Spam/Scam?

Chili327

DIS Veteran
I got a call from this number (407) 827-6116 and they left a message that said stop by any DVC resort for a casual open house, also he knew I was staying at Kidani soon.

When I search google for that number it says “Robokiller” so I’m curious if really spam/scam or not?
Not that I care about any open house or special gift, just curious.

I don't know about the number, but I always get a call from my DVC guide when I'm going (either on my own points or in a hotel room) to let me know about open houses and gifts and any current deals. The DVC guide even knew when I was leaving on a Disney Cruise and recommended I stop by the onboard DVC kiosk for a new gift each day and that there were discounts to buy while onboard.

We get this too. It’s just a way to remind you to stop by the kiosks at the resort.

We bought at SSR about 18 years ago. We got a call first few trips. Nothing since. In fact, we stopped by a DVC desk in the spring and found out we didn't even have a guide anymore. They gave us to a guide who was in the open house at kidani, but have had no contact. Perhaps having our last purchase being when BLT open has something to do with it?????

What kind of gifts are people getting? We got a DVC pin and a 6 x8 50 page tablet that the DVC person acted like she was giving us a gold bar.

What kind of gifts are people getting? We got a DVC pin and a 6 x8 50 page tablet that the DVC person acted like she was giving us a gold bar.
Yea, im not going to any open house, or any kiosk to see what they want to sell me, nor do I want to carry home or pack a pin or tablet of paper. lol

When I googled the number, I get a hit for a thread from four years ago talking about the call from DVC, and a link to the DVC web page. It seems legit to me.

I don't remember the number, but my guide just called yesterday to remind that direct prices of RIV and VDH are going up on Jan 31st, so she was trying to get me to add on.

My guide retired 3 years ago, and I had not bought anything direct for more than 5 years before that, so I guess it's no wonder that my new guide, whoever that is, hasn't contacted me at all.

Not a scam because the call did not try to get you to pay any money, give out any personal information, or sign up for anything. Once in a while I do get a scam/spam call regarding my DVC points (the names of owners can be accessed by anyone), and it has only ever been an invitation to a meeting about “exiting my timeshare” (with whoever is behind the call clearly unaware of how easy it is to sell DVC points as resale).

Yes, i believe it was legit, but just weird that my phone automatically labeled it as "RoboKiller: Scam". I got an email after stating that were trying to get ahold of me. :)IMG_2569.jpeg

Robokiller is an app that labels scams/spam. If enough people report a number as scam/spam, you'll see that alert.

even if it's legit DVC, people might report it because it's unsolicited.

We bought at SSR about 18 years ago. We got a call first few trips. Nothing since. In fact, we stopped by a DVC desk in the spring and found out we didn't even have a guide anymore. They gave us to a guide who was in the open house at kidani, but have had no contact. Perhaps having our last purchase being when BLT open has something to do with it?????

I just bought VDH, but I haven’t gotten my gift yet. I think it’s a water bottle & one other item. I much prefer the gift I got when I bought AKV 10 years ago. That was 4 park hopper tickets…. It think they were for 5 days each.

Robokiller is an app that labels scams/spam. If enough people report a number as scam/spam, you'll see that alert.

even if it's legit DVC, people might report it because it's unsolicited.
Yea, but i don't have the app, so its funny how iPhone lists it automatically. lol

No worries on that number. Noticed it’s in my contacts list. Last year got a friendly DVC call from it before a cruise.

I got the call from that number a couple of days ago... going on a cruise this week. He made a point to tell me this is a special, direct DVC number. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter