Spring refurbs

Proud Cheapskate

Mouseketeer
I noticed that Buzz Lightyear and the castle dragon will be under refurbishment in late January. Any guesses how long they will last? Still no reopening date for the Disneyland Railroad? Going in April, just want to know what's going to be closed.

For Buzz it might be longer than just January. It's going to be an extensive renovation, as it is not in very good shape at the moment. So possible it's not open in April. But this ride is almost identical to counterparts in the other parks.

I believe the castle dragon is usually in refurbishment in January / mid winter, as it can get slippery in there when the floors are wet & frozen. If it's a normal refurbishment, it should be open in April.

And the railroad.... a few months ago they said open per 1 December, now it's pushed back to Spring 2020, but it has been delayed more than once. I wouldn't count on it, and if it's open you are pleasantly surprised :).

Last edited:
I'm going in April too. What is closed at Studios for refurb and what is permanent? I see Crush down (assuming refurb but not sure how long). Any world on if RnRC, Armageddon are down permanently or will they be back - rumors on the backlot tour? I know they are prepping to add Star Wars to that park but can't seem to find details.

I'm going in April too. What is closed at Studios for refurb and what is permanent? I see Crush down (assuming refurb but not sure how long). Any world on if RnRC, Armageddon are down permanently or will they be back - rumors on the backlot tour? I know they are prepping to add Star Wars to that park but can't seem to find details.
RnRC & Armageddon are permanent. RnRC is going to be refurbished/rethemed to Iron Man.

Armageddon is closed to make space for new lands. Frozen, Star Wars en Marvel are going to be opened in phases from 2021.
So 2019/2020 means a lot of closures and refurbishments to make space and to build evertything.

The Backlot Tour is going to be rethemed to Cars. I believe this should be done in Summer 2020.

Crush is a regular refurbishment.

Last edited:

Hate to bump my own thread and be the bearer of bad news but it looks like Thunder Mountain is going down on March 18 which doesn't bode well for April visits. Dumbo goes down the same day but I care much less about that.

Oh no....please not BTM.

I will be there on April 5th onward and I hope that they will not close BTM over Eastern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!