SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Someone is reporting that SSR no longer has bottled shampoo and condition but a pump system on the wall. Is this rumor true?

Last edited:

We are here now and there are containers of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and bar soap. We are in the Grandstand.

I’m also here today & the unit I’m in has pump dispensers on the wall for shampoo, conditioner & body wash. It’s still the same H2O products, but no longer in individual, travel-size bottles. I’ll try to post a picture. We also have bar soap.

We were in Congress Park in a one bedroom at the beginning of June. At that time there were no pump dispensers, just bottles.

I’m also here today & the unit I’m in has pump dispensers on the wall for shampoo, conditioner & body wash. It’s still the same H2O products, but no longer in individual, travel-size bottles. I’ll try to post a picture. We also have bar soap.

We were in Congress Park in a one bedroom at the beginning of June. At that time there were no pump dispensers, just bottles.

Thanks for confirming this information. I found it hard to believe it could possibly be true.

I have always done room request when I do online check in. Will I have a better chance of getting request if I call MS?

I have always done room request when I do online check in. Will I have a better chance of getting request if I call MS?
Neither way is guaranteed but we’re two for two at Saratoga this year calling MS

Hello friends! Husband and I rented DVC points for an anniversary trip/baby's first visit in late Feb early March. My in-laws are coming with us as they are going to a wedding in Tampa, so after we all check out they are going to drive to Tampa for the weekend. This is our first time at a deluxe, we are both really excited!!

We have a few questions:
In-laws usually stay club level @ AKL but now are considering SSR so they can help with the baby if my husband and I want a date night. They are not interested in renting DVC points and would just book through Disney's website - their parents are elderly and are concerned that there may be some health issue so they might need to cancel last minute. I understand that my husband and I will get full housekeeping service on the fourth day since we rented DVC, but if my in-laws book through Disney, will they get daily housekeeping service?

Secondly, does the whole resort charge parking fees, or is it just charged for guests who book a room only or vacation package through Disney (AKA - not DVC owners using points, or guests renting DVC points)? So if my in-laws booked SSR through Disney, and rented a car, would they be charged parking fees? If so, it would make sense for the rental car to be under me & my husband's room, right?

Thirdly, if we end up not renting a car at MCO, can we rent one on Disney property somewhere then turn it in at Tampa?

Fourthly, could we do DME on the way there but NOT on the way back? Thinking my husband and I may drive w/ in-laws to Tampa to say hello to extended family, then fly home from Tampa. In this scenario, my in-laws would also DME TO resort, but would rent a car from WDW and drive it down to Tampa to turn it in.

Thanks in advance!

Thirdly, if we end up not renting a car at MCO, can we rent one on Disney property somewhere then turn it in at Tampa?

Fourthly, could we do DME on the way there but NOT on the way back? Thinking my husband and I may drive w/ in-laws to Tampa to say hello to extended family, then fly home from Tampa. In this scenario, my in-laws would also DME TO resort, but would rent a car from WDW and drive it down to Tampa to turn it in.

Thanks in advance!

I can't answer the other questions, but I can answer these...

You can rent from Disney property, just depends on your preferred rental company. We have rented (or returned) one ways at both the Swan and Dolphin, and the Motor Plaza just outside of the Ticket and Transportation Center. There are probably other rental locations along Hotel Plaza Blvd (in the hotel lobbies).

As far as I know, there is no direct rental locations right inside a Disney Resort.

We also do the one way Magical Express all the time too. When you fill out the request, it will specifically ask about each leg.

I understand that my husband and I will get full housekeeping service on the fourth day since we rented DVC, but if my in-laws book through Disney, will they get daily housekeeping service?

This is the only question I know the answer to. If they book directly through Disney, they will get daily housekeeping.

Here’s a picture of the soap dispenser. I have been in a 2-bedroom unit in Grandstand.

Attachments

• 9C3F0E02-25C4-4309-9DE5-7FA7C1328182.jpeg
    9C3F0E02-25C4-4309-9DE5-7FA7C1328182.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 55

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!