"Spring is in the Air" March 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

From yesterday...

Hinder - I've been stress eating the last few days, so my weight has gone up slightly. Hovering around 210 now. On the one hand, my brain says stress-ration everything. More fasting = more food for later, and who knows how long this will go on. On the other hand, my brain says stress-eat everything RIGHT NOW. :rotfl: On the bright side, we had Mexican for dinner Monday AND Tuesday night, to support one of our favorite local restaurants, and I only "gained" a pound from that. I know it wasn't a true gain, either, and if I can get myself back on track, then it'll come off. I've been really bad about drinking water the last few days - I went from 120-150oz a day to maybe 40oz. I can feel the difference in my body for sure. I'm trying to rally myself mentally and put energy into exercise, cleaning, and learning... but I just can't focus on anything lately.

Help - DH is working from home during the days, so I get to see him more. Him not driving half an hour across town, twice a day, 5 days a week, is a small help to our monthly budget since we don't have to put gas in his truck weekly. He also was able to get the garage a little more cleaned out/organized, which is a project he has been trying to tackle for a while now. We cut cable yesterday to free up $30 a month, but we still have Netflix/Disney+/Prime, which will let us watch more of the movies and series we've been saying for months we needed to see, instead of just letting the news play in the background.

From today....

Wow I feel too tired to woohoo. :rotfl: Let's see. Woohoo - We are, so far, still healthy, knock on wood. Woohoo - DH is, so far, still employed, knock on wood. Those are big woohoos right now.

Taking stock of all the food in the house today to see where we stand. I know we can get through this week and maybe even most of next week, but I know there is a grocery visit in the not-too-distant future. I'm anxious about any amount of getting-out at this point because what if THAT one trip is THE one trip. If DH gets sick, we're in big trouble.

We've been doing Swagbucks surveys for gift cards and all of the surveys I've taken this week have added questions about how COVID-19 is affecting our buying habits.

I'm hoping the rain will stop for a couple of days so the ground will dry out. It's time to start doing yardwork again but it's rained so much lately the yard is just a swamp. I miss the sunshine!

Well, OK. I, and quite a few other corporate employees, have been furloughed for 6 weeks, starting April 5. I knew this was coming but thought I had a buffer to be safe... I directly support on-line facilities and we were already short a TPM in my area.

Financially I'm fine, for once in my life I have a 6 month contingency buffer based on normal expenses, but in the current situation it can go even further than that since all I'm spending money on right now is food and meds.

Thinking about being stuck at home and disconnected from work and co-workers is a heavy burden I'll have to work thru. I guess I'm going to get a lot of gardening and household chores taken care of.

Well, OK. I, and quite a few other corporate employees, have been furloughed for 6 weeks, starting April 5. I knew this was coming but thought I had a buffer to be safe... I directly support on-line facilities and we were already short a TPM in my area.

Financially I'm fine, for once in my life I have a 6 month contingency buffer based on normal expenses, but in the current situation it can go even further than that since all I'm spending money on right now is food and meds.

Thinking about being stuck at home and disconnected from work and co-workers is a heavy burden I'll have to work thru. I guess I'm going to get a lot of gardening and household chores taken care of.
I’m so sorry that you have to go through this. It’s a tough situation to be in. Fortunately you are okay financially. Hopefully you can keep in touch with your coworkers using technology.

It's Thankful Thursday, Everyone!!

We've played this game once before, but I thought today would be a good time for another round, as many of us are home right now. As a group, we'll try to come up with something to be thankful for starting with each letter of the alphabet. Copy the list from the post above yours, and add as many or as few new items as you want. (Come back multiple times if you'd like.) Out goal is to fill in A-Z by the end of the day! I'll start in the next post.

A
B - banana bread, which I made early this morning to surprise DH and DS
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z - Zoom (meeting app) - I signed up yesterday, and was very proud of myself.

A
C
D
E
F
G
H - Health
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T - Teams (chat/video through Microsoft 365) -- This is what we are using at work to stay connected and work from home.
U
V
W
X
Y

A
C
D
E
F
G - Gardening
H - Health
I - Internet
J
K - Kitties
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S - Sunshine
T - Teams (chat/video through Microsoft 365) -- This is what we are using at work to stay connected and work from home.
U
V
W - Walking
X
Y

ooopppsss @sjrec I grabbed the wrong version - but we both put sunshine for "S"!

So my safe little bubble sure got kicked in. I went thru a lot of emotions yesterday and felt like I landed in a pretty good place, thinking this might be the beginning of the life I want to build in Port Townsend... assuming the furloughs turn in to layoffs, which is possible. They said the choices were made on work that needed to continue and work that could be deferred: I thought the additional work on the buildings I support would fall in the needed category, but after thinking about it more I suspect that most of my team might be gone, as three of the Engineers are contractors, and that our work might be rolled over to the core team.

There is part of my brain that is saying I'll get called back in in four weeks... don't know if that is intuition or wishful thinking. But if I do ultimately get laid off my severance plus contingency cushion and pto payout covers a year, so there is an opportunity to transition to a new life. I'm not so much worried about finances as I am digging myself out of this house... the basement is full of stuff and my plan was to get thru it this year. Looks like I'll be working on it next month.

Lots to think about.

Last edited:
So my safe little bubble sure got kicked in. I went thru a lot of emotions yesterday and felt like I landed in a pretty good place, thinking this might be the beginning of the life I want to build in Port Townsend... assuming the furloughs turn in to layoffs, which is possible. They said the choices were made on work that needed to continue and work that could be deferred: I thought the additional work on the buildings I support would fall in the needed category, but after thinking about it more I suspect that most of my team might be gone, as three of the Engineers are contractors, and that our work might be rolled over to the core team.

There is part of my brain that is saying I'll get called back in in four weeks... don't know if that is intuition or wishful thinking. But if I do ultimately get laid off my severance plus contingency cushion and pto payout covers year, so there is an opportunity to transition to a new life. I'm not so much worried about finances as I am digging myself out of this house... the basement is full of stuff and my plan was to get thru it this year. Looks like I'll be working on it next month.

Lots to think about.
When one door closes, a window opens.

A
C - Chocolate in all forms and all kinds
D
E
F - Flowers
G - Gardening
H - Health
I - Internet
J
K - Kitties
L - Laughter
M
N
O - Ocean
P
Q
R
S - Sunshine
U
V - Videos that make me laugh
W - Walking
X
Y

I love how this is filling up!!!

A
B - Banana bread, which I made early this morning to surprise DH and DS
D
E
F - Flowers
G - Gardening
H - Health
I - Internet
J
K - Kitties
L - Laughter
M
N
O - Ocean
P
Q
R - Reading (doing a lot of that lately!)
S - Sunshine
U
W - Walking
X
Y

A - Applause, because we all deserve it.
D
E - everyone in this thread
F - Flowers
G - Gardening
H - Health
I - Internet
J
K - Kitties
L - Laughter
M
N
O - Ocean
P
Q
S - Sunshine
U
W - Walking
X
Y

A - Applause, because we all deserve it.
D - DS, who cooked us all breakfast this morning!
E - everyone in this thread
F - Flowers
G - Gardening
H - Health
I - Internet
J
K - Kitties
L - Laughter
M
N - Nice people, who are making an extra effort to be friendly, even from a distance
O - Ocean
P
Q
S - Sunshine
U - Utica Zoo's Tamarin & Iguana Webcam
W - Walking
X
Y

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!