Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

Real world update...

Just heard from one of the recruiters associated with job interview I had on Tue. They definitely want me and we talked numbers so they could put together an offer.
Woo Hoo!! And leaving for Disney tomorrow. Life is good!

Not that I was overly concerned, but now knowing I'll have more money coming in soon, I can be more relaxed over what I'm spending.

Great news!! So happy things are coming together for you!

Have a safe and magical trip! :)

I can finally drop the P!!!

It's official. This is no longer a Pre-Trip Report. We just got back yesterday. I guess that's not 100% accurate. It would be making the assumption our minds are back. Let me re-state. We're physically back home.

Now, to the thing you've been so anxiously waiting for. Okay, fine, I don't think any of my 3 readers have been anxiously waiting, but hopefully not waiting with trepidation either. Fine! You're just ambivalent. I, at least, was anxious (not in a bad way) about the trip. When you put this much time and energy, not to mention money into planning a trip, it's great to finally go.

It's a long story why, but DW didn't go. It was just me and DD (Princess Rose. Hereafter PR or P for princess or R for Rose). As it turns out, it was probably good DW didn't go. She's extremely sensitive to smells/scents and the resort we stayed at the last two days would've been almost impossible for her. More on that later.

PR:
PR1.jpg

Me (59 lbs lighter than I once was, but still another 50 or so to go):
doc1.jpg

I did take a lot of pictures as well as having photo pass pictures, so bear (not to be confused with bare --- totally different concept) with me. It will take a while to sort through and decide which photos and then edit them down to be small enough to upload here.

Friday, the 16th was our travel day. PR had a half day at school, so our plan was to leave as soon as she got home to beat the Friday rush hour. Her school had a logistical issue, so I ended up picking her up. We got on the road by 12:00. For the purposes of the contest, we had only 1 stop for food/gas/potty. We stopped twice.

To make the point keeping easier, I'm changing 5 pointers to 1, 10 pointers to 2, etc.

So, new contest questions:
What was the second stop for?
a) souvenir
b) FL welcome center
c) car trouble
d) gift for mom

Overall, how was traffic?
a) horrible
b) okay
c) great

Nothing much to report for Friday evening except when the falcon heavy came by and gave us a really good boost to get us there faster. No, really! Mr Musk knew how much we like Disney and felt badly for our trip taking longer and sent us an assist. Not buying it? What if I said I had photographic proof? Alright, I'll confess, my photoshop skills aren't that good, so no pictures.
Actually, I don't use photoshop, since I use Linux primarily and I use GIMP. I could post before and after pictures I modified for another DIS user to show a pretty good demonstration of my photo modification skills, but I digress.

Saturday, we woke up relatively early and I cooked breakfast for DD, mom and myself. There is a place in Smyrna, GA (not too far from us) that a member from church told me about. It's called Patak meats and they have some of the best meats (and decent prices too). I had gotten several things for my mom, brother, SIL, niece, etc. from there. I got brats, ribs, ground beef, bacon, ham and several cheeses. So, I made the bacon and then some eggs to go with it. My mom wanted some biscuits and put those in the oven while I was being fried. As much as I enjoy bacon, the getting burnt while frying it is not fun. If you live in the Atlanta area or are ever passing through and want some of the best bacon, you should stop by. Don't think about the additional surcharge you'll pay for my advertising commission, just trust me it's worth it. Other than a trip to the hospital for treatment of my burns, Saturday was otherwise uneventful. I did spend a good amount of time on the app changing ADRs since I finally had a firm idea of when other folks would be able to join us. I wish I could say it was quick, but having to change the number of people for just about every ADR was laborious at best.

Mostly for the DISDads, but picture of our bacon frying...
mmmm_bacon.jpg

Now, that we're back, I've scored a lot of the questions I couldn't score accurately

Current scores (I'll give another few days before I start revealing details in case anyone else wants to join the contest)
@pkondz - 26
@Captain_Oblivious - 24
@Steppesister - 24
@afwdwfan - 22
@Terra Nova guy - 21

It's a tight race folks...still time to join in or to move up!

It was supposed to be - Next up, Beach club and stormalong bay, but then I realized some more about the things prior to arriving to Disney might be good to allow folks to answer (if they were so inclined).

Last edited:
It's official. This is no longer a Pre-Trip Report. We just got back yesterday. I guess that's not 100% accurate. It would be making the assumption our minds are back. Let me re-state. We're physically back home.

Welcome back! :)

Fine! You're just ambivalent.

::yes:: Ambivalence rules!!

Well... not really... kind of. Sort of... maybe.

She's extremely sensitive to smells/scents and the resort we stayed at the last two days would've been almost impossible for her. More on that later.

Hmmm... intriguing.

so bear (not to be confused with bare --- totally different concept)

Thanks for sharing the naked truth about that.

a) souvenir
b) FL welcome center
c) car trouble
d) gift for mom

a) horrible
b) okay
c) great

d) gift for mom
c) great

Nothing much to report for Friday evening except when the falcon heavy came by and gave us a really good boost to get us there faster. No, really! Mr Musk knew how much we like Disney and felt badly for our trip taking longer and sent us an assist. Not buying it? What if I said I had photographic proof? Alright, I'll confess, my photoshop skills aren't that good, so no pictures.

I was believing you right up to the point you said you were lying through your teeth.

My mom wanted some biscuits and put those in the oven while I was being fried.

Ouch! No wonder you had to go to the hospital!

As much as I enjoy bacon, the getting burnt while frying it is not fun.

Stop frying bacon nude.

I don't care if you got burned, I just don't wanna see that.

If you live in the Atlanta area or are ever passing through and want some of the best bacon, you should stop by.

Noted! Thanks!

mmmm_bacon-jpg.305054

mmmm... bacon.

Current scores (I'll give another few days before I start revealing details in case anyone else wants to join the contest)
@pkondz - 26
@Captain_Oblivious - 24
@Steppesister - 24
@afwdwfan - 22
@Terra Nova guy - 21

Yuss!!!

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing about your trip...and curious as to some of the stories to which you've alluded!
Well, I don't know that I'm as good of a story teller as many (yourself included) on the DIS, but I'm going to do my best.

Can I have a good trip to FL? Yes, yes I can.

Hold on to your chairs folks! If you don't have handles installed on your chair, I'll wait...

Done?

Okay, tapping foot and waiting.

Can you hurry up already?

Fine, forget the handles, hold onto your hat...

I enjoyed the trip down to FL. Don't get me wrong, I love going to FL, it's just usually the getting there I don't care for that much.

Yes, there was the periodic idiot that felt they owned the left lane and ignored the “Stay right except to pass” signs/etiquette/law/whatever, but for the most part, I was able to set the cruise and sing southbound and down, loaded up and truckin', we gonna do what they say can't be done. We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there. It's supposed to be eastbound, but I was driving a car not a sub, so southbound it was. Me enjoying the trip is a unique thing for me...the traffic is normally so bad, my blood pressure is probably 30-40 points higher by the time I get there. Considering my normal BP is 160 over 120, this is really of concern to me. No, my BP is not that...just wondering if Liesa fell out of her chair when she read that. :rotfl2: I ended up renting a car for two weeks because I needed to get a little work done on my car and this allowed me to do that prior to the trip and still have a vehicle. I got a great rate from a friend of a friend. If you ever need a rental car in the Marietta, GA area, PM me...I'll pass along the info.

The trip was uneventful. Two stops, no waiting. Well, okay, waiting for the gas pump, waiting for the cashier, waiting for PR to get done in the bathroom, waiting for traffic to clear so I could get back on the road. All that waiting cost me at least 5 minutes. Don't these people know I'm going to Disney? Well PR did, but really people?

All in all, the most significant event was the giant eagle pooping on my windshield at 65 mph. It's just slightly possible it was faster than that and it's possible it wasn't a giant eagle, but a something did nail us. Since I haven't seen pigs fly, except on a TV commercial, I can only presume it was a bird. Compared to the hoards of love bugs that will be happening next month I think, I'll take a little bird poop any day. Anyone who's driven that stretch during love bug season knows what I mean! The worst event was actually when I pulled into the gas station and the person going out on the far left while I'm trying to go in on the far right (sorry, but we're NOT in the UK, Jamaica or St Croix [or wherever else people drive on the wrong side of the road]) and then got mad at me because I was in their way. Now, before you wrong side drivers start arguing, it's not the RIGHT side, so it must be the wrong side. Case closed. As a former boss of mine was wont to say, I've come to the conclusion that common sense is not common. What was the second stop you ask? Well, since I made that a question for the contest, you'll have to wait for what the second stop was, but it wasn't cleaning bird poop off of my windshield...the wipers and squeegee at the gas stop took care of that. A little hint (more like minuscule since I doubt it will help in guessing), both stops were in Valdosta and mere minutes from each other.

Another question in the contest was how was traffic. Well, although that's part of this portion of the TR, I will also hold comment on that to give folks time to guess/comment.

We had brought several snacks with us. Beef Jerky (is any trip not made better with beef jerky?), protein bars, chips, nuts, fruit snacks. You know, the normal (unless you're a PB&J family like Captain_Oblivious') snacks. About 5:30 or 6, PR started asking me what was for dinner. Since I'd already stopped twice, which is 100% more than my preferred goal, I told her we had plenty of items in the car for dinner. See above mentioned items, not to mention fresh ham and cheeses from Patak's. I was a bit sad because they were out of Westphalian ham, so I got black forest ham and another I can't remember the name of, but it was cured with brown sugar and very good. Did I mention I'd lost a good amount of weight on the keto diet, but I'd decided to fall off the wagon for this trip. It wouldn't have been so bad, but when I fell, I hit my head on a rock and got run over by the rear wheel. Not a good way to start a trip. Anyway, between the snacks we had and fresh ham and multiple cheeses, we had a veritable smorgasbord. We stuffed our faces with both hands. I'm very proficient at steering with my knees, so if you hear any reports of someone swerving down the road on I-75 on Friday, the 16th, it wasn't me! Those scrapes on the sides of the rental car and other vehicles weren't my fault either. Just sayin'.

When we got to the turnpike, I couldn't remember where I'd packed the sunpass, so I went through the pay lane. For those who don't know and who take more than one trip to FL per year (heck, even those who only take one per year), a sunpass is a transponder that you put in your window and either link to your credit card, bank account or pre-pay and it allows you to keep driving and having the tolls deducted automatically vs. stopping at toll booths. Considering how many toll roads there are in FL, it's worth having. I'm not sure it's possible to go to the grocery store or bank without hitting at least one toll booth. For those of you who fly, in the words of Rosanne Rosannadanna...NEVER MIND! I had not packed it in the glove compartment like a smart person would do. I often get called a smart *ss, but it's usually not in a manner where I believe they think I'm actually smart. I get called a dumb *ss more often and this was the case yet again. Anyway, the toll booth is on the exit for US-27, so I had to slow down anyway, so I just threw a roll of quarters at the toll booth guy as I went by. I think initially he was mad at me, but soon realized that black eye was worth the $9 tip I'd just given him. I mean seriously, how often do those folks get a tip?

We traveled the rest of the way to my mom's house. Movie quote: “no, not your mom, just my mom”. Not a contest question, but what movie? No web searches. We relaxed and visited a bit and planned out what we'd do tomorrow (Saturday), which leads to the next chapter.

Frying bacon, being fried, shopping with mom and ADR changes galore!

Hold on to your chairs folks! If you don't have handles installed on your chair, I'll wait...

Done?

Yep. Already had 'em. Fire away.

Okay, tapping foot and waiting.

Can you hurry up already?

Hey! Don't look at me! That's all them other folk.

Fine, forget the handles, hold onto your hat...

Question. Who still wears hats?

Well... sure, a tuque when I'm shovelling, but that's different. It's a survival thing, not a fashion one.

Yes, there was the periodic idiot that felt they owned the left lane and ignored the “Stay right except to pass”

:headache: That has got to be my biggest highway peeve.

southbound and down, loaded up and truckin', we gonna do what they say can't be done.

Still like that movie.

Considering my normal BP is 160 over 120, this is really of concern to me. No, my BP is not that...just wondering if Liesa fell out of her chair when she read that. :rotfl2:

:lmao:

But seriously. Has it gone down since you've lost weight?

All in all, the most significant event was the giant eagle pooping on my windshield at 65 mph. It's just slightly possible it was faster than that and it's possible it wasn't a giant eagle, but a something did nail us. Since I haven't seen pigs fly, except on a TV commercial, I can only presume it was a bird.

Or one heck of a big bug.

The worst event was actually when I pulled into the gas station and the person going out on the far left while I'm trying to go in on the far right (sorry, but we're NOT in the UK, Jamaica or St Croix [or wherever else people drive on the wrong side of the road]) and then got mad at me because I was in their way.

Sorry.. I'm actually not quite following this. He was headed in the opposite direction? Or?

As a former boss of mine was wont to say, I've come to the conclusion that common sense is not common.

It's decidedly uncommon.

(is any trip not made better with beef jerky?),

Every trip is made better with beef jerky.

Not jerks. They make it worse.

it was cured with brown sugar and very good.

mmmmm...

Did I mention I'd lost a good amount of weight on the keto diet, but I'd decided to fall off the wagon for this trip.

::yes::

I'm very proficient at steering with my knees,

Me too. I used to amaze the kids. "See? I don't need to steer. The car knows where to go."

a sunpass is a transponder that you put in your window and either link to your credit card, bank account or pre-pay and it allows you to keep driving and having the tolls deducted automatically vs. stopping at toll booths.

I do know of them. Just not how to get one.

For those of you who fly, in the words of Rosanne Rosannadanna...NEVER MIND!

"What's all this about violins on TV?"

Movie quote: “no, not your mom, just my mom”. Not a contest question, but what movie?

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell.

no, not your mom, just my mom

Yep. Already had 'em. Fire away.
I was getting the shotgun out and then realized you didn't mean that kind of firing.

Hey! Don't look at me! That's all them other folk.
some people are just so slow, aren't they?

Question. Who still wears hats?
I do, but mostly only when I'm at Disney to keep from burning the spot on my head which has less hair than the rest. I wouldn't say I'm bald there yet, but the eagle's lawyers have indicated I might be up for a lawsuit soon if I don't cease and desist.

Well... sure, a tuque when I'm shovelling, but that's different. It's a survival thing, not a fashion one.
I chose a different survival technique...move further south. Just sayin'

:headache: That has got to be my biggest highway peeve.
It most definitely is mine. I would say it drives me nuts, but you can't drive to somewhere you're already at.

Still like that movie.
What's not to like? Something for everyone. As a motorcycle rider, I both laugh and cringe after the fight in the biker bar.

:lmao:

But seriously. Has it gone down since you've lost weight?
I haven't had it checked lately, but I know my resting heart rate has and I can't imagine losing 59 pounds could not not help.

Sorry.. I'm actually not quite following this. He was headed in the opposite direction? Or?
No, I was going IN on the right side. They were going out on their LEFT side, so the side that should be mine.

It's decidedly uncommon.
::yes:: :sad2:

Every trip is made better with beef jerky.

Not jerks. They make it worse.
Now, I didn't talk poorly about you, why'd you have to come at me bro?

As a guy I used to work with loved to say...INDEED!

I do know of them. Just not how to get one.
Next time you drive, you can stop at the service plaza on the turnpike. I believe Publix sells them as well.

"What's all this about violins on TV?"
It's horrible! Horrible, I say! What I don't understand is why are fiddles okay, but not violins? What about flutes? Are they okay on TV?

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell.
I'll PM you so I don't possibly spoil it for someone else.

Last edited:
We just got back yesterday. I guess that's not 100% accurate. It would be making the assumption our minds are back. Let me re-state. We're physically back home.

Welcome home! Still better when a Disney CM says that, though.

It's a long story why, but DW didn't go. It was just me and DD (Princess Rose. Hereafter PR or P for princess or R for Rose). As it turns out, it was probably good DW didn't go. She's extremely sensitive to smells/scents and the resort we stayed at the last two days would've been almost impossible for her. More on that later.

Well, dang. Sorry she couldn't join in on the fun.

a) souvenir
b) FL welcome center
c) car trouble
d) gift for mom

I'm going to guess a gift for Mom.

a) horrible
b) okay
c) great

Rarely do people ever claim that traffic is "great", so I'll say "okay". But I'm late and you posted another chapter so feel free to discard my answer if it's fair to the others.

It's called Patak meats and they have some of the best meats (and decent prices too). I had gotten several things for my mom, brother, SIL, niece, etc. from there. I got brats, ribs, ground beef, bacon, ham and several cheeses.

Is this heaven?

If you live in the Atlanta area or are ever passing through and want some of the best bacon, you should stop by.

Sold!

mmmm_bacon-jpg.305054

OHFVA039SFgOyFfg8BUA2XPoE_HqlY1fOojAamLimofOv7MA2RwnHKEsyiyNd7kwf6-ggHF3tRjVXRITa840urZGEsAM0Kox35sGBlsV-08wWfQIt9FVOooHCVdxYiZhG6WWrvf_6XK_IM1eytgqZ6jlIf6IbShBZjCbY4gAdJhD2QUXaPWiNJIlmtGsrWVoBIKXgRmxkhFwzFHXhz31wyBYEGvISHGxv80nKpgeTBucXk7-ZvZpsqBkc1MLsJD6BMjUyr7scb4YD-_r80jenUE4qOl3cKdDe-lIGUPqQvAaMvDAraRbkHTQs3MkHFR3_lpkcdCfEsKA3kYKodpRW2do2mVI6bmJGcPea07zk-0lCjaSnc_ZVopDTHVHHKdeNEBJsMbuUn0ct4JtiC_5w6UKu3r1UmALIEdlTJYeWkAW6R-PIBvAFEkgif-9uY8tekzpTKu1gQBaO7UqIgepPC1regc2nK59GoHw8gk9GFvvD6xyImR22V2r5CvvfX64G0Qu7tvcw7UeiOXb8sE2uhUfnrFOakUnUeGPFYBd932sUq_bjMPkb2XpsK2MLBsLmsyhu871tKci7GVHtOUqYq7m2r5z43QxHcwA0VM=w279-h320-no

All in all, the most significant event was the giant eagle pooping on my windshield at 65 mph.

Wow! I shudder to think what would happen if I tried pooping at 65 mph.

You know, the normal (unless you're a PB&J family like Captain_Oblivious') snacks.

We chose PB&J solely for budgetary reasons, not out of a desire to constantly eat it.

I'm very proficient at steering with my knees, so if you hear any reports of someone swerving down the road on I-75 on Friday, the 16th, it wasn't me! Those scrapes on the sides of the rental car and other vehicles weren't my fault either. Just sayin'.

Suuurrrrreee it wasn't.

For those who don't know and who take more than one trip to FL per year (heck, even those who only take one per year), a sunpass is a transponder that you put in your window and either link to your credit card, bank account or pre-pay and it allows you to keep driving and having the tolls deducted automatically vs. stopping at toll booths. Considering how many toll roads there are in FL, it's worth having.

Truth! Very helpful.

Anyway, the toll booth is on the exit for US-27, so I had to slow down anyway, so I just threw a roll of quarters at the toll booth guy as I went by. I think initially he was mad at me, but soon realized that black eye was worth the $9 tip I'd just given him.

:rotfl2: Wonder what his doctor bill cost?

Movie quote: “no, not your mom, just my mom”. Not a contest question, but what movie?

I can't say as I recognize that one.

I was getting the shotgun out and then realized you didn't mean that kind of firing.

I'm okay with that. I'm really good at running away.

some people are just so slow, aren't they?

I do, but mostly only when I'm at Disney to keep from burning the spot on my head which has less hair than the rest. I wouldn't say I'm bald there yet, but the eagle's lawyers have indicated I might be up for a lawsuit soon if I don't cease and desist.

Huh, you know what? When you said "hat" I immediately thought of something like this:

But of course I wear hats too when I'm at Disney.
I guess because I always add on the word "Baseball" that I don't think
of a baseball hat when I hear "hat".

Huh.

I chose a different survival technique...move further south. Just sayin'

Too hot. You guys sometimes get to like... 90 degrees. Don't people burst into flames at those temps?

It most definitely is mine. I would say it drives me nuts, but you can't drive to somewhere you're already at.

How about over the bend?

What's not to like? Something for everyone. As a motorcycle rider, I both laugh and cringe after the fight in the biker bar.

::yes:: As a motorcycle rider... I do too.

I haven't had it checked lately, but I know my resting heart rate has and I can't imagine losing 59 pounds could not not help.

No, I was going IN on the right side. They were going out on their LEFT side, so the side that should be mine.

Ugh. I'm dense. I'm still not getting it. You're not talking at the pump but the exit lane? They were driving on the wrong side?

Now, I didn't talk poorly about you, why'd you have to come at me bro?

Because it's a requirement. Didn't you read the TR manual for writers? It's on page 2.
Right after "Though shalt make a fool of thineself."

Next time you drive, you can stop at the service plaza on the turnpike. I believe Publix sells them as well.

Thanks!

It's horrible! Horrible, I say! What I don't understand is why are fiddles okay, but not violins? What about flutes? Are they okay on TV?

:thumbsup2

I'll PM you so I don't possibly spoil it for someone else.

I was right. Never seen it so couldn't know it.

Welcome home! Still better when a Disney CM says that, though.
1000x ::yes::

Is this heaven?
Not quite, but probably as close as you can get on earth. ;)

I was sold the first time I went there. Some of the best ground beef I've ever had as well as bacon. I'm not a rib fan, but DW and DD said the ribs were excellent too.

Wow! I shudder to think what would happen if I tried pooping at 65 mph.
What happens on your car's windshield, stays on your car's windshield. Don't wanna know.

We chose PB&J solely for budgetary reasons, not out of a desire to constantly eat it.
I know, I know. Done many a PB&J sandwich on trips myself.

Suuurrrrreee it wasn't.
It's not my fault! It's not my fault!

Truth! Very helpful.
Although it doesn't make it any less expensive, it makes it faster.

:rotfl2: Wonder what his doctor bill cost?
I didn't figure he'd need a doctor for a minor black eye, but hope he didn't get my plate.

I can't say as I recognize that one.
Well, since 2 of my 3 readers don't recognize it, it's from Home. It's a Dreamworks (I know, not Disney) animated film about an alien race taking over earth. Cute movie.

Last edited:
That scene was soooo funny. Best part of the movie I think.

Huh, you know what? When you said "hat" I immediately thought of something like this:

But of course I wear hats too when I'm at Disney.
I guess because I always add on the word "Baseball" that I don't think
of a baseball hat when I hear "hat".
I normally wear a floppy (somewhat Gilligan, somewhat safari style) hat to provide good shade for my ears, but I forgot to grab it so baseball hat it was.

Too hot. You guys sometimes get to like... 90 degrees. Don't people burst into flames at those temps?
I've yet to see a single case of spontaneous human combustion. Spontaneous or instantaneous sweating, quite often.

Ugh. I'm dense. I'm still not getting it. You're not talking at the pump but the exit lane? They were driving on the wrong side?
We know, but we like you anyway. Haven't quite figured out why, but maybe it's the strange name that's really hard to rhyme. :lmao:

Coming into the station, the driveway. I was coming in on the right as I should. She was coming out on HER left not my left....so right in my lane and right at me. Wow, that was a lot of rights for the wrong side of the road.

Because it's a requirement. Didn't you read the TR manual for writers? It's on page 2.
Right after "Though shalt make a fool of thineself."
Oh good, I have rule #1 down pat.

I just uploaded a couple pictures to the first TR entry, so if you want to scroll back and look. I debated about doing this because I figure I'd scare off my 3 readers, but oh well, I decided to do it.

That scene was soooo funny. Best part of the movie I think.

Certainly the most memorable!

I normally wear a floppy (somewhat Gilligan, somewhat safari style) hat to provide good shade for my ears, but I forgot to grab it so baseball hat it was.

Burn your ears?

I've yet to see a single case of spontaneous human combustion. Spontaneous or instantaneous sweating, quite often.

::yes:: Been there, melted that.

We know, but we like you anyway. Haven't quite figured out why, but maybe it's the strange name that's really hard to rhyme. :lmao:

And a lot of people pronounce it differently too.

Coming into the station, the driveway. I was coming in on the right as I should. She was coming out on HER left not my left....so right in my lane and right at me. Wow, that was a lot of rights for the wrong side of the road.

Finally! I get it! I kept picturing the pumps. Where there are multiple stands, like this?

And I couldn't figure out why you had to go on the right side. "Don't you just take one that's open?"
And you'd go on any side that your fuel door was... in any direction that you approached it.

So, now I get it. You hadn't left me at the pumps, right.

Oh good, I have rule #1 down pat.

Yes you do.
But that wasn't rule #1. It's farther down. (You really need to read that manual.)
Rule #1 is "Thou shalt entertain."

Admittedly, there are times when I screw that one up. Frequently.

I just uploaded a couple pictures to the first TR entry, so if you want to scroll back and look. I debated about doing this because I figure I'd scare off my 3 readers, but oh well, I decided to do it.

I scrolled back up.
Two comments. PR is older than I imagined. I was thinking more like 6-10. She's very pretty.
Other comment. Dude? You told us you lost a passel of weight. You're looking good, bro. You should be very proud of yourself.

Burn your ears?
No, thankfully, but I had to make sure to keep using sunscreen and/or find shade to hide in as often as possible.

And a lot of people pronounce it differently too.
That's true...it ryhmes with Fonzie. Ayyyyyy!

Finally! I get it! I kept picturing the pumps. Where there are multiple stands, like this?

So, now I get it. You hadn't left me at the pumps, right.
It's all good...I thought I'd said pulling into the gas station not pulling up to the pumps, but then again, it was probably just me replaying it in my mind.

Yes you do.
But that wasn't rule #1. It's farther down. (You really need to read that manual.)
Rule #1 is "Thou shalt entertain."

Admittedly, there are times when I screw that one up. Frequently.
Oh carp! I went from having #1 down pat, to sucking horribly at #1. Gee thanks!

I scrolled back up.
Two comments. PR is older than I imagined. I was thinking more like 6-10. She's very pretty.
Other comment. Dude? You told us you lost a passel of weight. You're looking good, bro. You should be very proud of yourself.
No sir...I put in the PTR part she was 16 or 17 (or at least would be 17 during the trip). I would say I'm sure of it, but now it's been long enough, I need to go check.
I am proud of myself, but yet sobered by the fact I ever getting that heavy to begin with. It's not something I want to share in a public forum, but the last several years have been horrible and my vice or escape was food (mostly sweets) and computers. When you're stuffing your face and sitting at a computer, not the most healthy lifestyle. That's why I tell people they can do keto when they say they love carbs. I'm telling them "If I can do it with my huge sweet tooth, you can do it!". The other thing about keto (and no, I don't think it's the holy grail of diets) is the food tastes good because oils/fats are flavor enhancers.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip! Nice to have a Dad/daughter getaway.

a) souvenir
b) FL welcome center
c) car trouble
d) gift for mom

a) horrible
b) okay
c) great
Second stop: b the welcome center

Traffic: I'll say C and be optimistic

mmmm_bacon-jpg.305054
Can never have too many pictures of bacon...

I'm sad to report that I have only tried cooking on cast iron once and failed miserably. The pan sits in the back of my cupboard not cared for or maintained in any way. I'm sure I did something wrong with the seasoning of the pan. I've read about it many times since, but just never had the nerves to try again.
No, my BP is not that...just wondering if Liesa fell out of her chair when she read that. :rotfl2:
Well, if she did let's hope she's not gone commando again. :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing about your trip! Nice to have a Dad/daughter getaway.
It was. Also, we had other family join us a few times, which was nice as well.

Second stop: b the welcome center

Traffic: I'll say C and be optimistic
noted

Can never have too many pictures of bacon...
::yes:: There will be more!

I'm sad to report that I have only tried cooking on cast iron once and failed miserably. The pan sits in the back of my cupboard not cared for or maintained in any way. I'm sure I did something wrong with the seasoning of the pan. I've read about it many times since, but just never had the nerves to try again.
I can give you some pointers if you decide to. I actually don't like cooking certain things (like bacon) in them, but the one pan my mom had that wasn't cast iron was woefully undersized for the task. I almost went to the store and bought one, but decided I could suffer through 1 (or two times). I use mine solely for making biscuits (and I'm not trying to brag or be egotistical, but they're really really good). My grandmother who'd been making them her whole life taught me and gave me her cast iron pans. I'm proud to be able to carry on the tradition.

Well, if she did let's hope she's not gone commando again. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: To go along with my post in DDC, I can neither confirm nor deny I went commando at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter