SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We are thinking about renting a car for a day or 2 while we stay at SSR in May We want to take a drive up north to check out a possible place to relocate :)
Anyway whats the closest location we can pick up a car and how much is parking going to cost us at SSR or a parking garage at DS?
Thanks for any info! Also we are not DVC members, I am sure that makes a difference on charges

Bev
If you are renting points it is free to park. If you are a paying cash then there is a charge. I think they consider all DVC properties deluxe.

Ok, what is the best way to put in your request for room locations at SSR? These are the buildings in the order in which I would love to be in, #15, #16, #9, #10 and #8.

1. An email to Member Services
2. Call Member Services
3. Email with Touring Plans

I'm not a DVC member ,but we have stayed at many DVC resorts through RCI swaps, and I can't honestly say who would be best to contact in advance. I think the general rule for a room request is to make the list fairly short with only a couple items that are most important to you, such as a particular building, near transportation. first floor, etc. I don't think just listing five or six buildings would be effective. We've also had good luck with just making our case at the front desk if we didn't get the building we wanted. At our last stay at SSR, we asked for the Grandstand building closest to the Carriage House, but they had us in the Paddock and said there was nothing in that Grandstand building. I asked as politely as I could if there was anything they could do, and the CM called housekeeping to see who was checking out of the Grandstand that morning, and, lo and behold, we were in the Grandstand. I think they just gave us that room and put whoever was slotted for it in a different room.

Ok, what is the best way to put in your request for room locations at SSR? These are the buildings in the order in which I would love to be in, #15, #16, #9, #10 and #8.

2. Call Member Services

I had good luck on our stay by faxing my request to 407.827.4444. We got the exact view and building we wanted, although we were on the first floor instead of an upper floor. In my request, I specified that I wanted in the southernmost Paddock building and I used the room number range that is on the SSR map (i.e. 6501-6836 in my case). And I said that it would be ideal if we could be on an upper floor, but that anything facing the water would be fine.

I did try to keep my request as simple as possible, and I mentioned why we wanted in that specific building in case that helped them select my room based on my priorities if my exact request wasn't available. For example, I mentioned that we wanted a west-facing water view and that we wanted to have convenient access to the Disney Springs walkway. So our room in the far southwest corner of the south Paddock building was perfect.

2. Call Member Services

I've only ever called (no Carousel!!!). I've never tried requesting specific buildings. In all fairness, most my stays are (extended) weekends, and nothing longer, so generally I'm fine with whatever Paddock or Grandstand I get.

Live chat is the best way to contact member services about anything, give it a try. Unlike with email it is instant, and unlike with a call you can immediately obtain a copy of the chat for your record.

"Hellooooo we are staying at SSR first time and I am wondering what time of coffee pot is in the room{studio}? Thank you!

I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find the answer. Does anybody have an educated guess as to when the refurb will start and when it will finish?
I bought SS points in 2011, but have never ended up staying there, but with the new studio murphy bed being introduced, and the combination of my daughter turning 21 in a few months and all of the lounges, restaurants, and entertainment that has popped up in Disney Springs, SS seems like it is now going to be a perfect fit for us. We would like to go the last two weeks of August 2020, do you think it will be finished?

I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find the answer. Does anybody have an educated guess as to when the refurb will start and when it will finish?
I bought SS points in 2011, but have never ended up staying there, but with the new studio murphy bed being introduced, and the combination of my daughter turning 21 in a few months and all of the lounges, restaurants, and entertainment that has popped up in Disney Springs, SS seems like it is now going to be a perfect fit for us. We would like to go the last two weeks of August 2020, do you think it will be finished?
I certainly hope so. We hated the broken down couches in early 2018. But we love the location with all of the DS stuff now available. We aren't going again until 2020 so hope all is better.

It should start right after OKW is finished. Should start somewhere in the Spring April/May.

We arrive at SSR next Tuesday for our first stay at the resort (studio)!! What type of safe do they have? Key or combo? Will it fit a laptop? Thanks!

Thank you. Also, they supply hair dryers right? And are there bowls and spoons in the kitchenette?

They do supply hair dryers, though it's the kind that is tiny and mounted on the wall by the sink. (Just got back from a studio stay a week ago.)

Sorry...another question. Are there water wings at the pools or just life vests? It would save us some packing room if we don't have to pack water wings. Thank.you!

Thursday we will be going to MK from.SSR and want to make rope drop. We are in paddock. How.much time should i give us? Thanks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter