Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

So in terms of split stays, we just did 8 hotels in two weeks. It was doable (we don't have kids), but you never really felt settled. We did spend 6 nights in the same hotel at the end of trip, which was nice. They only thing we would do definitely is to pack more strategically. So two hotels should definitely be fine.

Hi Everyone!

I am totally slacking on my pre-trip planning! Life has just been so busy. Thankfully the girls only have 2 more weeks of Swim Team. And then hopefully, things will calm down a tiny bit.

So, I THINK Andy and I are both in agreement on giving the triple stay a go! We both really like the idea of a true break in the middle of the trip. And really enjoying a deluxe resort. So, this is what I have so far...

Triple Stay_Round 1

I named it Round 1 to see how many times I change it! Should we take bets?

So, a couple thoughts on this so far....
  • I really like the way the new Pop Century Rooms look. I am not sure how we will like it, but staying there in the beginning really helps the budget. This would be a first for us staying at a Value. Has anyone stayed at one and used uber? This is Andy's strategy for staying there. He has become a Huge Uber fan!
  • I put Hollywood Studios on our checkin to the Poly day, figuring that was still at best a 3/4 day park. That way we can enjoy a swim that afternoon evening.
  • And then we should go to Magic Kingdom the morning we check out to take advantage of the monorail.
  • We would move to French Quarter after the Poly, which I know isn't great to go from a deluxe to a moderate, but I think we will be ok with it. FQ was really nice when we were there last year, and we know what to expect. And we will probably hit the parks those last 3 days pretty hard probably.
  • I am debating making it 3 Nights Pop / 2 Nights Poly / 4 Nights FQ since we like that better but I am not sure...
  • I threw in the restaurants that came to mind first, these will change I am sure.

I assume, I would need to do these as 3 separate bookings? I think I am just going to do them as room only for now. I am completely up in the air about the dinning plan. And I can always add that later.

And i saw that Southwest release airfare for our time frame, so I should check that out, and book some of this stuff soon!

I am sure it is a relief to have your hotel plans figured out! The triple stay will be fun, I think!

Just curious why you would opt for Uber when staying at Pop? I've mostly used it to go to Universal. We did use it once this past trip to go to AK.

I assume, I would need to do these as 3 separate bookings? I think I am just going to do them as room only for now. I am completely up in the air about the dinning plan. And I can always add that later.
Yeah, you need 3 separate reservations. At least for Fastpasses it's easy to book (the whole trip opens on your first check-in date). I had the issues with the dining reservations and split stay, but I don't know if that always happens.

I really like the way the new Pop Century Rooms look. I am not sure how we will like it, but staying there in the beginning really helps the budget. This would be a first for us staying at a Value. Has anyone stayed at one and used uber? This is Andy's strategy for staying there. He has become a Huge Uber fan!

I like the new rooms at Pop Century too! Do you mean an Uber from there to DS/meals at other resorts or to and from the airport? We end up using Uber a lot at the hotels especially if we have plans and the bus isn't coming quickly enough and it's always worked well. Although the only park I know where Uber drop off is, would be HS, I don't think we've needed to use it for any other park. We've also used it to and from the airport (mostly when staying at Universal but we'll use it for the Dolphin this year too), and that's worked fine too. The only issue we had was once we needed to get picked up from Kidani and the location went out as Jambo House, and the DS stop is on the far side of DS (behind Cirque) and is kind of a pain.

FQ was really nice when we were there last year, and we know what to expect. And we will probably hit the parks those last 3 days pretty hard probably.

I also saw recently that they refurbed the rooms at POFQ and I think it looks pretty nice! I don't think it was a full refurb, but the beddings, tvs, etc look new.

And i saw that Southwest release airfare for our time frame, so I should check that out, and book some of this stuff soon!

They release airfare so early lately! And if you don't buy it asap it seems to only go up from there. I think the dates are open through early March now.

We've stayed at Pop twice and for a value it was just fine. The buses were crowded since it is the largest resort, so uber is a great idea. We haven't done uber from a value but used it extensively from CBR last year and it worked like a charm!

And yes you'll have 3 separate reservations, though the system recognizes they all belong to you so you can make FP's for the entire trip at the 60 day mark for the first hotel.

Just curious why you would opt for Uber when staying at Pop? I've mostly used it to go to Universal. We did use it once this past trip to go to AK.
Andy is a bit of a bus snob... I think we will go down to the bus stop see what the line and wait is like and then decide whether to wait or call an uber. He loves Wilderness Lodge and taking the boat to MK. And staying at FQ was a big departure for him.

Yeah, you need 3 separate reservations. At least for Fastpasses it's easy to book (the whole trip opens on your first check-in date). I had the issues with the dining reservations and split stay, but I don't know if that always happens.
Did the guys from Backside of Magic get back to you?

I like the new rooms at Pop Century too!
I think the girls will get a kick out of the pull down beds.

Do you mean an Uber from there to DS/meals at other resorts or to and from the airport? We end up using Uber a lot at the hotels especially if we have plans and the bus isn't coming quickly enough and it's always worked well.
We started using uber from the resorts to the different parks if the wait and/or line was long when we were at FQ this past trip.

I also saw recently that they refurbed the rooms at POFQ and I think it looks pretty nice! I don't think it was a full refurb, but the beddings, tvs, etc look new.
When we were there, and we liked it then, so I figure we will like the new rooms too!

They release airfare so early lately! And if you don't buy it asap it seems to only go up from there. I think the dates are open through early March now.
Right? I feel like it used to be much later!

We always just took the busses, and we didn't find them too bad at all for the most part.
Thanks! Good to know. I did see or hear somewhere that Pop has the best bus service for a value. So, there is that!

We've stayed at Pop twice and for a value it was just fine.
I think that is what it will be for us. Fine.

e. The buses were crowded since it is the largest resort, so uber is a great idea. We haven't done uber from a value but used it extensively from CBR last year and it worked like a charm!
I am also hoping that with the new bus times in the app, that will help us figure out whether to call an uber or a take the bus. You will have to report if the app works or not.

And yes you'll have 3 separate reservations, though the system recognizes they all belong to you so you can make FP's for the entire trip at the 60 day mark for the first hotel.
That's what I figured.

Hi Everyone!!!!
I booked our trip tonight!!! Woo Hoo!

I got to see this 3 times!!!!
Booked It!

I sent Andy this (with pricing on it) and we talked about it shortly.
Booked It!

And he said he was ok with trying the triple split stay. So, we are going for it!

So, we are going to fly in and start off at Pop Century!
Booked It!
This will be a first for us. I booked a preferred room, it wasn't too much more and I think it will make everyone happy staying there! I also booked the dinning plan for us for this part of the trip. So, I will def go down each morning and get coffee and maybe a Bounty Platter for us to share in the room while we get ready.

Originally I was thinking we would take the 5:00 Southwest Flight out but now, I am thinking maybe we take the 11:00-ish one, and then we can hit Disney Springs that day. I don't think we will make it otherwise. It would be nice to have a slightly better expeirence than last time down there. And now that I have typed all of this, I really want to do that!

On our 4th day we will check out of Pop Century, and move over to the Poly!!!
Booked It!
I am SO excited about this!!! The girls will also be super excited! They have been talking about that pool and splash area ever since we had dinner at Ohana.

We always try to have a true rest day, and we always fold and add another park day. But I know that this will def keep us at the resort and rest!

So, speaking of that, I know that your credits are good till midnight the day you check out. I wonder if checking in a room only reservation will mess anything up? I def think we will have credits to use.

We will spend 2 nights at the Poly and then move over to French Quarter.
Booked It!
This won't be as exciting, but we will be going back to the parks, so it won't be as important. But we really liked French Quarter last time, so it will be fine to more back down to a moderate.

The rest of the trip, we will pay out of pocket for food, which I think will be fine. It will kind of be the best of both worlds. I plan on def keeping Ohana and BOMA during the dinning plan portion, since Morgan will be charged as an adult. And I am going to try and put the meals that Morgan can kind of choose if she wants to order from the adult menu or the kids for later in the trip.

So, I have an official countdown now!

214 days!

I think that is it for now. I started the family questionaire. I think I will post it hear as well. I thought it would be fun to have everyone answer them as well!

Congrats on booking!!! It feels so real once you have that confirmation number.

I like the split plan, and while it's not suggested to go Deluxe-Mod I think you guys will do fine. The Poly is one of my favorite resorts, and you will have SOOOO much to do there. It'll be a nice break from the park days.

We miss Disney Springs and I've been trying to work it into our September plans, but I don't see it happening. I'm glad you're likely gonna fly down a bit earlier to get some Spring time in!

Can't wait to see the questionnaire and how plans come together; I love a PTR!

Congrats on the booking, when are you going? I can’t tell from your post, I don’t see the month on it? Is it the last week of March or April? If March, we will be there as well! Oh I looked closer it must be February, here I was thinking we could meet!

Congrats on booking!!! It feels so real once you have that confirmation number.

I like the split plan, and while it's not suggested to go Deluxe-Mod I think you guys will do fine. The Poly is one of my favorite resorts, and you will have SOOOO much to do there. It'll be a nice break from the park days.

We miss Disney Springs and I've been trying to work it into our September plans, but I don't see it happening. I'm glad you're likely gonna fly down a bit earlier to get some Spring time in!
Booking makes it so real, for sure!

I mean what is the worse that happens with going back down to a Moderate, we hate and spend more time in the parks... I feel ok with it too, since we have stayed there, we know what it is like. We did already feel a little bummed about it, going from a few trips in a row at Wilderness Lodge. But it is hard to compare the pricing! Man The Poly is $$$$ now! 2 nights is blowing the budget. But I do feel better knowing we will be enjoying the actual hotel.

I have to sell Andy on the Disney Springs idea still but I think it won't be hard to do. I can almost just book it and he will never know. I did look it is a tiny bit more per person for the 11:00 direct flight but I think it will still be worth it. I am so excited that this trip is turning into a solid length. We have done some Shorter (than we normally do) ones and I am hoping we can really kind of go with the flow with this because of the amount of days.

Congrats on booking! Your plans sound great!
Thanks! And Thanks! All I want to do now is plan stuff. But I have a ways to go...

Congrats on the booking, when are you going? I can’t tell from your post, I don’t see the month on it? Is it the last week of March or April? If March, we will be there as well! Oh I looked closer it must be February, here I was thinking we could meet!
We are going Friday, February 22nd and flying home Sunday, March 3rd. Bummer that we can't meet up. I had looked at March but the crowd calendars scared me away a little.

The cost of deluxe resorts was a huge seller for my family on DVC; I’d looked into renting before ma bought in to save. Soon both your kids will be “adults” which drives the cost up quick! Deluxe is great, for staying in the resort, but if you’re in the parks all day it’s not a big difference, to me.

I will take a non-stop flight any day! Cost does not matter so much as not having to lug my toddler from one end of the airport to another. I know it’s easier with bigger kiddos, but still. I say book this flights!

Yay for booking! I'm so excited to hear how you all end up liking the Poly.

We are doing a dining plan for the first part of our split stay and the second part is up in the air, BUT one thing I learned about the refillable mugs is, once activated, (I THINK) they are good for 14 days or the length of your stay, not necessarily the length of your dining plan. So even if we don't end up getting the dining plan for the second half, we should still be able to get our coffee and sodas at the second hotel!

Soon both your kids will be “adults” which drives the cost up quick! Deluxe is great, for staying in the resort, but if you’re in the parks all day it’s not a big difference, to me.
I know! Maybe I will let the DVC guy take us on a tour when we are at the Poly... Maybe Andy will get inspired by the tour!

I will take a non-stop flight any day! Cost does not matter so much as not having to lug my toddler from one end of the airport to another. I know it’s easier with bigger kiddos, but still. I say book this flights!
I am with you on direct flights. Even with the girls being older it is just silly from New Jersey...

Yaay!!! It's always such a great feeling to have a countdown again, isn't it?! :)
I know!!!! I have to make a new countdown ticker for my signature! The only think better than having that date, is getting a surprise trip from your hubby! ;)

Joining in!
YEAH!!!! Welcome! :welcome:

We are doing a dining plan for the first part of our split stay and the second part is up in the air, BUT one thing I learned about the refillable mugs is, once activated, (I THINK) they are good for 14 days or the length of your stay, not necessarily the length of your dining plan. So even if we don't end up getting the dining plan for the second half, we should still be able to get our coffee and sodas at the second hotel!
Hmmm. Where did you hear that? That would be awsome if it was true! But I thought it expiered at midnight on you check out day. Where did you hear this? I will have to see what I can find out!

Interesting... I just did a google search and found this on Disney Mom's Panel... which makes me feel pretty confident in that the mugs will work for the second (and third) parts of the trips! Bonus!!!

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...t-stay-getting-dining-plan-first-part-355367/

I have to admit, I am kind of excitied about this new info! I don't like the coffee in the rooms, so this will be great!

Interesting... I just did a google search and found this on Disney Mom's Panel... which makes me feel pretty confident in that the mugs will work for the second (and third) parts of the trips! Bonus!!!

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...t-stay-getting-dining-plan-first-part-355367/

I have to admit, I am kind of excitied about this new info! I don't like the coffee in the rooms, so this will be great!
Yeah, I’m planning on doing this for my trips in december (I can imagine sipping hot cocoa in the WL lobby) and February (though I’ll have the Dining plan on the first night).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts