SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

what is the difference between the Preferred and regular villas?

The Springs and Congress Park are the preferred areas. Grandstand, Carousel, and Paddock are standard. The villas themselves are the same, the categories just have to do with the section they are located in. The Springs section has the main hub area for the resort and Congress Park has the bridge to Disney Springs.

Why would Disney put in the soap dispenser in SSR but not other DVC units?
I don't know this for sure, but from what I've heard I think they aren't targeting only SSR- I think they may be just slowly integrating them across many resorts.

I got a quote for SSR. It would be 300.00 more to stay in a preferred room vs. standard. Is this worth the cost? If we are in a standard room, roughly what would the farthest walk to Congress Park or the Springs be? It would be me, DH and DD age 6. We don't mind walks, but if it is a mile, we might want preferred. Thank you!

I made the requests online when I did our online check in. The CM at check in specifically mentioned those requests and said they had been fulfilled. We are in the Paddock right next to the pool.
How far is the walk from the Paddock section to the main pool area/community hall? Thanks!

Does the living room in a 1 bedroom unit have a pull out chair- along with the pull-out couch?
We'll be there on Sunday!

I just made the deposit on SSR standard deluxe studio villa with a request for the Paddock area. Now the "to get excited part!" It will be me, DH and DD age 6. We look forward to visiting the two main pools and eating at Artist's Point.
Can someone tell me about their Community Hall? When we stayed at BWV, DD loved Community Hall. Any other tips for kids at this resort? Thank you!!

I just made the deposit on SSR standard deluxe studio villa with a request for the Paddock area. Now the "to get excited part!" It will be me, DH and DD age 6. We look forward to visiting the two main pools and eating at Artist's Point.
Can someone tell me about their Community Hall? When we stayed at BWV, DD loved Community Hall. Any other tips for kids at this resort? Thank you!!

Artist Point is at Wilderness Lodge. Artist's Palette is at SSR, but it's a QS. The restaurant is The Turf Club. We never tried The Turf Club. We loved the Paddock Grill (QS by Paddock pool), but didn't really care for Artist's Palette. It does look like the menu has been expanded since we went though.

There were lots of fun games and activities around the main pool that she would probably like and participants could usually win a prize. We never checked out the Community Hall- we just didn't have the time. The pools and slides were great.

Artist Point is at Wilderness Lodge. Artist's Palette is at SSR, but it's a QS. The restaurant is The Turf Club. We never tried The Turf Club. We loved the Paddock Grill (QS by Paddock pool), but didn't really care for Artist's Palette. It does look like the menu has been expanded since we went though.

There were lots of fun games and activities around the main pool that she would probably like and participants could usually win a prize. We never checked out the Community Hall- we just didn't have the time. The pools and slides were great.
Sorry, yes, Artist's Palette.

Community Hall is pretty diverse. There is one large room with various crafts including a bunch of different ceramics to paint. This was a fun activity for a few hours one day. There are also a variety of other crafts available with some organized, guided things but mostly work at your own pace stuff. Younger kids can also choose to color or do other paper crafts on large activity tables.

The other main room has non-stop Disney movies playing and a few different video game consoles available for use with several game choices.

The cast members who staff the community hall at SSR are wonderful and friendly.

In addition to the indoor activities, there are tons of outdoor games and sports equipment that you can check out for use in the inner courtyard/lawn area. Various bikes are also for rent.

The community hall hosts some organized walks, runs and yoga gatherings. There is also a ‘club’ atmosphere for teens on certain nights.

Movies are available for rental to go back to your villa and watch.

We were very impressed and had a great time.

Staying for two nights in September before moving resorts. We definitely want to be close to the Paddock pool as our kids are obsessed with water slides. However, given the transportation setbacks, I was wondering how the Minnie Vans worked at SSR. Would the van pick us up from outside our room? Or would we have to go to the carriage house to be picked up? (Same question applies to Uber/Lyft as well.)

Staying for two nights in September before moving resorts. We definitely want to be close to the Paddock pool as our kids are obsessed with water slides. However, given the transportation setbacks, I was wondering how the Minnie Vans worked at SSR. Would the van pick us up from outside our room? Or would we have to go to the carriage house to be picked up? (Same question applies to Uber/Lyft as well.)
They’ll pick you up in the parking lot near your section.

What paper goods are provided in the studios? I don't know if I should bring paper bowls, cups and utensils for cereal and tea in the morning. Thanks.

Hello friends! Husband and I rented DVC points for an anniversary trip/baby's first visit in late Feb early March. My in-laws are coming with us as they are going to a wedding in Tampa, so after we all check out they are going to drive to Tampa for the weekend. This is our first time at a deluxe, we are both really excited!!

We have a few questions:
In-laws usually stay club level @ AKL but now are considering SSR so they can help with the baby if my husband and I want a date night. They are not interested in renting DVC points and would just book through Disney's website - their parents are elderly and are concerned that there may be some health issue so they might need to cancel last minute. I understand that my husband and I will get full housekeeping service on the fourth day since we rented DVC, but if my in-laws book through Disney, will they get daily housekeeping service?

Secondly, does the whole resort charge parking fees, or is it just charged for guests who book a room only or vacation package through Disney (AKA - not DVC owners using points, or guests renting DVC points)? So if my in-laws booked SSR through Disney, and rented a car, would they be charged parking fees? If so, it would make sense for the rental car to be under me & my husband's room, right?

Thirdly, if we end up not renting a car at MCO, can we rent one on Disney property somewhere then turn it in at Tampa?

Fourthly, could we do DME on the way there but NOT on the way back? Thinking my husband and I may drive w/ in-laws to Tampa to say hello to extended family, then fly home from Tampa. In this scenario, my in-laws would also DME TO resort, but would rent a car from WDW and drive it down to Tampa to turn it in.

Thanks in advance!

I know some of your questions have been answered, but I want to clarify that you will not get a full housekeeping service on day 4. Trash emptied and towels replaced plus they may replenish toiletries but they do not do a cleaning - that’s day 8.

Guests staying on points get free parking, but if your parents book through Disney while they do get daily housekeeping, they would be charged for parking a car. I guess you can claim it on your room.

I hope all your questions have been answered. Have a magical trip!

I got a quote for SSR. It would be 300.00 more to stay in a preferred room vs. standard. Is this worth the cost? If we are in a standard room, roughly what would the farthest walk to Congress Park or the Springs be? It would be me, DH and DD age 6. We don't mind walks, but if it is a mile, we might want preferred. Thank you!
I don’t think it is worth the cost, unless you have mobility issues. We have stayed in the last building of Paddock and it is almost as close to Disney Springs, and close to the Congress Park bus stop. I don’t think anything is a mile, unless you stay at the furthest treehouse villas and don’t take the internal bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter