Spring into a New Beginning- APRIL 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Mickey Mouse proved to be a very successful cartoon. People went crazy for the merchandise and their was even a Mickey Mouse Club that was started in 1930. There were a million club members by 1932. They met in theaters but in 1935 the clubs started to be phased out.

Meeting of the Mickey Mouse Club in the 1930s
club.jpg MMCcard.jpg

Even with all that success, Walt Disney Studios was still struggling. The distributors for the cartoons were taking too much money. The owner of United Artists heard about Walt's problems and made him an offer. United Artists worked with big names like Charlie Chaplin and they agreed to pay Walt the money that he needed. Things were looking good financially until Walt heard about a new innovation in the film industry. That new innovation was color. Roy did not like the idea because it was going to be expensive but Walt insisted on it. It took them a little while to perfect the use of color on the animation cells but when they did they had a hit on their hands, just as Walt had predicted.

Do you belong to any clubs to help support your healthy lifestyle? Maybe Weight Watchers or a running club? If so do you find it helpful? Have you tried one and not liked it? If you don't is there a reason for that? Would you like to be a part of one?

I haven't been on here in what feels like forever!! So last Thursday and Friday I had something called Agility training. It's not exercise even though that's what it sounds like haha. It's a technique used by project managers to basically have quicker and more successful outcomes. Needless to say I'm in LOVE. I may have also found a calling in my career. Project management seems like it may just be exactly what I'd be good at and enjoy doing. Especially when thinking of it from the Agile mindset. I loved loved loved the training I went through. So that was awesome.

Then on Monday I took the day off because I needed a mental health day. And ended up getting a new tattoo...cuz I'm an addict :rolleyes1 It's my first literary tattoo and the guy did a fantastic job. It looks incredible. So a great, exhausting, whirlwind past few days. and this week/weekend doesn't promise to let up either.

I am very proud of myself today! I have a function to go to after work and I know that there will be unhealthy snacks. So, I made sure to buy supplies for something to eat before the function yesterday and brought it (tomatoes, carrots and a cheese sandwich). So, this will be a light dinner and hopefully will curb any temptations to have any of the snacks!

QOTD:

I don't belong ot any club or so. I think I would enjoy a running club and there is one close to where I live. But somehow I just can't get my act together to go there and take part. I am afraid that I am not fit enough for the group... They run for an hour and currently that just is too far for me. Especially since I am still dealing with the foot issues.

Do you belong to any clubs to help support your healthy lifestyle? Maybe Weight Watchers or a running club? If so do you find it helpful? Have you tried one and not liked it? If you don't is there a reason for that? Would you like to be a part of one?

My mother signed me up for Weight Watchers back when I was 14-15 years old. It did not work for me especially because at that time it was restrictive and I was still growing plus I was trying to improve my PE grade by being involved in cross country. The restrictions did not give enough energy. I do not care to be part of any clubs because I can't stand people who have no idea of my or my families situation and who will not listen to what I have to say telling me what to do.
My 9 year old has Apraxia among other things and I have been told that the cure is A Gluten Free Diet by one person, and a Paleo Diet by another person. Yet someone else told me that she need to be on a Candidia Diet to clear her reactions to soaps and stuff on her skin if they are not rinsed off-meaning using homemade wipes made with wash or shampoo from the health food store is a no go. I will say that one did clear her skin but she eats such a limited diet that restricting some of the things she will eat resulted in her loosing weight. Unlike me she boarders slightly underweight so her medical team was not amused that she went from being in the 15% to the 7% in a month. Luckily we finally figured out that she has a reaction to soaps and we now use either bamboo cloths or soft wash cloths with plain water.

I am afraid that I am not fit enough for the group... They run for an hour and currently that just is too far for me. Especially since I am still dealing with the foot issues.
I understand this and it is pretty much the reason I'm not in a running club. My tempo pace is their easy pace so it would never work.

I belong to the Rec in our town but not a club.
Nice! I love the idea of the rec. I want to join the Y by our house especially when it is 100* out and 70% humidity but it feels kind of intimidating.

I do not care to be part of any clubs because I can't stand people who have no idea of my or my families situation and who will not listen to what I have to say telling me what to do.
I hear you! Sometimes it is worse to be in a club than on your own if they aren't listening to what you are saying.

Woohoo Wednesday!!

The Silly Symphony Skeletons are helping us celebrate today.
giphy (1).gif

What are you woohooing today? It can be anything big or small we are celebrating it all!!

My wooho for today is that my new jeans feel less tight! When I had to get a new pair of jeans, I was kind of between two sizes and got the smaller one. Today I put then when they were freshly washed and was afraid of how snug they might feel. They feel great. Not too small at all. Very happy about this!!

Catching up!

No, not a member of any club unless you consider the gym. I did do WW online for a while, but I think I've mentioned before, would have probably stayed with it had I done the meetings and everything.

I do not belong to any clubs but I kind of consider us one. We have similar goals and are here to support each other. If that isn't a club I don't know what it. I love how supportive everyone is on here and I feel like I can be myself!!

Totally agree!!!

Woohoo! I am off to Orlando this afternoon. As soon as I catch up on the pressing things at work I'm taking off! OH! And even more Woohoo-ey is that I realized that the night DH and I are going to go over to see Wishes for our last time is the Dapper Day at MK. I threw together some dapper outfits (when being a theater nerd/costume hoarder comes in handy!) and am so excited!!! Our outfits are BATB inspired and it will be awesome! I fastpassed meeting Mickey after fireworks to get some cute pictures LOL

Do you belong to any clubs to help support your healthy lifestyle?

I joined the local Moms Run This Town facebook group with the hope of joining other women on runs locally but when people posted their paces there was no way I could keep up so I haven't met up with anyone. I agree with @MommaoffherRocker that this is a healthy lifestyle group that I am a part of. I also am part of an over 40 runner group and women's disney running group on facebook that I will probably meet up with people at some point. I think I prefer online groups to real life because I'm not very extroverted.

And ended up getting a new tattoo...

Yes, pics please!

Luckily we finally figured out that she has a reaction to soaps and we now use either bamboo cloths or soft wash cloths with plain water.

What a relief to figure out what was causing the reaction. My daughter had really bad eczma when she was little and we went round and round with what was causing flare ups on her skin (foods, soap, laundry detergents, etc). Luckily she has grown out of the really bad stuff but still gets a little when it's hot out.

Woohoo... I'm back. Haven't had a chance to read back thru everything yet, but wanted to pop in and say Hi!

The trip was lovely, we did a nice variety of things. The weather was great, there was a thunderstorm one evening but we were already back at my Brother's house so no big deal. I think the highlights were probably the National Cowgirl Museum in Ft Worth... it was relatively new and utilized technology really well. The Book Repository in Dallas was thought provoking, although the actual layout of the museum was walking, listening and reading which was very old fashioned compared to Cowgirls. That evening we watched 'Jackie' and later in the week we watched the tour of the White House she did, as it is featured in the movie. I think the biggest surprise was Oklahoma City... so pretty and clean. We hadn't thought we would do the memorial but we were right there so walked over to it and were really moved by it. Calm and peaceful.

And there was food... lots of food. Before going I had dropped 2 more pounds, but this morning I was up 5 which was exactly what I thought it would be. As the week progressed my cough and stuffy nose returned, due to consuming dairy and gluten, so I am going back to elimination style eating to clear out again. Saturday there's workshop at the yoga studio I want to go to and I'll also be getting going with the nutritionist here soon.

My cats were pretty laid back about me being gone, and they settled right back in to our normal routine very quickly including Whitehall trying to sleep while draped across my head. I'm so grateful that they take it so well.

Now on to a crazy jam packed week trying to get caught up. This morning I walked in to see moving boxes stacked around the office, but there was also a seating map and we're just rearranging desks again, so no big move to a different building or anything. I'm actually moving back to where I almost was before and I do prefer that side of the building... and don't have to sit right next to my boss any longer. :yay:

Last edited:
I am woohooing and not woohooing today. I am still very excited about the cruise but I have not heard back from Teresa yet from Dreams. I put in for the quote, got the response that as soon as she has everything together she would get it to me but it has been a week and I haven't heard anything. I am not sure what i should done right now.

So my big woohoo today is how compassionate my daughter is. We both had an appointment with the dermatologist this morning. For mine it was a full body check because in the past I have had a-typical cells (pre-cancer cells) on my back. While I was there I had them remove 2 skin tags from under my arm. It was very painful when they gave me the shot to numb the area. After my daughter saw that I was holding my eyes shut tight because of the pain, she came over and told me to hold her hand and squeeze it as tight as I can. Once the shot over over I couldn't feel anything but she continued to hold my hand and rub it to make me feel better until the doctor was done. For how much she tells me she hates me and the temper tantrums and how mean she can be to her brother lately this today shows me that when she needs to be she can be very compassionate. Oh and that she really loves me.

I'll post pictures here in a bit of my new tattoo!! Glad I'm not the only fanatic :)

I'm so glad it's woohoo Wednesday. I'm gonna woohoo because I went out to lunch and will still manage to stay within maintenance calories this evening. I don't get anything sweet although I may sneak a piece of chocolate just to satisfy the craving :) Ordinarily I'd just throw in the towel on the day because I didn't do well at lunch and so what's the point? But I'm motivated to really stick with it this time. I had an NSV to celebrate but now I don't remember it...oh well. I have the opposite of an NSV and that is that I was trying to zip up my pencil skirt after lunch today and the hook fell off the back haha. It was already loose so I'm not too upset. And the skirt feels tight in the thighs and booty but looser in the waist. And I've been working on leg and booty gains so I'm going to chalk it up to that and not getting larger (that'll make me feel better anyway).

I wasn't able to get back on yesterday. I got a hold of Teresa. Something was up with our emails last week. We weren't getting each others. All is good and we booked the cruise yesterday. I am so excited. Now I just have to wait over a year to go. In the mean time I need to really get to work on losing weight. 20 pounds in about 15 months. That is more then doable.

The scale hated me this morning. I was quite disappointed. I have been doing so well, went for a run yesterday. The only thing I liked was that supposedly my body fat went down. Not sure if that is true as those numbers don't make a lot of sense either. But I will just take it as a kick in the right direction.

I started a new yoga and foam rolling class at lunch at work today. We have a few courses like that which we can sign up for. I did this last year and really liked it and can tell how good it is for me. I should do some of that at home. But then there is so much I ought to do...

My wooho for today is that my new jeans feel less tight! When I had to get a new pair of jeans, I was kind of between two sizes and got the smaller one. Today I put then when they were freshly washed and was afraid of how snug they might feel. They feel great. Not too small at all. Very happy about this!!
That is awesome! Love when clothes fit better, it feels like more of an accomplishment than the scale going down :)

I realized that the night DH and I are going to go over to see Wishes for our last time is the Dapper Day at MK. I threw together some dapper outfits (when being a theater nerd/costume hoarder comes in handy!) and am so excited!!! Our outfits are BATB inspired and it will be awesome! I fastpassed meeting Mickey after fireworks to get some cute pictures LOL
That sounds like so much fun, Hope you guys have a great time!

I think I prefer online groups to real life because I'm not very extroverted.
I am the same way!

Woohoo... I'm back. Haven't had a chance to read back thru everything yet, but wanted to pop in and say Hi!
Welcome back! I am happy to hear you had a nice trip :-)

All is good and we booked the cruise yesterday
WOOHOO!!! That is awesome, your going to love it :lovestruc And that story about your daughter is all too familiar LOL my kids are the same way.

I'm gonna woohoo because I went out to lunch and will still manage to stay within maintenance calories this evening.

Great job! It is so easy to give up on the day after one meal. I need to think more like you when I have those days.

I started a new yoga and foam rolling class at lunch at work today. We have a few courses like that which we can sign up for. I did this last year and really liked it and can tell how good it is for me. I should do some of that at home. But then there is so much I ought to do...
Classes during your lunch sound awesome, is this something your company does? I need to go to a foam rolling class. I feel like I am always doing it wrong.

With color and sound added to cartoons now, Walt wanted to make one that was longer. The result was Three Little Pigs. It premiered at Radio City Music Hall in New York City in 1933. It wasn't a big success there but when it opened in neighborhood theaters it exploded. It played in the theaters for months, which was unusual for cartoons at the time. The audience demanded more pigs, Walt was reluctant to repeat any of his work but he went ahead and had 3 more pig movies made. They did not do as well.

pigs.jpg

Walt started to win awards for his work and was being accepted more and more into Hollywood society. He also took up Polo. And after years of infertility he finally had a daughter just 13 days after his 32nd birthday. Diane Marie Disney was born on December 18, 1933. Things were looking good again.

What is your favorite sport? Is it one you play or just watch? Did you play any sports growing up?​

QOTD: Favorite sport? Does knitting while watching TV count? I've never been a team sport kind of gal. In high school I quite liked volleyball and it was one of the only team sports available to girls at the time (tennis was another one and I think we also had girls track... this was back in the dark ages where girls weren't allowed to wear pants to (public) school until I was in high school and we still had to take Home Ec), but I didn't try out for the team, just played in PE class. My folks were not supportive of after school activities that might require something of them, plus I was pretty shy and awkward. In hindsight it would have been a very good thing for me to have done. Now I guess hiking could be considered a sport, and I plan on doing more this summer, if we ever get to summer.

I'm signed up for a workshop at the yoga studio this Saturday called "The Heart of Wellness". One of the other doctors at the clinic I go to is leading it along with the yoga gal. My doctor is going to be splitting her time between the clinic and a new place she's opening up in Canada, so I'm hoping I'll like this other doctor and might consider switching.

Now on to more grousing about the weather... it is still stinking cold here, and wet. The front yard looks awful, but I can't mow it with my electric mower because the damp grass is just going to get clogged up in it. I'm half considering getting a little push mower, which I used to have but sold when I got the nicer electric. The other option is to go around with the clippers and at least knock down the taller clumps. The back yard is going to have to be weed-whacked, because the grass is so high.

I did get my next tattoo before going down to Texas. I have mixed feeling about it, as it is larger than I had thought I'd get... totally my choice but I wish I had stuck to the original plan. Plus it is supposed to be a moth but everyone seems to think it's a butterfly. In a couple weeks I'll be getting another bee on the same hand and a Sunflower on the other arm.

upload_2017-4-27_7-15-44.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-27_7-15-0.png
    upload_2017-4-27_7-15-0.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter