Spinoff - Food Quirks

How do you prepare it? My mom always made oatmeal in a way I have never seen anyone else make it, and it's delicious. We are Puerto Rican, so it has some strange ingredients. However, I am willing to bet you would like it.

Here's how you make one serving:
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup EVAPORATED MILK
1/3 cup water
2/3 cup regular milk
1 tablespoon sugar
Rind only (try to peel it on one piece) of one lime
1 cinnamon stick

Put everything in a saucepan and heat, stirring, until boiling. Turn off heat, lay towel over pan, cover with lid. Wait 10 minutes. Remove lime rind and cinnamon stick and pour into bowl. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon.

It is SO good, and not pasty and gloppy like most traditional preparations of oatmeal. It's more like a soup.
I don't make it - ever. No plans to start; I'm not very motivated to find a way to like it, but thanks anyway. :wave2:

Last edited:
I NEVER want a pickle put on my plate in a restaurant- I won't eat pickles on a burger- I DO like pickles and when I order a sandwich at Subway etc I ask for extra pickles.
Mayo should NEVER touch a piece of cheese- the thought is just disgusting to me.
I won't eat leftover potatoes- they taste different to me when reheated.
I can't stand green peppers cooked in ANYTHING, to me they take over and it's all I can taste (interestingly, my mother says my father said the same thing and I didn't really know him.) I also don't like them in a salad- BUT when I order a sandwich at Subway etc I do have green peppers. It is the ONLY time I eat them.
I always order the same sandwich at Subway etc..... roll, dry, with provolone, american and swiss (or whichever of the 3 they have), lettuce, green peppers and extra extra pickles.

I love the flavor of mango, but I can't handle the texture. I can eat freeze dried mangos, but not 'regular' dried mangos. I can't eat bananas, because my mouth gets tingly (like when you eat a lot of pineapple). I'm allergic to latex, and I think that affects bananas and mangos too. :banana: I love peaches too (smell and flavor) but again, the texture is a bit off putting (pears too).

I dislike avocados (both flavor and texture). Also quinoa (texture) and not overly fond of couscous. I despise mushrooms and olives (though I liked black olives when I was younger). I used to eat beef liver (cause dad made me) but now that I'm an adult (haha, almost the big 5-0), I will never again touch an organ meat. :crazy2:

I'm not rah rah over pork or chicken either. I'll eat them, they are ok, but I prefer beef or no meat at all. Except for bacon (especially Nueske's bacon :love: )...I'll eat that anytime. I like blueberries in muffins, or strawberries for shortcake, but I'm not a big berry fan; and never raspberries.

I am not a beer fan. I might sip one, but I'd rather have wine or a cocktail. Some of the hard root beers or cream sodas are good though.

I hate honeydew. I hate anything that touches it. If I were trapped on a deserted island with nothing but honeydew to eat, I would eat my own legs first, I hate it that much.

I eat everything in order, item by item. For example, give me a plate of chicken, rice, carrots, and green beans. I will eat all of the chicken first. Then the green beans. Then the carrots. Then the rice. Never will I eat a bite of chicken, then have some rice, then a few carrots, then go back to the chicken, then some green beans.... One item at a time. The only exception is foods that are intentionally "mixed" already, like poké bowls. In general, I will also choose the order I consume the foods in based on what I like, going from least favorite to favorite so that I end my meal eating the thing I like best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!