Split Stay - WWYD

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
Recently decided to add 2 more nights [back end] to our early June 8 night vacation for a total of 10 nights. First 8 nights we are in a BW view studio at BWV for the first time - Yay Me! Was just able to book last 2 nights in a studio at WLV, then I waitlisted those last 2 nights for a boardwalk view studio. Now I see an additional night is available at WLV during 8th night of our trip. In other words I could do first 7 nights at BWV and 3 nights at WLV or leave it like it is: 8 nights at BWV and last 2 nights at WLV.

If I knew for sure the waitlist would come through for BWV I would leave it as is, but if it doesn't I would rather have 3 nights at WLV over 2 to settle in and enjoy the area. DS13 has never stayed at WLV.

What would you do in my situation?

I would do the split stay for sure. It is nice to be able to get a change of scenery, and closer access to Magic Kingdom, then you would have at Boardwalk. You could spend your first seven days at the Boardwalk area, Epcot, Hollywood studios, and any of the water parks or animal kingdom out that way. Then spend your last days on the monorail loop area and Magic Kingdom. Perfect split!

I'm not a split stay fan, but I'm not also a BWV to MK bus fan, so that might make me consider 3 @ VWL. (FYI, hopefully you don't get the VWL studio without a balcony)

Now, unlike the PP, I go to MK on day 1, even if its not the recommended park ;). But I would also enjoy the MK time at the end of the trip, too.

I'm not a split stay fan, but I'm not also a BWV to MK bus fan, so that might make me consider 3 @ VWL. (FYI, hopefully you don't get the VWL studio without a balcony)

Now, unlike the PP, I go to MK on day 1, even if its not the recommended park ;). But I would also enjoy the MK time at the end of the trip, too.

Do you know which VWL studio has no balcony?:confused3 Using a friends points for 2nts at VWL followed by 8nts at BCV. Never stayed at VWL and would like to avoid that particular room if at all possible.
Thanks,
Kerri

(FYI, hopefully you don't get the VWL studio without a balcony)

Good point. But I guess if it was only for 2 nights it wouldn't be so bad. I don't understand what they were thinking with that room. :confused3

I would do the 7 and 3 to have a decent amount of time at each resort. But then I love split stays,.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter