Souvenirs that you actually use at home

I am so making a new shopping list. I'm already thinking that trivet and the cogsworth/lumineirre (sp?) are a must do. Keep 'em coming. Surprized no one mentioned the popcorn buckets! we get a new one each trip. I honestly use them to keep the plastic silverware in & they come out for every party. :rolleyes1 I have an awesome disney bag I just got last december. Too many ornaments to count including one we get for each trip. I have a cute mickey & minnie kissing salt shaker set. and several of the canvas disney prints hanging in the bedroom. I just love them. Im thinking the pups might need some disney bandanas if I can find them the next go round.

Disney Christmas ornaments, but I admit I buy online at Disney Store after "window shopping" in the parks so they don't break. I love them because they are actually something we use, and love looking at each Christmas on the tree! Also Disney sunglasses are awesome for year round use, and every time I grab them to put on, it's nice to think of Disney! :)

Ack - I almost forgot!! My daughter gave me the Mickey Ice Cream Bar and Rice Crispy Bar salt and pepper shakers for Christmas! SO cute!!

Mickey spoon holder, beer opener, trivet, beach towel, earrings, small wallet (not my every day wallet but it's my wallet when I condense and take a smaller purse). Looking forward to what I will find this trip!

Now that I've returned from my trip, I've found that I am greatly enjoying my souvenir glass that I got from Trader Sam's Grog Grotto. Filled with ice, it holds a Budweiser margarita quite nicely! It's the one that you get when ordering the "Hippopotomaitai".

Trader Sams 75.jpg

Last edited:
Always buy a christmas decoration, keyring and a mug and thankfully they have always made it back home in one piece.

Dish towels: bought a 2 pack at BC's gift shop last summer. They have the FL orange bird (ads from my childhood), 100% cotton, waffle weave. Love them, use them daily in the kitchen.

I have a few art prints (Really want to see if they're selling the Wishes print yet!) The ones that we use are the mickey head metal bowl (sometimes fruit, sometimes mail, etc),Mickey and Animal Kingdom cereal/ice cream bowls, and Mickey head wine glasses (a few red, a few white--a few have broken :-( ) 7509055880377.jpgf7d755388b38c7143c675b5589bdd857.jpgAnimal-Kingdom-Plates-and-Bowls.jpg

400006878625.jpg

I have a winestopper as well that I use a lot too :-)

I've got shot glasses and a wine bottle stopper, but my very favorite is my Mickey Mouse pasta bowl.

I use my Disney pens almost every day. I also use my Minnie tote bag and Disney beach towels frequently. I bought the tote and towels in a past promotion they had where you can buy the item when you spend a certain amount.

Souvenir cups and popcorn buckets. Use them all the time (until I began this diet that knocked my popcorn off the menu)

Souvenir cups and popcorn buckets. Use them all the time (until I began this diet that knocked my popcorn off the menu)

Speaking of souvenir popcorn buckets, does anyone know of a site, blog, Facebook page, etc. that lists which buckets are currently available and where?

Our trip starts on June 13th and I'd like to get what I'd consider the "best one" available. I know HS has had Star Wars ones in the past, most recently a Tie Fighter I believe. Anyone know if the Han Solo Carbonite one is still available?

Speaking of souvenir popcorn buckets, does anyone know of a site, blog, Facebook page, etc. that lists which buckets are currently available and where?

Our trip starts on June 13th and I'd like to get what I'd consider the "best one" available. I know HS has had Star Wars ones in the past, most recently a Tie Fighter I believe. Anyone know if the Han Solo Carbonite one is still available?

I was there last week. Epcot had a bucket with the big 4 in astronaut uniforms as well as the lotus blossom bucket. AK has one that looks like a tribal drum (it's fuzzy!) as well as one with a picture but I forgot what the picture was. Magic kingdom has Cinderella cairraige and a barnstormer themed one. HS has the tie fighter as well as one with Mickey as Indiana jones.

Those are all I saw.

O.k. when I was 4 years old and in the early 80's my parents bought each of us a glass with a Disney Character on it. I remember my dad saying, "In a few years once the characters ware off they will make great bear mugs." I still have that mug and use it once in a while. I think that says something about the quality of Disney's merchandise. When I did my Disney program in the late 90s I bought my mom 2 bowls with Mickey heads on them, new glasses from Arribas Brothers, bear mugs, and a mouse pad. Oh I just remembered on that same trip (my first trip) my parents got the glasses for each of us we sat for portraits which are still hanging in their room. When we went back four years later my parents wanted to get updated ones. They saw the black reflection portraits in Liberty Square but not what they have hanging in their room.

We have the Starbucks You Are Here mugs from MK, AK and Epcot (we don't do HS anymore, but may add that if we ever go back) and we use those pretty much every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter