SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I really love this refurb. I just watched the entire video series posted above. I think these rooms look great. To be honest I have not been crazy about any of the refurbs in recent years like BC, YC, Coronado, and Pop Century. Seems like the decor style they are doing lately has been so plain and blah, really dialed down themeing. But this one I have to say I really think they got it right! I love it.

I am attempting to purchase SSR and this makes me really look forward to staying there.

I am just in the contract stage right now and I am actually super nervous because I just listened to a DVC podcast yesterday where they mentioned that SSR is one of the most frequent to be taken at ROFR so now I am super worried that I am not going to get this.

We absolutely love SSR, joined in 2003 and almost exclusively stay there. Disney Springs is one our favorite places being that most of our trips are couples only.

Staying at SSR our next trip. Going to Hoop Dee Doo Review one night. Just wondering the best way to get there from SSR. I'm thinking bus to MK then boat to Fort Wilderness. Is their any better way I'm thinking an hour to get there the way I'm thinking.

Yes that is probably the best way. You want to ultimately go to FW by boat, because you will arrive on the HDD side. If you take a FW bus, like from Disney Springs for example, you will arrive at the opposite end of the property.

Staying at SSR our next trip. Going to Hoop Dee Doo Review one night. Just wondering the best way to get there from SSR. I'm thinking bus to MK then boat to Fort Wilderness.
You way is fine but it still takes quite a while.

The very easiest and fastest way is to take a Minnie Van. Minnie Vans are allowed to drop you off right in front of Pioneer Hall. Of course you do have to pay a pretty penny for that luxury.

Does anyone know if I have a crib delivered to the resort & meet the delivery person at check-in in the lobby as required by Disney now, can I ask bell services to bring it to the room with my other luggage?

Not an owner but I rented pointed for a stay last month and I have to say, I loved SSR! The food court/QS area was still under construction but it wasn’t a problem in the least. The owner of the points upgraded me to a preferred room without my knowledge which was a nice surprise. Buses were decent most of the time, the boat to DS was so quick and convenient. Staff was the friendliest I’ve encountered at any resort in wdw. Room refurbs are underway but my non-refurbed room was great. Would definitely stay here again!

Last edited:
hello, i'm not sure if this the right place to ask this, plz redirect me if i'm in the wrong spot.

does anyone know where the minnie vans pick up at SSR? i'm thinking of taking one to save time to RD at MK. will they pick us up right at our building or is there a specific place they pick up?

any idea what time i should request the minnie van to make emh rd at 8am at mk on 11/8?

thank you.

Not an owner but I rented pointed for a stay last month and I have to say, I loved SSR! The food court/QS area was still under construction but it wasn’t a problem in the least. The owner of the points upgraded to a preferred room without my knowledge which was a nice surprise. Buses were decent most of the time, the boat to DS was so quick and convenient. Staff was the friendliest I’ve encountered at any resort in wdw. Room refurbs are underway but my non-refurbed room was great. Would definitely stay here again!
Glad to hear - we are renting points for a night before our cruise in January and I'm excited to check it out.

Anyone have any updates on the progress of the refurb?

hello, i'm not sure if this the right place to ask this, plz redirect me if i'm in the wrong spot.

does anyone know where the minnie vans pick up at SSR? i'm thinking of taking one to save time to RD at MK. will they pick us up right at our building or is there a specific place they pick up?

any idea what time i should request the minnie van to make emh rd at 8am at mk on 11/8?

thank you.

As far as I know Minnie Vans will pick you up at your door. When we used them on our last trip, we were in the Paddock area and our Minnie Van came straight to our door practically.

Hi. Booking a GV for next November. Are the GVs refurbed or will they be by then?

Grand Villas are all over the resort, so they will be refurbed as they move thru the resort. I do believe that there is a video of a refurbed 3 bedroom in the section that they are currently working on.

Grand Villas are all over the resort, so they will be refurbed as they move thru the resort. I do believe that there is a video of a refurbed 3 bedroom in the section that they are currently working on.
Thank you. I would want one that faces DTD. Its an adult trip with the focus of golf, spa and DTD for music, drinks and food at night with 2-3 park days most.

Thank you. Just saw the refurbed GV. Going next year hope I get one.
When looking at the video, it looked like there are four full bathrooms in the GV. Is that correct?
Thanks.

We are staying at SSR for our 1st time for 3 nights precruise at the end of January. I just finished reading the 1st post from this thread and it brought me back to our first DVC presentation at SSR in 2007. We were staying at OKW and decided to check out ownership at that time. Being the Disney fans we were, it made sense to us. The best thing I can say about it was the lack of pushiness by the sales rep. We went home and were able to research ourselves and found a resale contract at VWL that we couldn't say no to. For us VWL was home. After almost 12 years of ownership we've managed to try a few others. Now its SSRs turn. I've yet to be disappointed by any of them. My biggest gripe would be AKVs distance to everything. Loved the resort, not the transportation. Okay enough with the long-windedness. Looking forward to checking out this resort and seeing what it has to offer. Polling everyone as to their favourite areas to stay. We're staying in a standard studio so our choices are such. Love to hear others perspectives. 8-)

We like staying at Congress Park as I feel that we are just a few yards from DS. That is a preferred section. Paddock can be almost as close and is standard.

A decade ago I remember friends telling me how much more they liked the Boardwalk area because there was so much more to do. Now DS is the place with the most restaurants and entertainment.

We check in online and sometimes never even set foot in the Carriage House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter