SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought people were saying that when a WDW restaurant first opens it is a month or two before ADR's are accepted? So is it just walk-up until then?

I don't believe anything until it's officially announced by Disney. wdwinfo has been wrong before - remember when they told us Cali Grill was turning into a buffet and it turned out it was just a glitch on the website showing the NYE menu?
agree!! I find it hard to believe Disney would miss the opportunity to open (even a soft opening) this restaurant on February 20. And March 30 is simply not winter.

agree!! I find it hard to believe Disney would miss the opportunity to open (even a soft opening) this restaurant on February 20. And March 30 is simply not winter.
Keep in mind that the announcement originally said "later this year" in 2019, then changed to "winter". They can easily change it again to "March". Marketing and PR with a Feb 20 opening would of course be cool, but with the delays, sometimes it is better to open it right than just open it when it's not ready. Personally, I'm only in Orlando for 2 nights, and only 1 for the Epcot nighttime show, so we were really hoping to have dinner here on Feb 27. It looks like that won't happen, but it's not a killer. It would probably just have to wait for our big 2021 summer trip.

Called Disney on some other topic and asked the CM if there are any news re Space 220. She said that they now expect this restaurant to open in "late winter or early spring" but have no official date.
Nothing new really, but it looks like CMs have been told that "this Winter" might not be happening.

51 pages of posts, and we know exactly nothing more :drinking::drinking::drinking:. If you are reading this, just know, before you post, there is no menu, there is no set opening date, no one knows when they will accept ADR, and if you have any other question related to anything about Space 220 other than what is it's name and where is it located, the answer is, no one knows yet.

51 pages of posts, and we know exactly nothing more :drinking::drinking::drinking:. If you are reading this, just know, before you post, there is no menu, there is no set opening date, no one knows when they will accept ADR, and if you have any other question related to anything about Space 220 other than what is it's name and where is it located, the answer is, no one knows yet.
I thought a date was posted??? Maybe I should follow this thread a little more closely...

There have been blog posts that amount to rumor at this point, Disney has not made any official opening announcements yet.
Thanks! Sometimes those Disney rumors can run rampant; hard to keep up with!

Although there is no menu posted yet, is there any info on the type of food? My kid is a big nugget eater, so I'm hoping the menu is not too fancy. I'm hoping for Dippin' Dots as one of the desert items!

I thought a date was posted??? Maybe I should follow this thread a little more closely...
The only time frames officially announced by Disney have been "this winter" at D23, and now "early 2020" as listed in the current Epcot guide book.

Everything else has been rumor or speculation. The current expectation of a February opening began with a job posting that listed February 2020 as the opening date, and it then got repeated often enough that people started taking it as an official opening date.

The latest report of a March 30 opening date was reported in a DIS news post, but is just rumor at this point and not an official date from Disney.

Thanks! Sometimes those Disney rumors can run rampant; hard to keep up with!

Although there is no menu posted yet, is there any info on the type of food? My kid is a big nugget eater, so I'm hoping the menu is not too fancy. I'm hoping for Dippin' Dots as one of the desert items!
Nothing has been announced yet about type of food.

What is Space 220??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter