SSR - Best Location

deanna2426

DIS Veteran
Hi All.

I haven't been on the boards in a while but I am getting into high gear planning our 10 night trip to WDW in June:cool1:

We are staying at SSR for our first 4 nights. I was wondering which location is closest to transportation or walking to DTD.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Views vary. All are fairly close to transportation but some prefer the Grandstand area because it is the first pick-up and first drop-off from the parks. Some like the Springs area close to the main pool. Some the Paddock area close to to new, second main pool, some Congress Park both because it has one of the best views at WDW, looking over the lake and across to DD, and has the shortest walk to DD.

I would agree that Congress Park is the section to be in for DTD. We never had to wait very long for the bus there as well and it was early june when we were there last. Even the walk to the Main Lobby was avery enjoyable one. This is why we are proud to be SSR owners.:welcome:

I would agree that Congress Park is the section to be in for DTD. We never had to wait very long for the bus there as well and it was early june when we were there last. Even the walk to the Main Lobby was avery enjoyable one. This is why we are proud to be SSR owners.:welcome:

Thanks so much for your replies!

Congress Park sounds perfect for us. Fingers crossed our request is met.

Thanks again,

If you request Congress Park, would suggest you also make request for lake view, upper floor. I have twice requested that for relatives staying on my points and the request came through both times.

Some of the upper floors now have huge trees that block the DTD view..that happend to us last summer. The only view we had was tree banches lol

Previously our ground floor villa had a perfect view of DTD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter