Souvenirs that you actually use at home

I use our resort mugs every morning for coffee.
Other souvenirs we use often are a set of salt and pepper shakers, wine bottle stoppers, souvenir cups from Gaston's Tavern, and Disney Croc flip-flops.

I am also a souvenir addict. :goodvibes

And I am a cap guy, so I have a ton of Disney caps in all colors and prints from over the years. From AP specific merchandise to seasonal caps, to character (Mickey) caps in my collection. And the best part of collecting them is that I use most of them throughout the year. They go with every outfit combo that I have! :rainbow: :laughing:

Those are my best buys as souvenirs, as the t-shirts have gone washed out and lost their fit. Mugs get too used and worn (something with the hard plastic that doesn't hold over the years - great quality though!). :coffee:

Wow, I am so impressed that you managed 17 years with the same mug! It's a running joke every year when I buy a mug how long it will be before I chip it or, even worse, break it. I can be a little clumsy. It costs me a fortune in Disney mugs but at least I get to choose a new one every year.

I am SOOOOOO PICKY about the mugs though for that very reason!!! Some of them chip MUCH more easily than others!!! Doesn't matter how cute, I won't get that type because then I'm perma-sad when I wreck it...which is inevitable. :D

Some of my favourite souvenirs are our "celebrating" buttons (birthdays, anniversary, honeymoon...), I buy the little magnets off Amazon and turn the buttons into magnets for our fridge, they make me smile when I see them. They are also surrounded by other magnets. We also use our Disney mugs and trivet every day. I have a silver Mickey necklace that I adore and a BB-8 bangle too. I love that they add a little bit of subtle Disney to my day!

I love that idea!!!! I"ll be stealing it!!! :D

I have a Haunted Mansion coaster I bought from Disneyland a year and a half ago that sits on my desk at work. I love it and it always makes me smile.

View attachment 221607

Also from Disneyland, I bought two matted prints that I framed and have hanging in my house. They're subtle, but fun. :)

View attachment 221608

Beyond those, I have a keychain right now from my last WDW trip, a bag that I'll eventually use as a carry on, and a few other things. I always go for the unique stuff.

That art though...right to my happy place.

I also use the refillable mugs every day for coffee on my way to work and at camp. Shot glasses I always buy and use. I hate junk and clutter, so I'm not a big shopper when we go away.

Best WDW souvenirs for me that I actually use. Hmm. 1st place would be a tall glass container (I think it was designed for pasta) with etched mickey ears. I use it to keep dog treats in so they don't go stale. Best thing is that I found this at the thrift store, so I only paid $2 for it! Second place would be the bag I carry exercise clothes in. I found a Dooney Bourke Nightmare Before Christmas backpack at the outlet for $50 several years ago. It still looks brand new and is exactly the right size for a change of clothes and shoes. 3rd place - resort mugs. They're well made and the lids are interchangeable. The only drawback is that after a while you have too many.

I've used this Mickey mug twice every day for the last 12 years.
But, the souvenir I use most is my Disney-infected attitude.

Attachments

• Mickey's Coffee Mug.jpg
    Mickey's Coffee Mug.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 3
Another coffee mug addict over here! Hubby and I both used our refillable resort mugs for coffee every day after our Disneymoon to keep the magic alive- that is until he lost mine >:( But now, about 4 1/2 years later, the plastic on his has warped a bit from continuous rounds in the dishwasher and the lid doesn't want to seal properly :worried: On that trip he got himself a really awesome mug shaped like the Mad Hatter's hat that he uses nearly every Saturday morning. And I got a travel mug which is my favorite thing in the world- it has a picture of Yoda wearing Mickey ears staring up at a "you must be this tall" sign and says "Judge me by my size, do you?" :rotfl2: I love it because I'm short too! (But not too short for any of the rides, though Hubby sometimes makes me stand next to the measuring sticks "just in case" as his favorite joke :rolleyes2 )

Souvenir cups and popcorn buckets. I drink from one just about every day. Whenever I buy a bag of popcorn or candy, I dump it in one of my buckets. They're pretty cheap too.

Favorite souvenirs
  • Mickey trivet
  • Mickey coffee scoop
  • Mugs
  • Christmas ornaments (my 2 favorites of those are - "spinning" silver nested Mickey heads that says "Disney Vacation" in the center & my husband had the year engraved on the other side & a snowflake made out of wrenches from Carsland)
  • Disneyland binder clips
  • Disney resort pens
  • Trader Sam's shirt
  • Super soft Mickey sleep socks
Not so happy with the post-it notes I've purchased. I've tried 3 different sets & none seem to actually stick :(

Not so happy with the post-it notes I've purchased. I've tried 3 different sets & none seem to actually stick :(

I guess I've been lucky, then. Before I retired, when I taught school, I used to buy sticky notes and they always stuck. My favorites were the ones in the shape of Nemo. I also bought a big eraser that had a picture of Goofy on it and said "For big goofy misteaks" Since I retired, I haven't bought much. DH even put a ban on any more WDW coffee mugs!

We have had two Mickey dish towels for years. A stuffed Figment magnet hangs out on our refrigerator. It's fun to pose him and move him around. I really like a Disney photo frame with a picture from a family trip over 10 years ago.

My kids loved to trade pins years ago, but now I choose some to use as pushpins on our kitchen bulletin board. Their lanyards are tucked away in their rooms, but having a few pins out for all of us to see is a nice way to keep those memories alive! I switch them out every few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter