SSR REFURBISHMENT

ANY IDEA WHICH BUILDUNGS ARE FINISHED YET?
It hasn't started yet. I think the thought is end of April as that is the projected finishing date for OKW. The SSR refurbishment is likely going to last until 2021 when the next refurb at WDW is scheduled for VGF (soft goods) and BRV (full refurb). I would assume they won't start on VGF and BRV with a significant portion of SSR still shut down.

That should be reported and be replaced now.
Should be, but honestly after a stay in an AKV value 1bd I understand why people don’t report.

We had a non-functioning TV remote (wasn’t even the same brand as the TV), missing flatware and a HK and then engineering CM up for the seriously malfunctioning sofabed.

By the time I reached the burned out bulbs I was tired of calling & tired of tipping for things that should be inspected by a HK manager.

Should be, but honestly after a stay in an AKV value 1bd I understand why people don’t report.

We had a non-functioning TV remote (wasn’t even the same brand as the TV), missing flatware and a HK and then engineering CM up for the seriously malfunctioning sofabed.

By the time I reached the burned out bulbs I was tired of calling & tired of tipping for things that should be inspected by a HK manager.

I tip for extra but not to have things fixed that should have been noted and taken care of by those same depts.

I tip for extra but not to have things fixed that should have been noted and taken care of by those same depts.
I just felt they were hanging out waiting for a tip. We tip here, but it’s not as necessary & it stresses me out, when to tip, how much lol!

I just felt they were hanging out waiting for a tip. We tip here, but it’s not as necessary & it stresses me out, when to tip, how much lol!

I've often called to have things fixed or things that were missing and have never gotten the impression they were looking for tips. Sometimes we're not even there when they are which actually is what I think they prefer.

I've often called to have things fixed or things that were missing and have never gotten the impression they were looking for tips. Sometimes we're not even there when they are which actually is what I think they prefer.
It was definitely the impression I got. It could have been because that’s what I was expecting. There should really be an online form for us to report missing/broken items etc. There isn’t, is there?

It was definitely the impression I got. It could have been because that’s what I was expecting. There should really be an online form for us to report missing/broken items etc. There isn’t, is there?

No there isn't. I think housekeeping ought to have an online form they check off on or even a paper that they could turn in on the rooms each day for things that need fixing or replacing.

No there isn't. I think housekeeping ought to have an online form they check off on or even a paper that they could turn in on the rooms each day for things that need fixing or replacing.
Unfortunately, that would take an extra five or ten minutes in each villa and they wouldn't get done until 5PM every day. Plus, I'm sure you have heard of pencil whipping, right?

The OKW refurbishment is done apparently so SSR refurbishments should start pronto! From a purely selfish perspective, let's hope they start with Preferred villas so that area is finished by the time my December reservation rolls around...

The OKW refurbishment is done apparently so SSR refurbishments should start pronto! From a purely selfish perspective, let's hope they start with Preferred villas so that area is finished by the time my December reservation rolls around...
We expect to be in preferred in December too!

It hasn't started yet. I think the thought is end of April as that is the projected finishing date for OKW. The SSR refurbishment is likely going to last until 2021 when the next refurb at WDW is scheduled for VGF (soft goods) and BRV (full refurb). I would assume they won't start on VGF and BRV with a significant portion of SSR still shut down.
Do we know if the work has started yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts