Special ticket deal from Kissimmee-St. Cloud Visitors Bureau

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
From www.floridakiss.com:

Universal Orlando® Resort

An Offer That's Anything but Ordinary!
Buy a 2-Day Ticket, Get the
3rd Day FREE*!
Now, through this special limited time offer, you get a 3rd day FREE when you purchase a 2-Day Universal Orlando theme park ticket. Enjoy three days of unlimited park-to-park admission to BOTH Universal Studios® and Islands of Adventure theme parks!

Offer available only at www.universalorlando.com/kissoffer
*Must purchase by 05/31/02.

Anyone purchasing these tickets should read the more info page. I thought I had read all info carefully and purchased these(still have not received them) Thought I could use them on a short trip in December and then the other days on a longer trip in March. Did not realize that they must be used within a week. Now I am stuck with a 400 purchase I won't use. We do not do roller coasters and motion similator rides make us VERY motion sick so we will not want to spend three days in US in a week. I really thought I saw the phrase "unused days never expire" on this ad but guess I just "dreamed" it because I checked it again today and it is not there. It is a good deal for those who plan to spend three days there on a weeks trip. But for our family it is a waste of money.

I swear that they DID have that statement about days never expiring but I think they changed it. You now must use all days in a week. I purchased mine a few months ago when they also had 5 consecutive days for $99. Why would I want these passes when I could get 5 consecutive days. I called and I am waiting to find out if, in fact, I do have the unlimited passes since the passes themselves do not say anything on them about expiration or unlimited. They also plugged on tax and shipping to make the tickets $102.15 each.

Maroney-I also purchased the Kiss/St Cloud tickets and printed off the information regarding 3rd day free - it clearly states on my print out "unused days never expire". We also got these tickets in order to use our 3rd day next year. Here's the exact wording:

"Kissimmee-St Cloud Special Offer - Get a 3rd day FREE when you buy a 2-Day Universal Orlando Theme Park Ticket. Enjoy unlimited park-to-park access to BOTH US and IOA theme parks! Unused days never expire. Plus a City Walk Party Pass good for seven consecutive nights from the first day of use. Offer only valid for tickets purchased online.
-Unlimited park-to-park access--visit any of the parks on your ticket within the same day
-Substantial savings over separately purchased single-day admission
-Offer is only available through the online store
-Must purchase by 5/31/02"

In fact, I'm calling the 888# this week to order 2 more, since my older kids have decided to join us this year (I had to order through their service # originally) - glad I printed this out and will keep it with the tickets in case I run into any problems. If it would help, I'd be glad to fax you a copy - I printed it off the online ticket site and it has the following web address on the bottom: https://tickets.universalstudios.com/USRG/US/PackageInfo/301.htm

Aha! in going to that address I see that they definitely changed the offer ! - I will be calling them and will post their reply - They can offer another special with new limits, but can definitely not change the offer mid-stream!!!

OK, I called the customer service # and was told that the offer had changed from 'no expiration' to '6 days'. She said that they "reserve the right to change an offer and were doing so" - fortunately I had printed out the offer when I bought my tickets and she said to keep that copy with my tickets and the offer I was given would be honored. I don't get why they didn't just make a new offer rather than changing the terms of an existing offer - very confusing and somewhat deceitful IMHO - they should have kept the same terms for the run of the offer (till 5/31). So glad I saw this thread as I was about to order 2 more tickets and would have assumed that the terms were the same - saved by the Dis once again! I'm assuming that they have a date on which they changed things and only tickets bought before that date will not have an expiration limit. Go figure!:rolleyes:

Yes, this is very deceitful to say the least. Sure they can pull their offers but than PULL the offer don't just change the fine print. Something is very fishy about this so thanks for staying on it!

This is one gripe I do have with Universal - the multiple and very different ticket offers that seem to change in mid stream.

I too bought tickets last Dec. with the same "no expiration on third day" offer (to use one in Jan and the rest later this year). With all the other different types of tickets floating around, I printed the offer also off my computer. Glad I did - I'll keep it with the tickets!

I called the 888# this morning and the girl stated that since I purchased my tickets before the change to use in 6 days that my tickets would be honored as "unused days never expire". She said that the "system" would know which tickets they were.
I hope she knew what she was talking about.

I to saw the great price but at AAA. I called and they said it had to be used by 12/31/02. So I asked if they had any other ticket that did'nt expire, she said yes but they did'nt have the bonus day. So to make a long story short I bought a 3-day/ 2-park for 98 dollars this is still better thatn 50 for one day/ one park.

:confused: Now I am totally confused. I bought 4 tix in this offer (not smart enough to print out the paperwork, & keep it) we planned to use 2 days of 2 tix this october and then use 3rd sometime in future, but they are saying you need to use these tix within 6 days of 1st use? Can I use my extra 2 tix next year but using them within 6 days of each other? Thanks, gee this is sneaky? MKY:confused:

Here is what I have been told. The deal changed on April 9th. The website was changed on April 12th. The tickets that expire SHOULD have a sticker on them that says they are only good for 6 days. Hope this helps.

mkymouse- I have a print out of the original deal from the web site (dated April 11) that specifically lists "no expiration date" - would be happy to fax it or send a copy to anyone who would like to keep it with their tickets for future use (that's what they told me to do in case I ran into a problem using the 3rd day in the future- take the ticket and the copy to Guest Services).

When I got my tickets from this deal I locked them in the safe till I needed them. After all of this I took them out and looked closer. It did say in very fine print that they had to be used in 6 days. When I ordered them on April 13 the web site said "unused days never expire". Then sometime the next week it changed. So I call US. The folks at the ticket sale # told me to call guest services. I called and they took my info as a "complaint" I explained that I felt that I did not receive what I had bought. The lady kept saying the tickets were shipped to me on 4/16 and I reminded her I ordered on 4/13. Had a feeling the days were important. She said someone would be in touch with me. Someone called me back just 2 days later. He said the offer did change on 4/15. But since I ordered on the 13th I should have gotten the no expire tickets. He said to take them to guest services when I go to the park and I can get them exchanged for the "no expire" tickets. I am not using them till December and have had a change in our plans so we will have only two days there so I hope that what he says works or I will just lose a day. The difference in the tickets seems to be that the new ones do have a sticker on the front for your name and signature and state the expiration in fine print at the bottom.
IMHO this seems like a very "tricky" way to get you to spend your money. Personally I feel they should have cancelled the original offer and stated a completely new one instead of just changing the rules in the middle of the game.
Sorry so long.

Think I'm in the same boat as maroney495! Wish I could remember the exact date I ordered them on, cause dug my tix out too and have the same very small print notice. They say I bought them on 4-16 but I doubt it cause I did read the "fine print" when I ordered them. Very sneaky, may very well be last tix I buy for quiet a while, I can use these for the next 2 trips and may skip going to us & ioa? This is right up there with wdw canceling early entry etc... (after I bought my annual pass). MKY

Well, found in my "saved" mail my reciept for buying the tix and it is dated 4/13 so guess I just missed this and didn't catch it when I read it? oh well, these tix will last us a while anyway, now I can still use 2 of the days when ever right? and just the 3rd day within 6 days of the 1st? MKY (still confused):confused: :eek:

Well just re-read it and says ALL days must be used within 6 days of 1st use! Guess I will save them and use next year for a longer trip there. MKY:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter