Spirit Jerseys?

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
Okay, it is only me, or does anyone else not understand the fascination with spirit jerseys?

About half the new clothing merchandise Disney releases seems to be this style, and I just don’t get it. I’ve never seen spirit jerseys anywhere here at home (Toronto area) so I’m guessing it’s an American thing? Or have I just not been shopping in the “right” stores? And what/where did the spirit jersey style come from?

For those like me who don't know what a spirit jersey is. "Spirit jerseys are large long sleeved shirts that are meant to have the oversized look to it. They are normally pretty simple, with a logo in the right corner and big words on the back. These shirts somewhat copy the look of sorority or fraternity shirts."

I think their popularity has a lot to do with their loose fitting nature. They fit everyone!

Maybe they should sell Disney hockey sweaters up here...

(I suppose I technically have one - a Paul Kariya Mighty Ducks sweater)

For those like me who don't know what a spirit jersey is. "Spirit jerseys are large long sleeved shirts that are meant to have the oversized look to it. They are normally pretty simple, with a logo in the right corner and big words on the back. These shirts somewhat copy the look of sorority or fraternity shirts."

I think their popularity has a lot to do with their loose fitting nature. They fit everyone!
Not me :sad2: I wish they fit me but I guess I’m just the wrong shape. They are loose on top and too tight around the hips on me.

I like the fit of them but I do not like the overly large in-your-face wording on the back. So I've picked up a few I thought were cute until I saw the back.

If it's an American thing, than this American needs a new home country, because I can't figure out why they're such a popular item at Disney, either. :)

I have a Winnipeg Blue Bomber One that I bought at a game last year, so they are around in Canada just not as popular. Pink also sells many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!