Split Stay Disney Resort and DVC Rental Question

deltadisney

Mouseketeer
I would appreciate any help or insight - we presently have a 4 night stay scheduled at a value resort and now have an opportunity to rent DVC points for the last 2 nights of our stay. We are 45 days out and have all of our fast passes. If we were to rent the DVC points now to make it a split stay and then cancel those days on what we currently have booked with Disney, will we lose our fast passes we already have locked in for the 2 days we are doing the split stay? I am just so confused with this, and am coming to the conclusion that even though it would be awesome to do the split stay and stay at a DVC resort, it may be too much trouble.

My understanding is that your fastpasses will stay in the system long enough for you to link your DVC Reservation number into your MDE account after you drop days from your cash reservation.

My understanding is that your fastpasses will stay in the system long enough for you to link your DVC Reservation number into your MDE account after you drop days from your cash reservation.

So, if I go ahead and book the DVC rental, pay for it and get my reservation number, enter all of that before modifying the present Disney stay and it will all link up? Is this common - just seems so confusing to me. Thanks so much for your help.

Yes, As long as you still have a reservation and enter it in MDE, you will not lose them.

They will only remove them if you don’t have an on-site reservation to cover those days. Since you are replacing them, you should be fine.

I would link the new DVC reservation number first, then cancel the two days from you current reservation. That way there is no time when you are without a valid on site reservation for your entire stay.

In reading, the folks who seem to have issues are those who cancel with nothing to replace it. You don't want to lose those hard to score fast passes!

There is a short "grace period" if you have FP booked on a stay and then modify it - as long as you link up an on-site stay within that grace period, your FP won't be lost. But also since Disney IT is not exactly the most reliable, it's better to get the DVC stay booked and linked in MDE before modifying your value resort stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!