Southern School release dates

Cookie Princess

DIS Veteran
We are trying to plan a trip after Easter ends in 2019, and before the school year ends for the southern schools to avoid some of the crowds. I know this is sometime in May. Does anyone know what week in May this will occur? I know the kids are released before the Northern schools which is mid-end of June. THANKS!!

I’d say, generally, most schools release at the end of May on.

We went to Universal in May during low season, but it was still busy. You have to plan around Memorial Day, Mother’s Day, and then later in May, college trips and end of school year festivities.

If I did it again, I’d try to go at the beginning of May/end of April, but bypassing Easter.

We are trying to plan a trip after Easter ends in 2019, and before the school year ends for the southern schools to avoid some of the crowds. I know this is sometime in May. Does anyone know what week in May this will occur? I know the kids are released before the Northern schools which is mid-end of June. THANKS!!
A number of northern schools end in May before Memorial Day. More and more now start early August and end in May because of testing dates.

Touring Plans takes into account the largest school districts schedules when creating the crowd calendars. Maybe you could get an idea from those.

IMO schools systems (both public and private) are so all over the place it's hard to really answer the question specifically. But just a quick sampling of some of the major public school systems in a large metropolitan area in Georgia:

5/22/19
5/23/19
5/23/19
5/22/19
5/29/19
5/24/19
5/24/19

Memorial Day is 5/27/19

But the weather is May is usually fantastic, and while there may be crowded days/parks here and there, most any time from end of April to end of May is a great time to visit. We’ve been Mothers Day and Memorial Day, and both were very good.

I think early May is excellent time to go. Crowds are great. it's after all the april breaks, but before schools start getting out. Weather is beautiful too.

School lets out in our Mississippi school district on May 24th. Kids with perfect attendance or all As and Bs will get out a week earlier.

In Texas, and it's getting later than it used too...we're getting out on June 6th this year. But it's also a lot more variable among districts than it used too. Many get out a week before we do.

We went last year after school let out..so around June 7th. Crowds were fine as far as summer goes...It wasn't too bad. I think later June was even better for crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!