the only way I'd go for an early flight again. It's worth the money.

Good Luck.

mmm...I wonder if that would save me any money? I'm spending about 190.00 (with tip) round trip for the limo. How much is the Hampton Inn for one night? Would I call when we land back in Boston late at night, and they would just come and get us? Also, do they sleep 5 in a room?

I paid $159 for the Radisson Park N Fly in Providence. we had 2 queen beds, I'm not sure what the limit/max is per room. You could get some more info online I suppose.

When we got back PVD, I called when we got all our luggage together and they were there in 5 minutes to pick us up and drive us back-- right to our car. They have a 24 hour shuttle.

It was nice to stay the night before we flew out, I didn't want to get up at 3:30 a.m. either to drive down to the airport (in snow). So to me the $$ was worth it. If you stay at a local hotel, you won't have to worry about parking either.

You should do a hotel search on travelocity, that's how I found all the PVD hotels. I know that there's a Hampton Inn right near Logan, it's actually in Revere (right on the line), because my daughter had stayed there the night before she flew out for her Disney Cruise, then she stayed there again before she went to Hawaii .... BUT one of her friends works for Hampton Inn, so she got a really good deal the 2nd time staying there!!

I've been wondering this same thing! When we took our family trip last year, we used a limo...not even a nice limo, and it was $$$$ more than the beautiful, new, white stretch limo we had from TiffanyTowncar!

I wonder how much a taxi is to Logan from Bridgewater?? :rolleyes:

Jillpie...we have done it every way possible. Another possiblity is to park you car at the Park n' Fly right down the road from Logan . They always have available spaces, you can even make a reservation, and they shuttle you over to Logan. It is cheaper than parking right at the airport. There are usually discount coupons available on their website which if I could remember I would direct you to. Last time we went we used a limo [7 women so the cost was not a factor] and it was great not having to drive, also have stayed at the Hilton and Hyatt,and as nice as it is to be right there in the am I preferred the limo.In Sept my DH and I just drove up and parked at Logan and hopped on our plane. It is the part of going that I really dislike...we live on the Cape so we get up even earlier!! All worth it though to be at the World by 10:30 or 11:00 am !!!!

We have used Veterans Livery, they are in braintree, they picked us up in a beautiful town car, it think it was 40 each way from weymouth to logan.

I think a cab was around 35-40.

Patty

Another spin on Logan Express type transpo.

There is a boat in Quincy--www.HarborExpress.com

Parking is reasonable ($6/day). Takes about 25 minutes from Quincy to Logan, then get on a Massport shuttle to your terminal.

I've used this the past 3 times out of Logan, and will not ever drive again!

Debbie

When we flew out of Logan in the late 90's we used Logan Express and then when we flew out of Logan in 2000. we used Harbor Express right here in Quincy!

We have decided not to use logan anymore we rather take the trip down to TF Green in RI!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

holiday in at logan is another option. We got this one for 64/night on priceline last april We didn't keep our car there but they do have that program as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter