Southwest military discount

Duckyiam71

DIS Veteran
I am probably the last person to know this....Southwest gives military discounts! :banana: I called last night about something else and asked. she said yes! BUT it is not available on all flights. The discount is not a percentage but a dollar amount and that even changes with the flight. What I did was look at the days I wanted to travel online and asked her what kind of discount I could get. On the day I was flying I save an additional $50 per ticket! I love SWA!

I didn't know that. And neither did DH.

Nice!
So I take it you have to call though and can't find the military price online?

Yes Silent1..you have to call..if you can, be online at the same time so you can compare the prices. They will just ask for your military id at check in. I hope this helps.

Its really cool information. SWA is great. My uncle is in it I am going to call him for this. Thanks for this info.

Is it only for the active duty member or is it also for dependents/retired that have a military ID?

Trip- When I called it was just for me and the boys(dependents). My husband will be deployed and she told just show my id. I would definately call..it is the only way to get the discount and run past any scenarios past them. The rep I had was super friendly and was trying everything to get me a cheaper flight. I really do love SWA. We were in the airport picking up my son-DS10 traveling alone on another airline. My husband in uniform and I walked past the SWA gates...the SWA attendants came running over with bags of goodies. It was military appreciation day for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter