"Spring is in the Air" March 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

Hinders - in an average work day walking to/from the bus and around the office gives me around 6000 steps a day, and I'm not getting those in right now.

Helps - I'm doing well listening to myself and knowing what will help my mental health. Like keeping the promises to I made to myself about doing something outdoors and indoors each day, but not getting hung up on what those things are, doing what feels good not what I "have to do".

Just had a nice visit with my MIL who called to chat a bit. Relieved to hear that DH's neice who is in her last year of medical school in a joint program between one of our MT universities and UofWA in Seattle is on the MT rotation this term so is home with her husband and finishing up online. MIL said that we made a good choice to get a washer and dryer with our tax refund and agrees with me that chances are good my DH will not end up off work with his job being considered essential since even if all resturants are completely closed during this crisis by authorities people in hospitals (even if you eliminate elective surgeries and postpone others that can be there are still going to be people who have heart attacks, strokes, babies) and people in prisons are going to need to eat and DH has enough seniority that it would have to be to that. I asked her if FIL happened to have a tool that DH could use to check the battery on a car because mine is not running again and while I am not planning on going anywhere (OK if I had a car that ran I would consider ordering something and driving to go pick it up via curbside or drivethru) until this is over it would be nice to know what is wrong so when it looks close we can have the money to make the repairs set aside. Personally if we didn't still owe my parents 700 dollars on the damn thing I would say sell it for scrap metal and put the money towards getting something better even if we have to go with a tote the note place. It is a gas hog (worse than my truck that got about 18 miles to the gallon this car gets 13), drivers window doesn't work, radio doesn't work, data port (cigarette lighter) doesn't work, and it's a boat style body that gets no respect because it is not a truck or suburban but is a gas hog that your treated like trash if you drive. Amazing how different it was from my little car if I needed in people would let me in if I was signaling and same with my truck this car speed up everyone don't let that person in attitude.

Hi, All. Sorry for the late Tuesday question! - Around the time I would have been on line this morning, I got helping DS set up something for school and completely forgot. It was supposed to be:

What is one way the advice to stay at home has hindered your healthy-lifestyle plans, and one way that it has helped?

it has not helped yet. My son is using the kitchen as classroom as my husband is using the dinning room and I am using the living room. We are fortunate with big (for Ireland, american houses seem much bigger) house but 3 of our rooms are out of action

So between 8:40 and about 3:30 every day I can't go near the kitchen. Even in work I can go to get water or food easier so it's very akward
I am also isolating. I can't go to the stores. I can't get deliveries of food home. I have been eating really bad

I am going to have to make a change if I don't want to regain the weight I lost last month

I am going to do better from today, I have really ate way too much last few days or a week and it's not helping me feel any better. I miss being outside like crazy and our garden is still a mess but hopefully I am nearly the end of it and I can start going for my walks again

I am going to do better from today, I have really ate way too much last few days or a week and it's not helping me feel any better. I miss being outside like crazy and our garden is still a mess but hopefully I am nearly the end of it and I can start going for my walks again
I'm with you. I've been stress eating. I haven't gained weight yet, but if I continue on this path of self-destruction, I will. I also drank every night for the first few days, but I stopped that on the weekend. I'm a social drinker, not a person who needs to drink to cope. I have many family members who are alcoholics. I'm the lucky one who escaped that, but I don't want to turn into them.

So, today, I will get back to Noom. It is time for me to take control of myself.

My Woo Hoo is that so far, everyone in my home, all of my friends and family are not infected by the virus. So far, we are healthy and safe! I hope to keep it that way.

FYI: Today is Giving Day for the Red Cross. Anything you donate is matched. I did it this morning, and I was able to choose exactly where the money's going...Corona Virus.

Hi, All. Sorry for the late Tuesday question! - Around the time I would have been on line this morning, I got helping DS set up something for school and completely forgot. It was supposed to be:

What is one way the advice to stay at home has hindered your healthy-lifestyle plans, and one way that it has helped?

Hinder -- If I leave my house my anxiety goes through the roof. I have always had some anxiety but nothing that hindered me too much. If I went to a party someone I knew would have to be there and I would only stay by them. But I never had any panic/anxiety attacks before. I did last week for the first time. It was horrible. Also, I am not moving as much while at home. I really wish I had a treadmill. We are going for walks but other then that I am sitting. And with sitting next to the kitchen I way too much access to food. I only gained about .5 pounds last week but need to get that under control.

Help -- having kids. I need to keep it together for them. Mainly DD who has anxiety to start with. I stay calm she will stay calm. The kids are actually handling this all very well. DD's anxiety is always low when not in school so I think this has helped. She has been a bit comedic lately. Yesterday she asked what a Lt. Governor was and I told her. She said that was to complicated of a name and rambled off other names it should be. One being Vice Governor but the best one was that is should be called the replacement. I laughed so hard. She also decided to do 93 burbees yesterday. She is hurting a bit today but laughing about it.

Also, what has helped is i am still working from home. My day is the same other then leaving the house. I have not clue how I am going to get to go to work when this is all over. I am sleeping in until about 7:30 when i start work. I pretty much just roll out of bed and start work within about 5-10 minutes. But having my normal schedule really helps.

Last, I would have to say our head of the Health Department and Governor. Both have a calming voice but Dr. Amy has been great with explaining everything. She used to be a teacher at Ohio State and has brought her teacher to the conferences. She can be stern to get the point across when people are not listing. We have also seen her start to cry a few times when talking about her family. I think she has 6 kids and 2 of her boys are in CA and were on lock down before us. She has talked a bit about her past growing up that was not the greatest and empathizes with students when the schools closed. But really her explaining everything so we can understand it has been great for me.

WhooHoo for today

I am grateful that I am stuck in my lovely new home, with my husband and my son. There is nowhere else I would rather be stuck in the current situation. So WhooHoo goes to my house again

I also have a Mam Cave room. It is everything! Vanity case with beauty make up. Yoga mat. A lot of light. It's my happy room in the house!

Woohoo...

Since being in quarantine I've been paying close attention to my numbers: I'm down 6 pounds and I've been able to get my blood pressure back in to good territory by doing my breathing exercises. My blood sugar is still high because I've been eating carbs, but I've had less straight up sugar so hopefully it'll start to move soon. All very important for wellness and resistance.

I've gotten more done outside than I thought I would. Yesterday I was able to work in the back for a couple hours again, and it is looking much better. My goal for this week is to uncover and prep the raised beds for planting of some veggies.

This morning it is rainy, so the project focus will be indoors... plenty of things to choose from!

My biggest woohoo is that this has caused me to slow down. I am a go-go-go person and like to plan, prepare and basically control things. I am learning to take a step back and let go of things that are out of my control. Right now, it feels like the only thing I can do to prepare is to make sure I have food and supplies for the next few weeks.

Woohoo - I finished another book.

Woohoo- I am getting exercise outside more...walking & bike rides.

Woohoo - so far, everyone in my family remains in good health.

Well, I guess that it is a good thing that I got myself back on track with my eating today. My Noom coach sent me an SOS message! He saw that I haven't logged anything in over a week, and took action. I explained exactly how I have been "coping" with everything, and that all of YOU have helped me to be more motivated to take better care of myself. So thank you for helping me.

I put on make-up today for the first time since March 14th. Today, my daughter has been filming me reading books to my class. I also had to do my hair rather than just brush and put in a ponytail. I am wearing a nice hot pink t-shirt and cardigan and pajama pants. I have a table with a table cloth in front of me so that I didn't have to get completely dressed. The worst part is wearing a bra lol.

I am wearing a nice hot pink t-shirt and cardigan and pajama pants. I have a table with a table cloth in front of me so that I didn't have to get completely dressed. The worst part is wearing a bra lol.

:laughing: My DH is "half dressed up" today as well. He had a video conference, so he is in PJ pants and a collared shirt.

And save those story videos somewhere! - Years and years from now, I bet your grandkids would love a DVD of grandma reading them bedtime stories!

:laughing: My DH is "half dressed up" today as well. He had a video conference, so he is in PJ pants and a collared shirt.

And save those story videos somewhere! - Years and years from now, I bet your grandkids would love a DVD of grandma reading them bedtime stories!
I love it! :lmao:

The videos are my newly created YouTube channel, so they will be there. Great idea!

The worst part is wearing a bra lol.

I haven't worn one in about a week and a half.

I don't normally wear make-up so I have kept up with not wearing any. I typically wear leggings with a t-shirt and sweatshirt. I just make sure I have the sweatshirt on for meetings. I am going to miss this when i have to go back to work and wear business casual again.

I haven't worn one in about a week and a half.

I don't normally wear make-up so I have kept up with not wearing any. I typically wear leggings with a t-shirt and sweatshirt. I just make sure I have the sweatshirt on for meetings. I am going to miss this when i have to go back to work and wear business casual again.
Yep, bra-less here as well! Even when I went to the grocery store, with a coat on who could even tell? I do usually wear makeup, but haven't been doing that either, but I am doing my hair and getting out of my PJs every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!