Space Mountain w/ Lights On !!!

punch57

Mouseketeer
Just got back we were riding TTA on Wednesday July 7 and i noticied i was seeing things i did not normaly see at space mountain. when we got to the bid open area the SM ride had stopped and the lights were on. I was so in shock from seeing SM in the raw that i forgot to take a picture !!! :( ANYBODY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED :confused:

We saw this, too last month. Our picture didn't take. It reflected off the glass. :(
Funny to see, though. Looks pretty tame in the light!

I saw the same thing in 1999. Very different with lights ON. The CM's said to us there are sensors on the tracks for safety. Someones hat HIT the sensors and the brakes went ON with the lights. Poor CM's had to PUSH start the cars to clear the tracks.SM is ALL gravity motion after the first climb up.We got to ride on it again bcuz of the problem. I liked the lights OUT better!

WELCOME JEDI!!

I agee its better in the dark but i think everyone should ride at least once in the light just for the experience. It happened to me in 2001 i think. I dont remember exactlly the date but when i asked what happened they told me the same... hat fell off and set the brakes and lights. I got some pictures some place but i misplaced them. HOW COULD I LOSE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!?!?! Car keys.... thats all the time but SM with lights!?

We had the same thing happen on our last trip, we saw it with the lights on during one of our (many) trips on the TTA. I told DH after seeing that the next time I rode it I found myself ducking my head through the whole ride b/c I had seen how close together those tracks were! :p

Yes,

This happened back in 1988 or 1989 when SM was down for re-hab.

I managed to get a couple of pics from WEDway on the way round.

(I'll go and fetch the scanner and see if I can get the pics up).

Originally posted by Lollipop Mom
I found myself ducking my head through the whole ride b/c I had seen how close together those tracks were! :p

So if people raise their arms during the ride they'll lose their arms? I don't think the tracks are THAT close... or are they?

So if people raise their arms during the ride they'll lose their arms? I don't think the tracks are THAT close... or are they?

Nah, but they are close. Isn't that why they changed the ride vehicle to the bar that lowers down over you with the individual seats instead of the old bench you saddled? Didn't they have a problem with guests standing up? It is urban legend about someone hitting their head on the track?

The only time I saw SM with it's lights on was when I was on the TomorrowLand Transit Authority. It was a day of early open, and SM had not opened yet, so when the TA took us through SM, I saw it all! LOL I was a little shocked, but it was neat to see what it really looks like!

Definitely not! I didn't meant to make anyone feel concerned about that! It's just that it looks much more compact than your average roller coaster and when you've seen it and thought "gee those tracks look awfully close together!" and then ride it in the dark...well...the mind can play tricks on you with that I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter