Split stay with different parties

ksromack

DIS Veteran
I didn't know how else to word that title! I'm wondering how I can handle my split stay. I think I will actually have to make two separate reservations but it would be cheaper, I think if I could make it one.

I am planning a girls only trip with 7 high school bffs (we're in our mid 50s now)......4 nights with the hopes of staying at BWV, 2 bedroom, starting on a tuesday in early october and ending on that saturday. Those friends will all go home on saturday. Hubby will join me in Orlando on saturday and together we will stay (in a smaller room) for 4 nights.

We are getting the package so disney tickets will be included and hubby and I will spend a day/evening at Universal one of those days. I want to get a Memory Maker so if I had two reservations I would have to pay for that MM twice....which I would rather not have to do! Also, tickets are cheaper the more days you have them so that would be better for me to have one reservation as well.

Is there any way I can do this?

If you don't stay in the same unit, it will be a second reservation. You are aware that all BWV two bedroom villas are lockoffs, right? That means a one bedroom that connects to a studio. So you only have two real beds, the king in the one bedroom and a queen in the studio portion. The one bedroom part will also have a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. The studio will have a double sleeper sofa and a bunk sized murphy bed as well as the queen bed. The murphy bed is shorter and narrower than a twin bed.

I would do two separate room only reservations, and get tickets separately. You only need MM once, it's not attached to the package. But you will want to use your tickets (I am guessing) before your husband joins you so have a ticket attached to that second room doesn't sound like a good idea. Plus you would both need the same number of days with a package, so you would be over buying for your husband.

I would do two separate room only reservations, and get tickets separately. You only need MM once, it's not attached to the package. But you will want to use your tickets (I am guessing) before your husband joins you so have a ticket attached to that second room doesn't sound like a good idea. Plus you would both need the same number of days with a package, so you would be over buying for your husband.
So I will reserve the larger villa (everyone is ok with the sleeping arrangements) for the 4 night plus 4 day hopper.....then reserve a second 4 night stay with hubby with a 3 day hopper? He and I will only be going to the Disney parks for 3 days/nights and spending one at Universal.

So my Memory Maker will be good for the entire 8 nights? I guess I didn't realize it wasn't attached to a package. Won't it be attached to my magicband? Will I need to use a second magicband for the second portion or can I continue to use the one I'll have for the first 4 nights?

Your ticket should be for the length of total days you want to go to Disney. I would not attach the tickets to your stay at all. So book the villa. Buy yourself a ticket (7-8 days?), book the second reservation, and buy your husband's ticket for 3 days. Your magic bands for your two stays are interchangeable, get two colors and match your outfits ;) . All of the reservations are together in MDE, and your magic band is like a "short cut" to access all of those reservations. Memory Maker is good for a thirty day block, so as long as you purchase it a few days before your first stay, all your pictures (and those of your friends and family list on MDE) you can download after you return.

Why do a package? Why not two room-only reservations and get tickets separately?
Because I am booking one large reservation for the first half of the trip along with those of my 7 friends. It's one big party :) It's our 4 night villa along with a 4 day park hopper. None of my friends have even been to WDW so i'm doing all the booking and for their parts, they are calling disney and paying their portion on their own. I'm the party planner. I was fairly sure the tickets end up being cheaper if booked as a package and then if a discount happens to become available that could be applied to the package. Am I thinking wrong here?

Because I am booking one large reservation for the first half of the trip along with those of my 7 friends. It's one big party :) It's our 4 night villa along with a 4 day park hopper. None of my friends have even been to WDW so i'm doing all the booking and for their parts, they are calling disney and paying their portion on their own. I'm the party planner. I was fairly sure the tickets end up being cheaper if booked as a package and then if a discount happens to become available that could be applied to the package. Am I thinking wrong here?
If a discount comes through, you'll have to rebook your stay. They don't automatically apply the discount to your reservation. There usually are a limited number of rooms available for the discount. Sometimes discounts aren't available for DVC resorts or some of them.

You will, personally, end up paying far more than you need to if you do the reservations this way. As PP's have mentioned, you will save money by making two, room-only reservations (the BWV reservation and wherever you want to stay with your DH) and buying everyone's tickets separately - a 7-day ticket for you, 4-day tickets for your friends and a 3-day ticket for DH. You could even look at a discount seller, like Undercover Tourist, to get a bigger ticket discount. If you do this, you would still be eligible for a room-only discount if it's released and can be applied to the rooms you've booked. The only promos that come out that require a ticket purchase are free dining promos and the chances of a BWV 2-bedroom being in free dining inventory are pretty slim.

Your other option is to keep the BWV package as is, book room-only for you and DH, buy his ticket separately and then upgrade your 4-day hopper to a 7-day hopper when you get there. This can be done, but you won't be able to book FP+ for the second reservation until you upgrade that ticket onsite.

I would really encourage you to do this whole thing as 2 separate room-only reservations with separate ticket purchases.

So I will reserve the larger villa (everyone is ok with the sleeping arrangements) for the 4 night plus 4 day hopper.....then reserve a second 4 night stay with hubby with a 3 day hopper? He and I will only be going to the Disney parks for 3 days/nights and spending one at Universal.

So my Memory Maker will be good for the entire 8 nights? I guess I didn't realize it wasn't attached to a package. Won't it be attached to my magicband? Will I need to use a second magicband for the second portion or can I continue to use the one I'll have for the first 4 nights?

No. Book the villa for 4 nights. Book a studio or whatever for 4 nights. Purchase yourself a 7 day park hopper separately (on the Disney app or on a website like Undercover Tourist), and then your friends' and husband's park hoppers separately.

Tickets are almost never discounted. Some discounts (like free dining--which does not discount your tickets in any way) will require a minimum ticket purchase, but with a two bedroom villa, you're far better off with a room-only discount (which will not require you to book a package).

Because I am booking one large reservation for the first half of the trip along with those of my 7 friends. It's one big party

That sort of thing doesn’t require a package. With a package you’re making the full amount due earlier and locking things in with stronger cancellation policies.

Room-only means a one night deposit then you pay the rest of the room off AT the resort. Tickets can be purchased through Disney or through discounters like undercovertourist (hopefully prior to the 60day FP+ mark).

It means you can buy exactly the ticket you need without having to upgrade it.

Okay, another question. If we buy our 4 day park hoppers from UT, for instance, would I be able to pick everyone's fast passes? How does that work?

Enter them into MDE under each person’s profile.
Thank you. That's what I was thinking. Everyone will need to get the MDE app and I can link them all together? I've only used the app once but never for a group of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter