Southwest Nov & Dec release watch thread

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
I know there has to be one. This is the Dis after all --- but i'm having a blonde moment & can't find it. TIA

Current flights are through 10/30/2020. On 5/28/20, they're supposed to extend schedules to 1/4/21 - always subject to change. But it's been the same for a few weeks now, so maybe it will happen.

Sorry - meant to include this. If you go to their site and go to the bottom of the page - click on Flight Schedules. The info is in there.

Thanks for this thread! Have really been waiting to see what their schedule and prices will be for Christmas. JetBlue is crazy expensive, but their cancellation policy may be worth it..

I will be booking an early Dec flight when SW opens, but will be booking with points only in case I have to cancel later on.

I've been waiting forever!! I had checked a month ago and they were originally going to release flights on 4/28, so I got super excited. Only to check two days before and it was pushed back to 5/28. Hopefully this one sticks.

We're debating if we want to add more days to our December trip and it's going to come down to flight "costs" (we're booking with points).

Is it better to book with points? I don't normally fly Southwest so I haven't accumulated any. I could transfer points from my travel card if thats a better route to go though

yes... what happens if you book with points? it just goes back to your account?

Is it better to book with points? I don't normally fly Southwest so I haven't accumulated any. I could transfer points from my travel card if thats a better route to go though

I prefer to book in points for flexibility. If there's a price drop, or I need to switch to a different flight, any points get refunded back to my account. No dealing with travel funds that expire in a year. Points never expire so it just provides a lot more flexibility.

Points are more flexible. As mentioned if a reservation is canceled or modified to take advantage of lower fares, the points immediately go back into your account.

Also, unlike Travel Funds, points can be used/reused to book flights for anyone - not just the original traveler.

That said, it is usually not cost effective to purchase points. Even when SW has a 40% sale on buying points, you're going to spend more money for them than it would cost to just pay cash for the flight.

So there's a trade off: cost vs flexibility.

Steve

Thanks! I will keep my fingers crossed that my December flights on Southwest aren't 40,000 points (one way!) like JetBlue!

Points go back to your RR account. You can choose a refund of the 9/11 fee. But anything paid for EBCI is forfeited.

This is why I haven't paid for EBCI. Our trip is planned for late September early October. I don't want to be throwing a couple hundred dollars down the tubes in case we end up cancelling.

My recent flights last couple weeks I got A boarding for the first time ever. No need to pay extra for early boarding. I think there were 50 passengers max on each flight. We all pretty much got our own rows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter