SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Am I correct in thinking the studios do not have a washer/dryer?

If so, is there a laundry area at the resort?

And, if there is, what does it cost to wash and dry a load?

Thanks!

Studio's don't have a washer/dryer. The laundry rooms are located by the pools. And they are free. :)

If you are DVC members, or renting points, , there are washers and dryers at tge pool areas free to use. You just need to purchase or bring the detergent. I'm not sure about cash stays.

I am hoping to purchase a small 50 point contract via resale next year and SSR is on my short list for sure. Either here or at OKW or AKVs. I just have a feeling that I will have better opportunities with available contracts, prices, ect here. Plus I do love the lower dues.

Has anyone booked with the preferred section and not got the section you were hoping for? You wanted Springs, but got Congress Park or vice versa? Is one section more requested than the other? Would it really be worth it to cough up the extra points, but still taking a chance on the section you want?

Has anyone booked with the preferred section and not got the section you were hoping for? You wanted Springs, but got Congress Park or vice versa? Is one section more requested than the other? Would it really be worth it to cough up the extra points, but still taking a chance on the section you want?

I personally haven't had that happen. Every time I've booked preferred, I've specified Congress Park because I love that view over Disney Springs. I've been lucky enough to stay at The Springs when I didn't book preferred and I personally won't request to stay there again. Being close to the carriage house is nice, but being the last bus stop is not. Additionally, I don't mind walking the pretty grounds of SSR with my coffee in the morning to go get breakfast. I would estimate that Congress Park is more requested than Springs, but Congress Park has 4 buildings and Springs has 3.

I did notice that even if you were placed in Congress Park, say the first two buildings, that didn't look like a long walk at all the Springs.

Is the Carousel section the least popular or least requested? I am thinking it might be. But I guess thats a chance you take with a standard view location. Any good reviews of it?
That is the absolute worst spot in SSR, and one of the reasons I know choose to use preferred view. I think that many times, cash reservations end up in the carousel area, but I could be wrong. I actually think carousel should be a third category of value points - it is near nothing, has no pool associated with it and is the farthest out. Absolutely must have a car if you are staying in this area. Four years ago, we spent 4 nights at SSR before changing to BCV for 12 nights. The first night at SSR was on cash, the rest on points. We were booked in a 2 bedroom lock-off in the carousel. I did not really mind, because we had a car, but I had my then 80 year old mother, and everything was far for her and she was dependent on us for everything, even just to go to the main building. The next morning, I explained the situation to the CM at the front, and they very graciously moved us closer to the main building in the "Springs". The Springs has become our favorite SSR spot. Prior to, we would always ask for Paddock pool area, which is still my preferred standard points area.
If Carousel was marked as "value" points with the same spread as value AKV, then it would be desirable IMO, but not now in the current location or current point spread. Hence SSR should have preferred, standard, and value points.

I personally haven't had that happen. Every time I've booked preferred, I've specified Congress Park because I love that view over Disney Springs. I've been lucky enough to stay at The Springs when I didn't book preferred and I personally won't request to stay there again. Being close to the carriage house is nice, but being the last bus stop is not. Additionally, I don't mind walking the pretty grounds of SSR with my coffee in the morning to go get breakfast. I would estimate that Congress Park is more requested than Springs, but Congress Park has 4 buildings and Springs has 3.
I have not had a problem. I have booked Springs the last two years, and have gotten the springs. We choose the springs to make it an easier walk for my mother to the main building

Just checking - if you trade in through RCI, do you get standard or preferred? I know at Boardwalk, you get preferred. Thanks.

Just checking - if you trade in through RCI, do you get standard or preferred? I know at Boardwalk, you get preferred. Thanks.
I just got a match at SSR for April 2018 and it's a standard view. The match I had back in April 2016 was SSR preferred.

We are new DVC owners, we are going in May for 1 week staying in a 2 bdrm villa. I requested the Paddock, can someone tell which building to request? I'm pretty sure I requested close to pool.
Thanks

We are new DVC owners, we are going in May for 1 week staying in a 2 bdrm villa. I requested the Paddock, can someone tell which building to request? I'm pretty sure I requested close to pool.
Thanks
Welcome Home! We always request bldg 9 because it is right next to the pool and bus stop.

Just got an email informing me that there will be construction noise and that the On the Rocks Pool Bar and the Rock Springs Pool will be closed.

Guess that means that preferred isn't so preferred any more.

Where the construction/closure dates specified?
They didn't give me dates. Only during my trip which is Jan 17 - 26. And that the Rock Springs pool will be closed as well as the On The Rocks Bar.

Also that there will be construction noise after 9am until dusk.

Dang it. Now I have to figure out where to request. I have preferred but wanted close to a mug refill station. I also have a scooter, so we were going to walk over to the first bus stop, if we needed to.

They didn't give me dates. Only during my trip which is Jan 17 - 26. And that the Rock Springs pool will be closed as well as the On The Rocks Bar.

Also that there will be construction noise after 9am until dusk.

Dang it. Now I have to figure out where to request. I have preferred but wanted close to a mug refill station. I also have a scooter, so we were going to walk over to the first bus stop, if we needed to.
If you were in The Springs - Building 7, it wouldn't be that far to take the bridge over to the Paddock to refill. I assume it would be doable with a scooter but definitely not optimal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!