Specialty restaurant reservations etc

waggles02673

Mouseketeer
Quick question. We are thinking of making the jump from DCL to Royal and were wondering how difficult it is to get say Dinner reservations at one of the Specialty Dinning locations? As first timers is it like Disney where we would have to wait till a booking window opens? Example: We are Platinum CC members on DCL so we can book reservations for dinning, excursions etc at the 120 day mark. Is it the same format with Royal?

Not difficult at all. Just log in to your cruise planner any time after you book the trip and make your reservations. One big difference from DCL is that everything you book has to be paid for when you book it, so you are buying the dinner when you make the reservation, not applying it to your onboard account.

On Oasis class you'd be able to book online before you get on board. I'm not sure when the window starts (or if there is a window at all) but we booked a cruise on Allure back in November-ish and we could book excursions and dining once our cruise reservation was confirmed. Note: Keep an eye out for discounts and cancel/rebook as needed.

Now, if you want to book shows on Oasis class the window opens up around 90 days out.

Am I correct that if you want to buy a specialty dining package that you have to wait to make specialty reservation on the ship? Or can you buy the specialty package online and then book specialty restaurant reservations online in your cruise planner?

You can get the packages online, but you'll need to book once you're on board. The important thing to remember is that you can go to ANY specialty restaurant (or I suppose guest services) and they can book ALL of the restaurants for you.

For example, on Harmony, the gentleman in front of me at Chops had a three night package and booked his groups' dates and times there. I had "first night done right" and wanted to book Chops, so they did that for me (I had been assigned to Jamie's).

Having said this, on Oasis Class, I think you could get seated at Chops, Jamie's/Giovanni's or Sabor without a reservation.

You can get the packages online, but you'll need to book once you're on board. The important thing to remember is that you can go to ANY specialty restaurant (or I suppose guest services) and they can book ALL of the restaurants for you.

For example, on Harmony, the gentleman in front of me at Chops had a three night package and booked his groups' dates and times there. I had "first night done right" and wanted to book Chops, so they did that for me (I had been assigned to Jamie's).

Having said this, on Oasis Class, I think you could get seated at Chops, Jamie's/Giovanni's or Sabor without a reservation.
Thank you this information is very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter