Split resort stay - magic band continuous?

csimon

Mouseketeer
I've sent this question to Disney directly but they're taking a long time to reply!

I've booked a hotel package at one resort for 9 days, but my airline has cancelled the flight out and put me on a flight a day early. It wasn't possible to add an extra night at the same hotel, so I've booked another hotel for one night at the beginning of the trip as a separate reservation.

I will get two separate magic bands for the hotels, but my park ticket package is only associated with the original reservation, therefore not valid for the extra day.

Considering both reservations and both magic bands will be linked to my single My Disney Experience account, can I go straight into a park on the beginning of the second day (the first day of the original reservation) using my magic band from the first hotel, or do I have to at least visit the check-in desk at the second hotel that morning to collect its magic band to "activate" the park ticket? The park ticket will be valid on that day, I just don't know if there's a trigger to say you've initiated your stay at the hotel by collection of the magic band.

I'm from the UK so won't get the magic bands mailed to me beforehand.

Thank you!

I've sent this question to Disney directly but they're taking a long time to reply!

I've booked a hotel package at one resort for 9 days, but my airline has cancelled the flight out and put me on a flight a day early. It wasn't possible to add an extra night at the same hotel, so I've booked another hotel for one night at the beginning of the trip as a separate reservation.

I will get two separate magic bands for the hotels, but my park ticket package is only associated with the original reservation, therefore not valid for the extra day.

Considering both reservations and both magic bands will be linked to my single My Disney Experience account, can I go straight into a park on the beginning of the second day (the first day of the original reservation) using my magic band from the first hotel, or do I have to at least visit the check-in desk at the second hotel that morning to collect its magic band to "activate" the park ticket? The park ticket will be valid on that day, I just don't know if there's a trigger to say you've initiated your stay at the hotel by collection of the magic band.

I'm from the UK so won't get the magic bands mailed to me beforehand.

Thank you!

You'll be able to head straight to the parks, no need to "check in" or pick up the other Magic Band.

ALL Magic bands listed as active on your account will work for everything including ones from any previous trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts