Southwest no dates past 4/4 ?????

tripletvan

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what is going on with Southwest Airlines? For two months I have tried every day to book flights home to BW for later in April and there are none posted past April 4. I called and talked to a nice lady who said that these dates were released on Dec 6 last year and she has no idea why they haven't been released yet. Does anyone out there have a clue?

I'm waiting too. I'm not very patient and have to keep checking the site 2-3 times a day. Hope it's soon.

Cape May is our Summer vacation "home". We rent unfortunatley. you can make reservations for groups of 10 or more which is what we are doing tentativley. Wanna fly out off LI?

Thanks for the invite Tripletvan but I already have my Easter flights on Spirit from AC. We are going to bring down my two sons for Easter. One from BWI and the other from PHL(or BWI if itsa lot different)
Interesting though, I always wondered why the promotional fares are always booked when the new flights are announced at Easter.
Glad you like Cape May, we love it here.

earlier this week. I am looking for May 31-June7. No one in either Reservations or Customer Service claimed to have a CLUE when schedules are "opened up". Customer Service desk said they only find out on the day of release, but the Reservations desk claimed they usually know a day or two in advance. In my experience the best indicator that these are about to be released by Southwest is when ALL the other airlines drop their fares on routes that compete with SWA. The other airlines seem to find out approximately when SWA is releasing their schedule and put their fares on sale to snatch up customers waiting to buy. If you suddenly see airfare specials that are beyond April 4th, rest assured that SWA is about to release those dates!!

Does anyone know what time of day they usually update the website with the new dates? I am looking for Easter week (I know... "good luck").
Thanks
Ellen

I called today. The agent said she's heard very soon and to keep checking. My guess is sometime before Christmas. You know people might want a last minute gift. Hint,hint.

Was that a hint that they might be out soon? If so, is it based on rumor or a pretty good source? Please pardon me, I'm obsessed! I'm actually considering buying some type of wireless internet service, just so I can get tickets for late April in case they come out while I'm out of town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Southwest has dates available through May!!! Now all I need to wait for is a sytemwide savings sale and we can buy tickets. Hooray!!

Our return date is June 7th!!! Arrrgh. Same thing happened last year to me, but everyone else is dropping their fares to match the SWA rates, so I should be able to book Continental or Delta at the same price!!!

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to get a promo rate of $61 each way for my Easter trip!!!!!

They are out!!! I was able to get the promotional fare down but had to take the slightly higher fare (discount fare ) back for my son. But it was still under $200 dollars. Hurray!!
By the way last nights hint was just from a SWA telephone agent who said they were told it would be very soon and to keep checking frquently. Good hint. I'm not sure when they were published I checked this morning at 9 and they weren't out and I checked at 2:15 when I got home from work and many of the Easter flights" promotional fare were already booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter