SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Stayed twice at SSR. Requested Grandstand both time. Got it the first time. Just last month got Carrousel and ending up really liking it. Who knew?
We absolutely loved our 1 bedroom in the Carousel section too. When I saw what area we were assigned, I was so disappointed until we got to our room. Literally across the street from the Carousel bus stop and maybe a 2 minute walk to the Paddock pool. Would happily stay in the Carousel section again!

Just booked SSR for next February (just a studio for us 3) after a two year break. Very excited to return. It is my daughter's favorite for the Paddock pool. When can I anticipate the SSR events calendar being posted? Has morning yoga returned to the resort? Thank you!

I just wonder if the “it’s such a long walk” comments are from people who didn’t have a car. The % of people who arrived on the magical express bus was likely very high. Sure, all walking outside in the florida heat is terrible. Add to that the resort mug. Yes too much walking I would guess. The parks are honestly too much walking in the intense heat. We’ve only stayed at SSR in January. Our Epcot day was an intense 84° in January so we left to go swimming but drove our car to the paddock parking lot. I really enjoyed it but everyone vacations differently.

Just booked SSR for next February (just a studio for us 3) after a two year break. Very excited to return. It is my daughter's favorite for the Paddock pool. When can I anticipate the SSR events calendar being posted? Has morning yoga returned to the resort? Thank you!
This thread is updated every month when the new calendars are posted at each resort. So you can see what's being offered now and follow along as your visit gets closer.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/monthly-resort-recreation-calendars.3871996/

If I would like to be near the Paddock pool, what should I request for room requests? My options are (and I get 2):
Near pool
Near Carriage House
Near Bus Stop
Grandstand section

Thank you!

If I would like to be near the Paddock pool, what should I request for room requests? My options are (and I get 2):
Near pool
Near Carriage House
Near Bus Stop
Grandstand section

Thank you!

Don't use those options. Call or chat with Member Services, and make a request to be in the building closest to the Paddock Pool. If you look at a map you can pull the building numbers. We were at the one just south of it, near the bridge to the Springs, Building 5501. It was perfect.

I'm a SSR newb and have some questions..

I have my first stay booked for my birthday week this August!! We're 3 adults in a 2 br preferred room and I'm trying to figure out which location is best for us.

I know "preferred" is either The Springs or Congress park but is there a real big difference between the 2 locations? We're locals so we'll be driving over if that matters.

We will have a dinner the first night at DS but other than that probably won't be headed that way.

I'm curious about the bus stops - we've never stayed at a resort with multiple stops so if we're at the last stop what's the probability there will be room on the bus or will we have to wait for the next one?

and what are the approximate bus ride times to the parks??

what other tidbits do I need to know about???

The Springs is preferred because it’s closest to the main High Rock Springs pool and the Carriage House where the restaurants and shops are as well as the boat to DS. Congress Park is the shortest walk to DS and has the possibility of beautiful views across the lake.

I can’t answer about the bus - we were at the second stop both times we stayed there!

There's rarely a time where you don't make it on a bus - it may happen on the Springs stop if you're trying for rope-drop and are there during a very busy time - but I have stayed at Saratoga nearly every month of the year, and 4-5 times in a year, and haven't seen people turned away from a park bus during any later hours (but I admit I NEVER do rope-drop).

I actually prefer Congress Park for a few reasons - the walks to the restaurants and main building aren't too long IMO, plus you can easily drive over (park in the back by the boat dock and there's a back door entrance)...but I also like to sometimes use the Disney Springs busses after 11am and early afternoon to evening to get to some parks when I don't want to take the internal bus. It doesn't work for all parks as AK isn't easy to walk into, but for getting to Epcot I can take the Beach or Boardwalk bus, to get to MK I can take the Contemporary bus, and DHS the Boardwalk bus, and walk over...and it can be useful when leaving the park at closure after fireworks when the park bus stops are mobbed and it can sometimes be 2-3 busses before you get on - simply walking over to Beach Club from Epcot, or Contemporary from MK, and hopping the Disney Springs bus then just walking back home to Saratoga.

I'm a SSR newb and have some questions..

I have my first stay booked for my birthday week this August!! We're 3 adults in a 2 br preferred room and I'm trying to figure out which location is best for us.

I know "preferred" is either The Springs or Congress park but is there a real big difference between the 2 locations? We're locals so we'll be driving over if that matters.

We will have a dinner the first night at DS but other than that probably won't be headed that way.

I'm curious about the bus stops - we've never stayed at a resort with multiple stops so if we're at the last stop what's the probability there will be room on the bus or will we have to wait for the next one?

and what are the approximate bus ride times to the parks??

what other tidbits do I need to know about???

We were at the middle bus stop last time (Paddock) and at park opening time our bus to MK filled to standing room at our stop. This was the only time though. All other rides we all got seats and there was enough room. So I think most of the time you’ll be fine. It was also the first week in December, which I think is a bit busier time.

We prefer Congress Park. To me the walk from Paddock to the Springs is close enough that I wouldn’t spend extra for preferred unless I want Congress Park, to be near DS.

We were at the middle bus stop last time (Paddock) and at park opening time our bus to MK filled to standing room at our stop. This was the only time though. All other rides we all got seats and there was enough room. So I think most of the time you’ll be fine. It was also the first week in December, which I think is a bit busier time.

We prefer Congress Park. To me the walk from Paddock to the Springs is close enough that I wouldn’t spend extra for preferred unless I want Congress Park, to be near DS.
Well, we are rope droppers so we'll definitely need to be on the first bus - can you remember about how far ahead of park opening that the busses arrived??

Well, I've already spent the points on preferred so I just can't decide if Congress Park or The Springs is better...I can't imagine we'll go swimming or eat in the restaurants at The Springs....

There's rarely a time where you don't make it on a bus - it may happen on the Springs stop if you're trying for rope-drop and are there during a very busy time - but I have stayed at Saratoga nearly every month of the year, and 4-5 times in a year, and haven't seen people turned away from a park bus during any later hours (but I admit I NEVER do rope-drop).

I actually prefer Congress Park for a few reasons - the walks to the restaurants and main building aren't too long IMO, plus you can easily drive over (park in the back by the boat dock and there's a back door entrance)...but I also like to sometimes use the Disney Springs busses after 11am and early afternoon to evening to get to some parks when I don't want to take the internal bus. It doesn't work for all parks as AK isn't easy to walk into, but for getting to Epcot I can take the Beach or Boardwalk bus, to get to MK I can take the Contemporary bus, and DHS the Boardwalk bus, and walk over...and it can be useful when leaving the park at closure after fireworks when the park bus stops are mobbed and it can sometimes be 2-3 busses before you get on - simply walking over to Beach Club from Epcot, or Contemporary from MK, and hopping the Disney Springs bus then just walking back home to Saratoga.

Are both of these docks for the boats to DS?? Thanks for the insider information on using the DS busses!

1713407962182.png

Well, we are rope droppers so we'll definitely need to be on the first bus - can you remember about how far ahead of park opening that the busses arrived??

Well, I've already spent the points on preferred so I just can't decide if Congress Park or The Springs is better...I can't imagine we'll go swimming or eat in the restaurants at The Springs....

Are both of these docks for the boats to DS?? Thanks for the insider information on using the DS busses!

View attachment 852813
The boat dock circled to the left of your photo is the Saratoga Springs dock which is behind the Carriage House.
The boat dock circled on the right is the Disney Springs boat dock.
That's right! The Disney Springs boat dock is closer to Congress Park than it is to Disney Springs. If you're in Congress Park and want to go to Disney Springs walking is the way to go.

They seem to start roughly 45 min to 55 min before park opening...that doesn't necessarily mean the bus will be at YOUR stop at that time though.

If you are trying to get to a park early for opening and are staying in Springs or Congress Park, you could 'cheat' a little and simply walk over to Grandstand - it's not that far a walk, and then you're at the first bus stop to make sure you get on the bus.

The boat dock circled to the left of your photo is the Saratoga Springs dock which is behind the Carriage House.
The boat dock circled on the right is the Disney Springs boat dock.
That's right! The Disney Springs boat dock is closer to Congress Park than it is to Disney Springs. If you're in Congress Park and want to go to Disney Springs walking is the way to go.
That's hilarious that the 2 boat docks are that close together!!

Thank you!

They seem to start roughly 45 min to 55 min before park opening...that doesn't necessarily mean the bus will be at YOUR stop at that time though.

If you are trying to get to a park early for opening and are staying in Springs or Congress Park, you could 'cheat' a little and simply walk over to Grandstand - it's not that far a walk, and then you're at the first bus stop to make sure you get on the bus.
Great tip!! and I dont think of things like that as "cheating" but rather doing Disney smarter!!

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter