SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. Personally I could care less what other people order and I myself would much prefer the flexibility of ordering multiple apps and drinks, or whatever, versus a fixed price meal. I was just responding to other posters who mentioned that Space will likely be price fixed based on the situation that occurred at BOG with people just ordering cupcakes. I do think Disney will try to prevent that from happening again by either making Space a fixed price or setting a per person minimum.
Out of curiosity, IS there a Disney restaurant that has a required minimum per person? I know there are several fixed-price ones, but I've never heard of one that requires a minimum order per guest. I figure if Space is as popular as BOG, they could always do the same and make breakfast/lunch QS and dinner TS. That compromise could meet a variety of budgets. Unless of course, it's already been established that it will be table service only? Either way, it looks pretty cool! I hope anyone who wants to experience it, gets the opportunity when it opens.

Out of curiosity, IS there a Disney restaurant that has a required minimum per person? I know there are several fixed-price ones, but I've never heard of one that requires a minimum order per guest.
Not that I’m aware of. Someone suggested it earlier in the thread and while I suppose anything is possible, it seems much more likely that it will be fixed price.

I totally agree that what one family does has no impact on another, but the reality is the it does impact the restaurants bottomline and the income of the servers who rely on tips. That doesn't mean a restaurant shouldn't allow people to order just dessert, but it's just one other thing to consider. I also hate prefix meals because I like to do things my way, but I can understand why Disney sometimes has to go this route with character meals or venues that are beyond the normal level of experience. Do we know if this is a Disney owned restaurant? I am assuming it is....

It will be run by the Patina Group (Morimoto Asia/Via Napoli/Tutto Italia)

I'm looking forward to an opening date and menu to be posted purely so we can come here for helpful information rather than speculation.
Completely agree. I pop over here every few days just for fun. I’m assuming the pages on Facebook will be more likely the immediate news I will need to book. The speculation has taken over this post. I am interested in booking this for April, I’m not worried about the fixed price speculation or ADR/no ADR, 1 credit or 2? If it is, we will just eat elsewhere- no big deal. I’d love to try the Artist Point character meal, but the reality is it’s just not a good move for our family and our food taste to spend that much on an “experience”, knowing that we aren’t going to eat much. Same here. It looks like fun, but only if the menu is good and I can get an ADR. Hoping for some REAL information soon.

We aren't planning on going to Disney until 2021, but I am still very anxious to read the menu! I am a planner and I want my restaurants picked out now.:hyper:

I would imagine it would follow similarly to Morimoto's given it's success. Dining Credits but also a substantial menu to compensate for non dining plans revenue loss. Alongside that would offer very prestigious foods for the deep pockets but also family capabilities with standard family type foods that aren't necessarily geared towards the big ticket items. Morimoto Asia does this perfectly and has seen success because of it. Can spend $60 and have a decent family meal, OR spend $350 on a nice fancy date type meal. Disney has always leaned on flexibility and Patina tends to follow that path as well. That would be my expectation for the menu, I wouldn't expect one side or another but a healthy availability of both.

We most likely won’t be eating there right away either. I’m due April 23 and that’ll be cutting it close

I guess the good news is that we don’t have to rearrange anything for our March trip! 😕
I'll wait to be disappointed until Disney Announces it's totally out for my Early March trip. We will hopefully be back in December but with my pick younger 2 so I might not be able to make this a priority

so much for me having to worry about this at all for our trip next month. At least with it this far off I don't even have to worry about trying for a potential soft opening or anything

Obviously I would prefer it be open for my trip but nice at least at this point to know to not even worry at all about it

We are there until 3/23. If they did do soft openings, how likely would it be they would have them on 3/22 or sooner?

We go again in July so I'd be okay with just waiting until then, I guess.

I’m disappointed we’ll miss this. We leave March 16, but we’ll be back in June. Something to look forward to for my DD’s birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!