SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We stayed at SSR about two years ago through a RCI Exchange and enjoyed enough to return in a couple months. Since it's been a couple years, have there been any changes we should be made aware of? Any tips?

Thanks, in advance!

Hello! Just got back a couple of days ago from our stay at SSR. The only change I noticed was that the toiletries are larger, and we got trash taken out every day for some reason, which was nice. That was probably a glitch. The boat transportation to the Springs worked out good, and of course there is a bridge that makes the walk alot shorter than it used to be. There are a ton of new places to eat and shop in the Springs, so make sure you have time in your itinerary for some fun there!

Hello! Just got back a couple of days ago from our stay at SSR. The only change I noticed was that the toiletries are larger, and we got trash taken out every day for some reason, which was nice. That was probably a glitch. The boat transportation to the Springs worked out good, and of course there is a bridge that makes the walk alot shorter than it used to be. There are a ton of new places to eat and shop in the Springs, so make sure you have time in your itinerary for some fun there!

Daily trash removal is the new normal. It's part of Disney's new security measures. They put eyes on every room every day. Daily trash removal is how they accomplish this with DVC. Daily housekeeping covers the room check for normal rooms.

Hi all!! 1st time staying at SSR this June. On departure day our flight out is at 7p.m., are there lockers and showers we can use before we leave for the airport? TIA

Do they come into your room and get the trash of do you place it outside the door?

Last edited:

How far of a walk is to Disney Springs from the main dining area?

You can take a boat over from dock below the Carriage House. Just exit by either the door by Turf Club or on the other side of the balcony via the store. Walking might take 11 minutes from the path near the boat dock.

My first visit to SSR (and staying at a DVC property) this June. Aside from the initial page of this thread, is there a site to go to that has detail info on the resort? I'm looking for information like what type of coffee filters do I need to bring (or do I?) and things like that.

:thanks:

My first visit to SSR (and staying at a DVC property) this June. Aside from the initial page of this thread, is there a site to go to that has detail info on the resort? I'm looking for information like what type of coffee filters do I need to bring (or do I?) and things like that.

:thanks:

I don't know of any single place to learn things like that.

The coffee makers are the same at all DVC - 12 cup that take a flat bottom filter. Well, a 4 cup maker appears in some studios now and then although it shouldn't. But still flat bottom. You'll get 1 or 2 pre packaged packs of coffee when you arrive and they are replaced on full cleaning or trash and towel days and then you have to fill in the rest with filters and coffee.

The coffee makers are the same at all DVC - 12 cup that take a flat bottom filter. Well, a 4 cup maker appears in some studios now and then although it shouldn't. But still flat bottom. You'll get 1 or 2 pre packaged packs of coffee when you arrive and they are replaced on full cleaning or trash and towel days and then you have to fill in the rest with filters and coffee.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Are there any "quirks" to staying at Saratoga Springs? I'm going to request to be in The Grandstand section. (Pretty sure that the "preferred" areas are off limits to RCI exchanges.

We have a split and now disjointed stay planned for October. There is not a single available studio (using points) for 10/3! Which is smack in the middle of the trip. When I talked to MS, the CM was surprised and double checked the system. I have been stalking the night for a month with no luck. I am searching all resorts and will take any studio. I do have a wait list for SSR for 10/3 and 10/4, I thought it was likely my best choice. I do have the night of the 4th covered at Kidani and a wait list for 10/3, but I am not confident about that night. What do you think my chances are of getting it covered at SSR?

We have a split and now disjointed stay planned for October. There is not a single available studio (using points) for 10/3! Which is smack in the middle of the trip. When I talked to MS, the CM was surprised and double checked the system. I have been stalking the night for a month with no luck. I am searching all resorts and will take any studio. I do have a wait list for SSR for 10/3 and 10/4, I thought it was likely my best choice. I do have the night of the 4th covered at Kidani and a wait list for 10/3, but I am not confident about that night. What do you think my chances are of getting it covered at SSR?

I'd give that very good odds of coming thru. SSR is huge so lots of opportunities for cancellations.

I'd give that very good odds of coming thru. SSR is huge so lots of opportunities for cancellations.
Thanks for helping me take a deep breath! I have been worried, and exhausted so many options. How on earth are all the studios booked on a week night?! We rented points to a friend for her honeymoon and put my focus on that trip so they got what they wanted not considering I needed to jump on mine. Will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!

Thanks for helping me take a deep breath! I have been worried, and exhausted so many options. How on earth are all the studios booked on a week night?! We rented points to a friend for her honeymoon and put my focus on that trip so they got what they wanted not considering I needed to jump on mine. Will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!

That seems to happen a lot with Wed and Thursdays - probably people staying a little longer or arriving a couple days early before the weekend. Good luck! I think you'll get it and hope I'm correct!

I'm thinking of requesting to stay in The Grandstand section of the resort. Are the buildings assigned numbers? There is a particular building that appeals to me more than the others. However, all of the maps that I have seen show a range of room numbers for the buildings, but no designation for the buildings themselves.

I'm thinking of requesting to stay in The Grandstand section of the resort. Are the buildings assigned numbers? There is a particular building that appeals to me more than the others. However, all of the maps that I have seen show a range of room numbers for the buildings, but no designation for the buildings themselves.
IMG_20180407_225245.jpg

We last stayed in Grandstand in the building labelled on the map as 8501-8836. I can't recall if the buildings themselves were physically labelled at the resort or not, but I did just check the email that let me know my room was ready and it says Building 85. Our actual room number was 8711 on the third floor on the half of the building that's closest to Carriage House. It was a great location by the way. If you were looking for a different building in Grandstand, I'm not totally sure what their numbers are.

Hey everyone! My husband and I will be staying at SSR in December for the first time! I do have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help me with! :)
1) What equipment is available in the gym? Specifically, is there a squat rack, barbell bench, and chin-up bar? Or is it mostly free weights and treadmills, etc?
2) We are booked in a preferred room, which I understand means we are either near the main lobby area or close to Disney Springs. Which one is the better location to catch the bus to the parks in the morning?
3) Are the busses to the parks on time, and how long do they take? I have read a lot of negative reviews regarding the bus system at SSR and I need someone to ease my mind! I have only been to WDW once before and we stayed at POFQ. If the buses are comparable to that hotel, then I know everything will be fine. We will likely be rope dropping a few times, so I just want to know how far in advance to be at the bus stop.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter